Sikhi

Guest rsingh

I thought this would be a good thread which we could explain what sikhi is, what and keep rehat. The aim of this thread is to provide you with resources to discover the truth and use this thread to help other discover the truth.

Questions this thread should answer:

Q1) What is Sikhi?

Q2) What is the purpose of SIkhi, Sikhi Saroop, and Reath in todays world?

Q3) What is the purpose of SIkhi today?

• 5 months later...

FATEH JI.

WEll sikhi. SIkhi, (IMHO) is a way of life not a religion. Its only the people who turned it into one. SIkhi started from Guru Nanak Dev Ji and this was given its own identity by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in the form of KHALSA.

He did NOT make another "religion"/clan/etc etc (as some people may say). Anyways, Sikhi is really different form other relgions (no offnece to any of them) in the sense that Guru Ji was Chela THemselves. "WAHO WAHO GOBIND SINGH APPE GUR CHELLA". All other religions n leaders reffered their followers as their sheep (indirectly implied... if u get wot i min) But Guru Ji did not do this. Guru Gobind Singh Ji Himself called Khalsa HIGHER than Him. Not even the same level.. HIGHER!

"INHI KE KIRPA KE SAJJE HUM HAI" (sorry for spelling mistakes blush.gif ) That is the beauty of SIkhi. Sikhi is not abt folowing a human to get 2 the Akal Purakh.. It is about the "shortcut" method ie: go 4 God directly. THis is y guru GObind Singh Ji rightly sed "whoever worships me goes to hell". Now who can u compare that to?!?!

SOz gone a bit off topic... :)

yeh, sikhi, well sikhi basically = disciplehood. And we haf the support for 4 things...

1) OF Akal Purakh Himself

2) OF the SHabad

3) OF the Sangat

4) and ofcourse, ourselves as individuals.

U can never be born into SIkhi, lyk any other relgion, u haf to EARN the right 2 becum 1. Many peiople disagree but they usually the ones who are responsible(unknowingly i hope) for the downhill of sikhi.. becuase they also argue that we shoudl "move on" and "modernise". Sorry bnut wot is the modernised versoin of modern?! SIKHism is a relly modern relgion, all scientific facts prove Guru Ji RIGHT. THE Suffragettes were killed and tortured and worked SOOO hard 2 get equal rights 4 women... QUite intresting wen u look at Guru Nanak Dev JI, born back in 1469.. WHO STATED That women deserve equal rights. No suffregettes movement at Guru ji;s times..

Therer are other issues as well wich concern "modern sikhs" who rather "move on" such as drinking, clubbing etc etc. Well Guru Ji stopped this for agood reason. Compared to Sikhi, the discoveries that alcohol and smioking damaging ur health, was kidna recent..

Ok ill stop now b4 i carry on forever blush.gif

Bascially this is my opinion of sikhi.. and gosh I LUV IT SOO MUCH!

WAHEGURU

bhul chuk maaf. plz correct me if im rong

FATEH!!