Wheguru je ka Khalsa Wheguru je ke Fateh

Julie Hambelton is an independent candidate in today's votes. Has no political party links.

She fighting a case for justice for the 21 for the Birmingham pub bombings. She has has very good relations with the Sikh community. I say vote for her. 

99152407_112093883846835_7793945515598544896_n.jpg

1080x360.jpeg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I suppose Bhagat Ravidas Ji's heart-wrenching lamentations about caste discrimination (which later became part of Gurbani) were just a figment of his imagination?
    • What do you propose we view them as when they become the enemy again ONLY because they were nursed back to health by our side? If we keep healing them and they return to reduce our numbers thanks to our demented efforts to please God knows who, what then? It's cloud cuckoo-land. Who fights a war to WIN with such a horribly confused philosophy hanging over their heads?   Too late for this now. My cynical self suspects this to be revisionisim to save face or rectify centuries of damaging parchaar that has had the opposite affect of what was intended. NOT ONE giani or kathavachak has EVER contextualised Bhai Kanaiya's escapades on the battlefield by discussing his martial prowess. The sakhi has always been employed as a tool to illustrate compassion and fairness. If we suddenly start hearing about how Bhai Sahib cut off Mughal limbs and heads one moment, and then provided water to dying Mughals a few minutes later, we'll become an even bigger laughing stock than we already are.
    • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9831797/Bradford-child-abuse-report-reveals-victim-raped-forced-Islamic-marriage.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top Social worker 'attended wedding of terrified girl, 15, to her abuser': Carers turned a blind eye when teenage grooming victim was forced into Islamic marriage, damning report reveals Independent review on child sexual exploitation was published on Tuesday The review was commissioned in the wake of the sentencing of nine men in 2019 It found social workers in Bradford had turned a blind eye to grooming victim  By JAMES TOZER FOR DAILY MAIL PUBLISHED: 19:47, 27 July 2021 | UPDATED: 01:39, 28 July 2021                       e-mail     8kshares 1.2k View comments   Social workers in Bradford turned a blind eye when a 15-year-old grooming victim took part in an Islamic marriage to one of her abusers, a damning report revealed yesterday. Despite the teenager not coming from a Muslim background, professionals meant to protect her then allowed the parents of her 'husband' to foster her after she became pregnant, it revealed. One of her social workers allegedly even attended the wedding ceremony. The terrified girl – referred to as 'Anna' – was left in a state of 'domestic slavery', too scared to leave the controlling relationship for fear she would be the victim of an honour killing, she told the report's authors. Details emerged yesterday in an independent report into the treatment of five abuse victims in the West Yorkshire city over the past two decades, which found that 'children suffered abuse no child should have to experience'.  Alarmingly, it concluded that some youngsters in Bradford 'remain unprotected' from sex exploitation.   +2   Social workers in Bradford turned a blind eye when a 15-year-old grooming victim took part in an Islamic marriage to one of her abusers, the damning report revealed yesterday (stock image) The report – described by the body which commissioned it as making 'difficult and, at times, distressing reading' – began two years ago after nine men of Pakistani heritage were jailed for more than 57 years over the sexual exploitation of girls who had been in Bradford Council's care. Anna was placed in residential care as a teenager in 2002 but went missing more than 70 times, according to the report. She disclosed details of sexual abuse – including rapes – to a confidential support service for girls involved in prostitution, but nothing was passed on to police or social workers. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Lumberjack, 24, doing his 'dream job' was crushed to death...Britain's biggest travel insurance provider stops offering... SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share The following year, aged 15, she told the project worker she had converted to Islam and married her older Asian 'boyfriend' in a Sharia law ceremony. The report said it appeared there had been 'collusion' with this by her social worker 'who allegedly attended the ceremony and assessed that her marriage was likely to reduce the risks incurred when Anna was missing'. Staggeringly, despite becoming pregnant, after a review Anna was formally placed with her abuser's parents as a foster child, with the family even paid a fostering allowance.   +2   The report began two years ago after nine men were jailed for more than 57 years over the sexual exploitation of girls who had been in Bradford Council's care. Pictured: Basharat Khaliq, Saeed Akhtar, Naveed Akhtar, Parvaze Ahmed, Zeeshan Ali, Fahim Iqbal, Izar Hussain, Mohammed Usman and Kieran Harris who were all jailed at Bradford Crown Court in 2019 Anna told the report's author: 'At 14 years old I was engaged to be married, taking on the role of an Islamic wife fulfilling the needs of my husband and the extended family somewhat like a maid. 'We had no similarities in race, religion or culture and I continued to be subject to domestic violence and was subject to a coercive, controlling sexual relationship with a known perpetrator. I was frightened to leave, in fear of an honour-based killing.' The report concluded: 'It is hard to understand how this decision can have been made and it resulted in Anna being entirely reliant on her abuser and his family.' Instead of protecting her from harm, the placement left her 'at greater risk and made her entirely dependent on them', it added. While there, she was subjected to 'domestic slavery' and 'sexually abused and exploited by dozens of adult males', it went on. The Bradford Partnership – which includes Bradford Council children's services and Bradford Police – has since apologised to young abuse victims who had been failed. It said a large number of defendants have been found guilty and given substantial prison sentences. The joint statement said: 'We believe that practice across all agencies is improving... but there is much more to do.'  
    • I don't think narcissism is on their increase per se  I think that narcissism was always there in people and all that has happened is the narcissism is now out in the open. It has been amplified.  Similar to how people who become rich become arrogant and obnoxious. Money did not change them, it just exposed them to show they really are.  We had social controls in society that shunned narcissist aspects so that it got buried. With social controls now being untangled it is no longer taboo and with social media (instagram and tiktok ) it has upscaled attention seeking and the narcissism. But with a overload of narcissism and attention seeking in society, I think what could happen is: 1. We could see narcissist insensitivity in that we will see people less bothered with the attention seeking 2. A backlash and swing in the pendulum 

Important Information

Terms of Use