Sant or Raagi????

Guest rsingh

My question is it seems every raagi seems to be sticking title Sant infront of there name?????????

so whos the real sant?

it seems who ever rleases a tape, or learns Gurbani ucharan, sticks "sant" infront of there name.

I got an audio i think, i got to find, Bhai Sahib bahi Anoop Singh ji una Sahib vale was asked y he had "sant" infront of his name...?..........

hmmmmmmmmm :T:

true sants dont call themselves sants.. the sangat do..

eg.. Bhai Niranjan Singh.. Used to be called Sant Niranjan Singh, because although he wasn't tha sant from his dera.. the sangat started to call him that on the merit of his kirtan, katha and giyan.

But wen the sant from his dera passed away.. they appointed a new sant.. which was not him.. so out of respect he then changed his name to Bhai Niranjan Singh again..

And Sant anoop Singh has been called 'Sant' since an early age.. about 18 i think.. because of his inspirational kirtan.. this name was given by the sangat.. The same way a shaheed gets called Shaheed "........." singh or kaur.. obvioulsy he cant call himself a shaheed because he is no longer alive..

So my point being that the sangat label people as Sant, or shaheed.

gurfateh.