avar updaysai aap na karai

chardee_kalaa

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

i know i might turn by back on this post but i hope i can stay with it. well, to tell you the truth, the forums on tapoban.org, sikhnet.com, sikhsangat.com, gursikhijeevan.com, akj.org, 5knet.com, and other websites have provided me in the past with a lot of inspiration and upliftment.

however, lately i have become embroiled in so many heated arguments and wherever i look there is just another argument and another debate. i think sometimes these are great because they show that we are having growing pains and people are working out their differences. but in other places they are actually establishing and solidifying their differences and capitalizing on the intellectual or social weaknesses of others to further their ideology.

because of this frustration i have come to a resolve that for the next few months, instead of the typical discussion forums, i will just discuss things with my guru. i am going to come to these forums less often and try to visit all of the gurbani websites more often. i mean gursikhs are the image of the guru, but a lot of people on these forums are just posers. who am i to judge? well i myself am a poser - and they say a thief can best spot out another thief. for those who don't know what poser means it is somebody who is jeeo mailay bahru nirmal - dirty inside, clean outside. a hypocrite or a fake. and i'm sad to say there are so many of us. we should start a union, haha.

in all seriousness though, i think it will be much better for most of us that for every hour we spend on a discussion forum, we should spend an hour in discussion with our guru. this is the only way we will b

e worthy of these discussions and this is the only way we will actually come away from these forums with more incentive and inspiration. a lot of us just read the posts all day and don't change anything in our lives. this is a big problem of mine. plus a lot of us (especially me) like to post long long posts with lots of gurbani thuks and go on big rants and raves, but essentially we are not saying much. we just talk a lot to sound more intelligent. and unfortunately the newcomers and the more gullible gursikhs start to think that we are intellectuals and saints. i know i am worse than those banaras kay thug.

so i am tired of being perceived as one thing but actually being another. this is another phase of my life where i will try to institute a challenge for myself and to be most honest i think it's in hukam for me to refrain from these boards. so i hope it goes well and i hope guru sahib blesses me with gurmat gian and budhi that i need to be deserving of posting on these forums and giving advice to others.

kirapaa karahu dheen kae dhaathae maeraa gun avagan n beechaarahu koee ||

in the charan of the saadh sangat,

with love and humility,

thuhaadaa daas

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1369

kbIr Avrh kau aupdysqy muK mY pir hY ryqu ]

kabeer avareh ko oupadhaesathae mukh mai par hai raeth ||

Kabeer, those who only preach to others - sand falls into their mouths.

rwis ibrwnI rwKqy KwXw Gr kw Kyqu ]98]

raas biraanee raakhathae khaayaa ghar kaa khaeth ||98||

They keep their eyes on the property of others, while their own farm is being eaten up. ||98||

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!