Quote - What You Think Of It?

sher_panjabi

Those of us who are behind in understanding the guru must endevour to not only catch up but also significantly advance themselves………… signs of  advancement are when organisation of religion is less important than the truth it propagates, when guards are less important than the treasures they are guarding, and finally, when prescription paper is less revered than the taking of medicine it prescribes.

Let us make these advances a great reality

I recorded this quote. I forgot where I got it from. Think it was a quote from a englishman in a book.

what u guys think of it?

Good quote, perfect timing! - Englishman... hmm seems to me that he no's a bit to the 5 evils(medicine), our Gurudwara's (org of religion) and Guru Granth Sahib ji (treasure)!

Virji... aajkal da zamanda te is totally opposite!!

An example of ur quote: Gurudwara and comittee rulazz

Democracy and Politicians

Why do we live in such a nasty society... it's all about competition(ego), showing that ur unique and have some sort of power that makes u different from the others!! Individualism... to be noticed, Position! Thats y everyone wanna show what they are capable of doing something better... (thats what im sorta doing right now) thats why we are competing like dogs with everyone now adays. This is life now adays!!

I might be one of those who are "behind in understanding", but I really don't see how anyone can change this pattern. I can't see how those "signs of advancement" are to be made.. Yes if ur a true GurSikh like u, but that's not the case with everyone, and seems quite impossible to make ppl think like real GurSikhs.

The question is can we stop this at all, and how? Can we make it possible to see any "signs of advancement"! How will he make these "advances a great reality"! Good luck to him... Although, as my motto says: "Be the change, U want to see"... the only way out of this is, that we integrate the authors or the Guru's words into ourselves...

It's a really excellent way of describing society in 5 lines!!