Amritdhari living

Guest Guest

On 8/15/2023 at 11:36 AM, Guest Guesti said:

It's written in gurbani that you must remember Vaheguru first,do Simran first, bath you soul first in Amritvela.

You're technically correct and yet you're misleading this new seeker.

Please don't try to pretend to be all holy and spiritual and that all these other hundreds of thousands of seekers who preceded you and have spiritual level that neither you nor I could dream of and yet followed the basic maryada of waking, bathing and meditating knew nothing.

The way in which you're technically right is that Guru ji advises the first thing to do, immediately after waking,  is to say the Gurumantar:

ਸਉਦੇ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਉਚਰਹਿ ਉਠਦੇ ਭੀ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰੇਨਿ ॥
Sleeping they utter Lord's glories and praises and awaking they say Wah. Guru Ram Dass ji, p312

The reason for this is you shouldn't be doing other stuff. Like checking your phone. Having conversations. Reading a wordly book, or whatever. The first thing you should do is remember God.

And if you do sangat of any serious spiritual seekers, they will tell you this. And they'll also tell you to then go do your bathroom processes and ishnaan.

The new seeker is advised to do exactly this, the way Sikh seekers have been doing it since the time of Guru Nanak ji. Not "first bathe soul" for a few hours, crusty from sleep. And then bathe? Sorry, that's crazy. And it's not maryada. And you don't love God any more because you think you can't be bothered to bathe before simran.

We're not bare souls. We're souls in a body. If you think we're bare souls, why do you even eat?

2) yeah it's better to keep the head covered while showering the body. And after you do kesi ishnaan you can put on a small light cloth above your head. Hair will dry though.  But it doesn't make sense to put the cloth directly on your head when the soap is washed out..like the cloth would get wet??.. you can dry your hair first with a towel .

Bro, it seems you've never done sangat of marayada following Singhs. What happened in our history is that a lot of people attached themselves to Sikhi who didn't have the opportunity to do such sangat and now they have to argue about "Where is it written".

As I wrote above, the cloth would get wet, that's the point, it's removing water from your hair. Afterwards, you tie a fresh small dastar.

3) soap in main parts and rest water is ok. 

Where in the world did you get that? Please, everyone, don't listen to "Guesti". Keep yourself clean, otherwise the Hindus & Muslims would be justified in calling Sikhs dirty.

4) no you don't have to wash your keys every single day. Maryada is to wash them at least twice a week.

No, it simply is not. There is no marayada about "twice a week". The maryada is daily kesi ishnaan. If you can't do that, whatever, do what you can. But don't make up a new maryada of "twice a week."

Vaheguru many many things you read are "own made maryade" there's nothing spiritual in them. 

No, it's not "own made maryada". The maryada of ishnaan follows from the earliest Sikh community of Kartarpur. That's what they (all did).

Read Bhai Gurdas ji's description of daily Sikh routine:

The Sikhs:

Woke before dawn
Bathed in a pool
Recited the Guru's recitation
Went to Sangat
Sang and listed to Gurbani
Met like-minded Sikhs
Celebrated Guru's purbs

You (or I) are not any better than those early Sikhs described by Bhai Gurdas ji.

there's nothing spiritual in them. 

You're wrong when you say, "there's nothing spiritual in them." Unfortunately, a lot of us fall into the pit of thinking "rules are arbitrary" and have nothing to do with spirituality.

Let me sketch it out for you. 

I have news for you: You can't find God alone.

Guru ji states again and again that God resides within Sadh Sangat: 

Question:
ਕਿਉ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥
How shall I meet my amiable Beloved, O my mother?

The answer is in the very next verse:
ਮਿਲਿ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਖੋਜੁ ਦਸਾਈ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਵਸੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Joining the society of saints, I inquire about the track to God. In the saints congregation, the Lord God abides. p94

God resides within Sangat.

The verses quoted prior make it clear that Sikhs 
are to go into Sangat to recite Gurbani.

You've contended that you're to sit for simran without bathing. Are you seriously contending that you are to go into Sangat without bathing? Or are you going to contend you have no need for Sangat?

If so, that's exactly the hankar (ego) that Guru ji warns against!

So much for trying to find God.

look at Gurbani.

Gurbani says to bpth bathe and do simran. They are not opposed to each other. See above.

Gurbani talks about plenty of worldy things that are necessary: For example, eating (moderately). Sleeping (moderately). Wearing clothes (moderately). Having a house. Having transportation. Being a family man.

These are because we are not merely souls. We are souls in bodies.

Vaheguru won't kick you off the panth if you don't follow every single rule from maryada.

A panth is a community of people on the same path. If you want to do whatever you personally want to do, you are, by definition, not on the panth. By your own choice.

Feel free to do whatever you want to do. Meanwhile, the Panth is doing exactly what Sikhs have done from the beginning: Remembering God while staying in the maryada.

sikhi is NOT about following every rule of maryada.

Actually, it is.

The main maryada is to remember God.

Its about to meet Vaheguru

See above. In no sense is waking up before dawn, bathing, and meditating opposed to meeting God!

Other maryada's include bans on idol-worship and other things. Do you really think you can meet God while indulging in anti-Sikh practices?

In addition, for the OP, you should know that "own-made maryada" as "Guesti" denigrates it, has the sanction of God:

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥
My devotee can release one bound by me, but I can release not one bound by my devotee. p1252

The saints can bind even God.

The five Singhs have the power of God:

ਇਕ ਸਿਖ ਦੁਇ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗ ਪੰਜੀ ਪਰਮੇਸ਼ੁਰ॥

One is a Sikh, two are Sadh Sangat, five are God (Vaar 13/9)

This maryada was made firm by Guru Gobind Singh ji in form of Panj Pyare.

This is no laughing matter.

For you to dismiss maryada as "own made rules" is a stunning display of ego towards the rest of the Panth, a Panth dedicated to nothing other than meeting God.