What Is This Symbol?

eduardo

Greetings.

I am not a Sikh but I work with a lot of Sikhs and was wondering what the meaning of a certain symbol is.

If you watch the video from 12 seconds onward you will see a blue symbol in the foreground.

What does this symbol mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Wl28cq2cs

I am asking because I have seen this symbol occasionally at work.

Many thanks.

Postie.

P.S. I hope I posted this in the right area of the forum, apologies if I did not.

Hi :)

its actually not a symbol at all. 1st time ive ever seen it.

its actually the number 5 in plain old standard numerals (pretty obvious) with the letter 'P' in Gurmukhi script just above it, and then its just been stylised. Im assuming its a reference to the land of the 5 rivers, Punjab. or the 5 beloved ones, the Panj Pyare. Though it could be anything lol.

I dont think you will have seen this "symbol" before. I certainly havent. You may have seen a 'Khanda' or 'IkOankar' (google it), the two symbols associated with Sikhi.

hope that helped :)

Ok thanks.

What I think is that it is a reference to the five beloved ones.

I don't know much about your religion but I do admire it and I have seen or I think I have seen this letter on the dashboard of a womans car.

I am fairly sure it was this letter and putting the pieces together I am now fairly certain it is referring to the Panj Pyare who entered the tent and were willing to be killed.

Like I say I don't know much about your faith but the more I learn about it the more I respect it.

So I will probably come back soon with a few more questions if you don't mind.

Kind regards.

Mr Postman.

Ok thanks.

What I think is that it is a reference to the five beloved ones.

I don't know much about your religion but I do admire it and I have seen or I think I have seen this letter on the dashboard of a womans car.

I am fairly sure it was this letter and putting the pieces together I am now fairly certain it is referring to the Panj Pyare who entered the tent and were willing to be killed.

Like I say I don't know much about your faith but the more I learn about it the more I respect it.

So I will probably come back soon with a few more questions if you don't mind.

Kind regards.

Mr Postman.

No problemo :)

Theres a really good youtube channel you may find useful, very informative.

'Basics of Sikhi'- over 800 vids just answering questions and explaining Sikhi in plain simple english :) the 'street parchar' playlist is a good place to start :) enjoy!