A question from a Muslim - ragmala

Guest Lionking

Guest Lionking

Hi

I work in a bank and there is this pretty Sikh apni I rather fancied - she's always hanging around this Muslim guy at work which pees me off - so trying to embarrass him one day when the three of us were on lunch together- I said to the girl the guru Granth is the most authentic book as we still have it written in the gurus handwriting- she said I'm sure the Quran is well preserved aswell. I laughed and said they wrote it 200 years later -after their prophet-  the Muslim guy then said it was written down a few years after their Prophet and it was persevered by memorisation by hundreds of followers  during his life - 

then he said is the the SGGS part of God - I said yes - he then said is the ragmala part of the SGGS - I said yes - he said  some Sikhs say it isn't - the girl agreed with him - I said yeah but most do say it's part of it - he said but no one is 100 % sure - I said "so what" - he said well if SGGS is a part of God and ragmala is not read - that's like having a person and taking his leg off - deforming him - and if the ragmala is not part of SGGS and it isn't read then that's like giving a complete person an extra limb or body part - like a third nipple .also deforming him . I was peed of at what he said but more so as the girl was laughing with him - considering she was a Sikh!

i said yeah but even if people don't read it then respect it - to which he laughed and said that sound stupid and a silly compromise - he then said maybe you should confirm your own scripture before questioning others - the girl agreed with him 

although I'm still angry at our own sikhni for siding with the Muslim I can't get his point of my head - wonder if more knowledge people can answer the issue of the ragmala .... thanks 

Why have you bumped this thread again? You can still go back onto the other one since there are A LOT of replies and answers.

I will answer your question regardless.

Raagmala IS part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj. If you are a true Sikh then you will never doubt your Guru. Why? Because the Guru is poora (perfect). Raagmala was initially started by people who were confused and had no true knowledge about The Guru. As for that Sikh apni you should straight up tell her: You are Sikh, the daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and you are not even standing up for your religion? Tell her she ought to be ashamed. Just go tell that Muslim guy to go mind his own business because I think he has no other thing to do in his life apart from adding fuel to this already burning fire of raagmala controversy.  I don't think we ought to get involved in this.

• The topic was locked