Sign in to follow this  
singh598

Harnam Dummy Implicated In Corruption

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• I did not realise that the shipping kids into those schools went that far back, but it is probably even greater now.  However, a lot of kids struggle in Grammar School that they have to take external tuition.  Tuition is very lucrative.  There is a whole industry behind this.  But I guess the thing that Grammar schools have over a lot of secondary schools (other than academics ) is there is some level of discipline.  It is the discipline in classes that helps the students and teachers focus on education rather than being distracted by unruly pupils.  Secondary schools seem to have a discipline problem because they are full off unruly pupils. I know this very simplistic but I once was listening to one of the school inspectors on radio and it was one of things he mentioned.  What is very interesting about having Sikh Secondary school for many of our people is that provides an opportunity for another viable option in their minds other than Grammar Schools.  There have been parents who have been willing to bypass the 11 plus just to get into a more safe secure school if the opportunity arose. 
    • I like your nimrta, very good 👍🏼 Getting into Sikhi young is special beyond words. Enjoy this time period in your life. You’re definitely going to look back and miss it one day. My experience that day will come quicker than you think. Take one step at time and build your jeevan slowly (both rehit and simran).
    • "Stories." No, a lifetime of observations and, to a lesser degree, drawing inferences where experiences are undefined. I don't sit at home listening to gossip. I leave that to wo... nevermind. 😁 You can cling to optimism and feel angry, helpless and confused when the world around you doesn't function according to your high-minded ideals. The Kali Yuga is the age where those who don't wish to drown in the entirely false illusion of reality offered by people such as yourself, feel compelled to raise their objections about the obvious falsities around them.  The response to my words has only served to steel my resolve. I know I've touched a nerve. Instead of cowing me into silence, you've emboldened me further. Thank you.
    • No, even in the 90s there were lots of kids from Southall and Hounslow going to both Langley and Slough Grammar, at Herschel they were importing goreh from outside Slough. If you out the hard-work in your kids will pass, if they are somewhat gifted academically.

Important Information

Terms of Use