Cutting In Dead Animals

BramSingh

VJKK VJKF

I have an question about dead animals.

In my biology class, next friday, we will study the anatomy of a squid, which we will do by cutting a dead one open. These squids have been caught accidently while fishing by profesional fishers who give every unneeded animal caught in their nets to schools for study.

In short: is it okay to study animals by cutting a dead one open?(when the animal was not killed to study it)

Many thanks

Guest Jacfsing2

VJKK VJKF

I have an question about dead animals.

In my biology class, next friday, we will study the anatomy of a squid, which we will do by cutting a dead one open. These squids have been caught accidently while fishing by profesional fishers who give every unneeded animal caught in their nets to schools for study.

In short: is it okay to study animals by cutting a dead one open?(when the animal was not killed to study it)

Many thanks

It depends, I personally don't believe that Jhatka is bad, so since it already died a quick death, your just cutting it open, maybe you'll learn some more things related to the human body with this dissection. Is there a way to be exempt on moral grounds? I know where I'm from you could easily be exempt just guess you don't like the smell during dissection. It's ultimately a choice you have to make yourself on whether you want to do it or not. I'd just say follow the classroom policy.

• 1 month later...