Guru Gobind Singh Jee Portrayed In A Violent Light

nanosecond

Guru Gobind Singh Jee portrayed in a violent light

Waheguroo! Network News Bureau

Tuesday, 29th July 2003

The BJP [bhartiya Janta Party],whose basic principles are Hindutava, have launched a new syllabus within the major educational agencies. CBSE, the Central Board of School Education celebrates its 75th Anniversary today, and NCERT is the agency based solely in Delhi. This new syllabus portrays the tenth Guru Jee in a violent light, and adds dialogue/drama to history which never occurred.The matter has been raised by Ranbir Singh Hora (Secretary Khalsa Academy,Indore) with the Prime Minister of India and other M.P.s

There is only one picture provided with the text, and if one were to skip the text and first look at the picture (which is natural to do) it portrays Guru Gobind Singh Jee as a violent man. His eyes and brows create an angry face, along with the tulvaar (sword) above his head.

Furthermore, reading the text of the book, there is a paragraph of a few lines which brings out sentiments that Guru Gobind Singh Jee was violent, or wished to instill fear in people. The text talks about the day the Khalsa was created, it talks about each one of the Punj Pyaray (5 Beloved Ones), after describing the first four beloved ones the following sentences (translated from Hindi) are added into the history.

"Those of you who are running from my call, if you run, will you be able to save your head?"

"Don't you know if you try to save your head, you're going to lose it?"

"Only if you give your head to me, will you save it!"

"If you want to save your head, you have to give it to me&quot

; (Repeated Twice)

This makes the reader feel as if the creation of the Khalsa was some violent cult, who did ritualistic sacrifices. The text fails to give the spiritual essence of why Guru Gobind Singh Jee 'asked for a head', since it did not do that--the text should have refrained from adding this 'drama/dialogue' which never occurred in history.

The children reading this should understand that a Sikh belongs to Waheguroo Jee and is willing to give his body, life, and soul. Instead the above sentences create fear, and put emphasis on the word 'ME'--which refers to Guru Gobind Singh Jee not Waheguroo Jee. When indeed, all Khalsay (including Guru Granth Sahib Jee) give their heads to the divine. Guru Jee teaches us that we should never instill fear or feel fear from others. Guru Jee made the call for those who were willing to give their head for the brotherhood, there was no punishment for those who didn't, there was no force or fear that one would die or suffer--for that would take away from the essence of Sikhism and the Khalsa.

These sentences and picture need to be taken out from the text, and replaced with the correct essence of giving one's head to the divine, the violent/cult-like sentiments should be diminished as well.

Waheguroo! Network News will keep you updated and provide more Panthic news breaks in the future.

*Please note*:the text quoted above was on a separate page from the picture, the text above the picture is general text describing the day and what Guru Gobind Singh Jee was doing.

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

A few days back Vicky sent me the scanned copy of the pages from this text book thru msn, and since i've studied Hindi for 9 years, i was able to read thru the 3-4 pages. i must say that the author of that particular chapter doesnt have half a cent worth of knowledge of the Vasakhi of 1699. And although he presents all the facts, he brings them out in such a rude and mean way that i m more than sure that every single non-Sikh student who studies it will be so dam confused about Guru Gobind Singh.

Consider for example, the 2 ways in which u can write about Bhai Dya Singh coming forward to offer his head to Gurujee :

(1) The way a Sikh would write : Bhai Dya Singh came forward and presented himself before Gurujee. He said "Guru Sahib, i am your slave. My head is at your feet o my True King".

(2) The way this author has written it : Dya Singh came through the crowds and said to the Guru "Here is my head".

Notice the impact (2) will have on non-Sikh students. The facts have been presented in such a tone that anyone can think of Guru Gobind Singh as someone who didn't mind killing.

And on the last page, the author concludes the chapter in the worst way i ever saw a conclusion. He goes something like "And so the Panj Pyaare were born. Till this day they are remembered in the same way". He never ever said a single word about Gurujee's greatness in creating the Khalsa.

i felt offended on reading it. Yes true facts are presented but in a very harsh way, to make it loo

k like so violent. This could be another cheap trick. They are silencing Sikh leaders who want Sikh history to be taught in schools, at the same time they are continuing their agenda of distorting Sikh history be making it sound like anything but positive.

Sat Sri Akal:

Don't expect anything from India. The MAIN target of the RSS is Sikhs, as they hold the most steadfast resistance against being assimilated into the Brahmin-control. And they also happen to hold all the government seats.

Us asking justice from them is like African Americans asking the KKK to to live together in harmony. One way or another, they will find ways to belittle Sikhism.

anti-sikh prpoganda is growing, wiht the likeness of sites such as sikh awareness and those bull-<admin-cut> ning sites...which are fakes...

the ppl in these books are the same who are behind all anti sikh propganda, indian government

dont' pay attentioln to the abovementioned sites, boy cott them and watch em role down hill

and as for the other,

khalistan zindbaad grin.gif

• 3 weeks later...