I remember once hearing someone on Sikh channel say that "I never do Ardas for anything because maharaj knows best for me and he will do what is right and the thing you should ask for is Gursikhi! " He also gave an example of a mother and child, he said imagine if there's 2 children and one child is always bugging the mum saying "I need this/ give me this/ I want this!" the mum eventually gets fed up but the child that says patient and remains silent she'll praise him and happily give everything to him.

I tried this with my parents and it really worked and ever since then I've always accepted what maharaj has done and never really did a specific Ardas for anything minor. I just follow the idea that maharaj ji doesn't need me to tell him what I need as he is the creator and he knows better than me.

and If im every worried I always tell myself that I should keep 'parosa' (trust) and if things ever went wrong I tell myself that maharaj jis testing me to see how strong my parosa is..

Also there's that shabad that's goes

"Bin boleya sabh kich jaanda

Kis agey keeje Ardas"

But now with Uni and exam stress I feel really confused because I don't want to break this notion of parosa that I have.

Is it right to do an Ardas to maharaj for small petty things?

Don't you think you answered your question itself when you said :

Kis agey keeje Ardas"

Btw I don't know what do you study but I have such a qualification and occupation That has nothing to do with my Waheguru.. Its full of materialistic things... After attaching to gurbani I feel I should have chosen something else....

That's why I never went To Gurudwara sahib for this purpose of Getting Higher marks in my study .In my Ardas in front of Sggs ji ..I Have always Asked for two things first Sarbat da bhala,and secondly .. Mann di shanti te Tann di shakti ..

btw you can search..such questions have been discussed many times over here....maybe you can get better answers of your question..:)

I remember once hearing someone on Sikh channel say that "I never do Ardas for anything because maharaj knows best for me and he will do what is right and the thing you should ask for is Gursikhi! " He also gave an example of a mother and child, he said imagine if there's 2 children and one child is always bugging the mum saying "I need this/ give me this/ I want this!" the mum eventually gets fed up but the child that says patient and remains silent she'll praise him and happily give everything to him.

I tried this with my parents and it really worked and ever since then I've always accepted what maharaj has done and never really did a specific Ardas for anything minor. I just follow the idea that maharaj ji doesn't need me to tell him what I need as he is the creator and he knows better than me.

and If im every worried I always tell myself that I should keep 'parosa' (trust) and if things ever went wrong I tell myself that maharaj jis testing me to see how strong my parosa is..

Also there's that shabad that's goes

Kis agey keeje Ardas"

But now with Uni and exam stress I feel really confused because I don't want to break this notion of parosa that I have.

Is it right to do an Ardas to maharaj for small petty things?

The comparison of Vaheguru in no attribute being(no fear no hatred) to a mother with worldly attributes of being annoyed upset does not make sense. If he had taken a mother who exemplified Vaheguru no attributes of without fear and hatred then he could compare but his story would make no sense. Ardas is done to ask and say without you nothing can be accomplished, so please help me here my father (Vaheguru).

If the sikh channel person is right. This makes Gurbani of Bhagat Dhanna ji false. Bhagat ji ask even after meeting Vaheguru I need a good wife and food to put on the table.

Don't listen to these false parcharaks. Listen to Gurbani that tells us to do ardas. What is Chaupia Sahib da paath? Is it not an ardas?

People have made Akal Purakh into their servant. Does a servant need to be told what to do for the master? No he as a strict routine to follow and the master sits comfortably knowing everything will come to him. No need to beg or ask the servant what he wants. Our Guru's taught us to be servants and not masters. Without Vaheguru hukam no one can even blink an eye. Have we gone this egotistical to think everything will just come to us? Get down on your knees and beg and beg in front of him with a pure heart. Ask those who Akal Purakh has made their body the cage they can't escape. Can't get out of bed on their own, need to be fed by another, and cannot control when they go to the bathroom. Ask those who have no sight how many ardas they do to darshan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Go and listen to those who can't hear, how they long day and night to listen to the sweet sound of Gurbani kirtan. Our Guru did ardas before Akal Purakh. Read Bachittar Natak or the Bani also comes in Samporaan Rehras Sahib of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji saying in his ardas, I (Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji) can only uphold truth if you (Akal Purakh) are by my side.

Don't lose your Sikhi to those who cannot even beg before the Creator, the provider, your everything.

People have made Akal Purakh into their servant. Does a servant need to be told what to do for the master? No he as a strict routine to follow and the master sits comfortably knowing everything will come to him. No need to beg or ask the servant what he wants. Our Guru's taught us to be servants and not masters. Without Vaheguru hukam no one can even blink an eye. Have we gone this egotistical to think everything will just come to us? Get down on your knees and beg and beg in front of him with a pure heart. Ask those who Akal Purakh has made their body the cage they can't escape. Can't get out of bed on their own, need to be fed by another, and cannot control when they go to the bathroom. Ask those who have no sight how many ardas they do to darshan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Go and listen to those who can't hear, how they long day and night to listen to the sweet sound of Gurbani kirtan. Our Guru did ardas before Akal Purakh. Read Bachittar Natak or the Bani also comes in Samporaan Rehras Sahib of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji saying in his ardas, I (Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji) can only uphold truth if you (Akal Purakh) are by my side.

Don't lose your Sikhi to those who cannot even beg before the Creator, the provider, your everything.

Thank you so much :) feel so relaxed now because I tried what the Sikh channel guy said with my parents and it worked so I felt that it'll probably work with Waheguru ji too! But thanks to you ill be pestering Baba ji for everything again lol!

Btw what is the bachittar natak ????

ohdi lordh nai.... I m already fit guy..... (cough,cough)

cough cough ? that doesn't sound fit and healthy :biggrin2:

Thank you so much :) feel so relaxed now because I tried what the Sikh channel guy said with my parents and it worked so I felt that it'll probably work with Waheguru ji too! But thanks to you ill be pestering Baba ji for everything again lol!

Btw what is the bachittar natak ????

cough cough ? that doesn't sound fit and healthy :biggrin2:

that's an expression to say "ugh"..... :geek: