• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, Teji_Singh said:

Journalists and NGO workers are all potential spies. 

Thats the key word right there, "spy".

With this technological age, it probably safe to assume that alot of this goes on. 

Spying and journalism probably should not go hand in hand. 

13 minutes ago, realist17 said:

With this technological age, it probably safe to assume that alot of this goes on. 

Spying and journalism probably should not go hand in hand. 

Veer ji, Bhen ji, I think journalists (and even those of other occupations) going abroad have always been potential spies. It's no more now because of any technological advance

Please clarify the last sentence - it's easy to do both , no ?

On 4/19/2023 at 7:34 AM, Teji_Singh said:

Veer ji, Bhen ji, I think journalists (and even those of other occupations) going abroad have always been potential spies. It's no more now because of any technological advance

Please clarify the last sentence - it's easy to do both , no ?

Let ask you. Do you want to live like Al Pacino from Scarface or do you want to be the police men that are spying on him?

24 minutes ago, realist17 said:

Let ask you. Do you want to live like Al Pacino from Scarface or do you want to be the police men that are spying on him?

You've lost me above 

Going back to the first post in this thread, I think fake news has always existed its just that folks are more aware to it now

2 hours ago, Teji_Singh said:

You've lost me above 

Going back to the first post in this thread, I think fake news has always existed its just that folks are more aware to it 

My apologies. Just saying living in the moment and not caring what others are doing is the best way to live...does not necessarily have to be like that character in Scarface.

Alot of journalists live up to the ethics when reporting for the public. Alot of them will get spied on when they enlighten the public with cold facts. 

When the Ghadar Party were writing their own newspaper the British use to send spies to their meetings to gather information. But it could've been very easy for the Party to make up stories about the British. 

And of course, with the advancement of technology these days its very easy to keep a eye on someone. 

We are probably a threat to this civilization b/c of our influence. This is actually a deep topic if you think about it. Look at the Sikhs that were accused of the Air India crash 185. Its something to learn from b/c to this day only one of them were found guilty and thats b/c he lied.