Kids Exposed To Religion Have A Harder Time Telling The Difference Between Reality And Fiction

Honestly Bj Veer ji,

you confuse me often as to what your need is ... is it to disprove everybody else's sharda and bhavna towards sikhi however naively it may have started or expressed or you just like posting things to make yourself happy you started a controversy...

The veer may have learned something in his youth which he is now repeating , so advise him what the truth is ...instead of this

Bhein ji,

I saw a valid point in the article ie teaching fiction can leave a life long impact on students.

And Toronto Malton guy proved it right !

Guru Sahibaan's taught Sikhs to lead a normal Grehasti Jeevan, no "laungs" involved.

So why are we promoting such wrong notions.

Honestly will you marry your sister to someone with such a mentality ?

no disrespect to any old saakhis. i have heard a lot from grand parents and parents.

kids need a "balanced story". they will ask questions and please don't repeat made up things. things get exaggerated with every story teller adding his own punch lines.

Our Gurus showed us the path to the Supreme power. they never claimed that they are God themselves. They were true social reformers. They certainly had powers which are beyond any scientific explanation. Even in today's world there are people with "divine" powers but they don't come to the limelight. Our fought hard against oppression and other problems in the society and never showed "chamatkar" for their advantage. Every area in punjab have there own versions of stories involving our gurus.

I think when telling an old saakhi you should also give information about the other available versions or beliefs/disbelief's associated with it for the kids to make up their mind.

Sikhism is not based on mythology. We have hard concrete history. Don't add superstitious things to it to make it look like Hindu Mythology.

Thing is a lot of our literature which is of highest quality is not being reproduced by OUR printing presses the congress/SAD controlled SGPC is directing what is or is not being released to us the SIkh community ...we need to reprint all the old pothis and granths and disseminate them after our Gursikh bretheren have seen if it is intact and in keeping with seena baseena knowledge of Buddha dal and Tarna Dal .

Guru Nanak Dev ji lived a grihst jeevan although he was away for long periods he still made sure his family was cared for . As did all of the Gurus who were of age , there are no tales of deception of wives or abandonment as there are in Hindu epics . Those who didn't wish the Gurus well are noted as part of our history and their motives are spoken of . When I tell my kids the saakhis they are allowed to ask anything they like and I will answer them as best as I can in the truth

e.g. Did Guru Nanak's family miss him?

...sure just you would miss your Mum or Dad but they knew he was doing something important so they were understanding. It must have been hard but they had their Mum and Grandparents around to help them.

Mum I feel like getting a kirpan and killing all the muslims for hurting and killing the chotte Sahibzahidey !

Betay(twins 6yrs) we fight Evil people as Sikhs not religions, those muslim people at that time were Evil who did this and now they are gone, but your job is to be good and strong believe in Sikhi and fight against evil no matter where it comes from.

Mum do you believe miracles can happen?

well Gurbani says we all have God inside us ...when we follow Gurbani and live truthfully slowly we become closer to our true selves and when that happens we see small glimpses of Guru ji's power in and around us but we are not meant to get distracted by it because we really want to be totally with Waheguru so we don't have to go through so many lifetimes away from him ...we can go home finally.