• Topics

• Satnaam - auda Naam sach hai Karta purakh - au sab na da karta hai Nirbhau - au noo kise da darr nahi Nirvair - Au noo kise naal ver nahi Akaal Murat - au di moorat akaal hai Ajuni - au jooni vich nahi auda Saibhang - au da Prakash apne aap taw hoa hai Gurprasad - Guru di Kirpa naal jani da hai Jap - au da naam japo Aad sach - shuru taw sach saroop hai Jugaad sach - jug shuru hoye te sach see Hai bhee sach - hun bhee sach hai Nanak hosi bhee sach - (Guru) Nanak kehnde hai au bhiwik vich vee sach hove ga                        
    • maybe if you call it sikhi instead, we should not be promoting the term sikhism which is a colonial definition. We should use the proper term as sikhi.
    • There's no problem at all. Did the letter say to not eat or to "fast"? If you have to not eat, for whatever legitimate reason, that's not  a problem. The problem would be if you were "fasting" on a religious basis, like showing off how "pure" you are, like some Hindus and Muslims do. We're not supposed to do that.
    • Guest CarrotCake123
      My bibi got a letter saying that 12 hours prior to her hospital appointment at Ealing Hospital she has to fast. I know Sikhs are not allowed to fast so I was abit confused, is fasting allowed for these occasions or no?
    • The strange thing is what were they doing stealing a hair dryer or whatever. The girls hair looked straight enough  LOL

Important Information

Terms of Use