My Mind And Body Are Sad And Depressed

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 173

gauVI mwJ mhlw 4 ]gourree maajh mehalaa 4 ||

Gauree Maajh, Fourth Mehl:

mn mwhI mn mwhI myry goivMdw hir rMig rqw mn mwhI jIau ]

man maahee man maahee maerae govi(n)dhaa har ra(n)g rathaa man maahee jeeo ||

From within my mind, from within my mind, O my Lord of the Universe, I am imbued with the Love of the Lord, from within my mind.

hir rMgu nwil n lKIAY myry goivdw guru pUrw AlKu lKwhI jIau ]

har ra(n)g naal n lakheeai maerae govidhaa gur pooraa alakh lakhaahee jeeo ||

The Lord's Love is with me, but it cannot be seen, O my Lord of the Universe; the Perfect Guru has led me to see the unseen.

hir hir nwmu prgwisAw myry goivMdw sB dwld duK lih jwhI jIau ]

har har naam paragaasiaa maerae govi(n)dhaa sabh dhaaladh dhukh lehi jaahee jeeo ||

He has revealed the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O my Lord of the Universe; all poverty and pain have departed.

hir pdu aUqmu pwieAw myry goivMdw vfBwgI nwim smwhI jIau ]1]

har padh ootham paaeiaa maerae govi(n)dhaa vaddabhaagee naam samaahee jeeo ||1||

I have obtained the supreme status of the Lord, O my Lord of the Universe; by great good fortune, I am absorbed in the Naam. ||1||

nYxI myry ipAwirAw nYxI myry goivdw iknY hir pRBu ifTVw nYxI jIau ]

nainee maerae piaariaa nainee maerae govidhaa kinai har prabh ddit(h)arraa nainee jeeo ||

With his eyes, O my Beloved, with his eyes, O my Lord of the Universe - has anyone ever seen the Lord God with his eyes?

myrw mnu qnu bhuqu bYrwigAw myry goivMdw hir bwJhu Dn kumlYxI jIau ]

maeraa man than bahuth bairaagiaa maerae govi(n)dhaa har baajhahu dhhan kumalainee jeeo ||

My mind and body are sad and depressed, O my Lord of the Universe; without her Husband Lord, the soul-bride is withering away.

sMq jnw imil pwieAw myry goivdw myrw hir pRBu sjxu sYxI jIau ]

sa(n)th janaa mil paaeiaa maerae govidhaa maeraa har prabh sajan sainee jeeo ||

Meeting the Saints, O my Lord of the Universe, I have found my Lord God, my Companion, my Best Friend.

hir Awie imilAw jgjIvnu myry goivMdw mY suiK ivhwxI rYxI jIau ]2]

har aae miliaa jagajeevan maerae govi(n)dhaa mai sukh vihaanee rainee jeeo ||2||

The Lord, the Life of the World, has come to meet me, O my Lord of the Universe. The night of my life now passes in peace. ||2||

mY mylhu sMq myrw hir pRBu sjxu mY min qin BuK lgweIAw jIau ]

mai maelahu sa(n)th maeraa har prabh sajan mai man than bhukh lagaaeeaa jeeo ||

O Saints, unite me with my Lord God, my Best Friend; my mind and body are hungry for Him.

hau rih n skau ibnu dyKy myry pRIqm mY AMqir ibrhu hir lweIAw jIau ]

ho rehi n sako bin dhaekhae maerae preetham mai a(n)thar birahu har laaeeaa jeeo ||

I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved; deep within, I feel the pain of separation from the Lord.

hir rwieAw myrw sjxu ipAwrw guru myly myrw mnu jIvweIAw jIau ]

har raaeiaa maeraa sajan piaaraa gur maelae maeraa man jeevaaeeaa jeeo ||

The Sovereign Lord King is my Beloved, my Best Friend. Through the Guru, I have met Him, and my mind has been rejuvenated.

myrY min qin Awsw pUrIAw myry goivMdw hir imilAw min vwDweIAw jIau ]3]

maerai man than aasaa pooreeaa maerae govi(n)dhaa har miliaa man vaadhhaaeeaa jeeo ||3||

The hopes of my mind and body have been fulfilled, O my Lord of the Universe; meeting the Lord, my mind vibrates with joy. ||3||

vwrI myry goivMdw vwrI myry ipAwirAw hau quDu ivtiVAhu sd vwrI jIau ]

vaaree maerae govi(n)dhaa vaaree maerae piaariaa ho thudhh vittarriahu sadh vaaree jeeo ||

A sacrifice, O my Lord of the Universe, a sacrifice, O my Beloved; I am forever a sacrifice to You.

myrY min qin pRymu iprMm kw myry goivdw hir pUMjI rwKu hmwrI jIau ]

maerai man than praem pira(n)m kaa maerae govidhaa har poo(n)jee raakh hamaaree jeeo ||

My mind and body are filled with love for my Husband Lord; O my Lord of the Universe, please preserve my assets.

siqguru ivstu myil myry goivMdw hir myly kir rYbwrI jIau ]

sathigur visatt mael maerae govi(n)dhaa har maelae kar raibaaree jeeo ||

Unite me with the True Guru, Your Advisor, O my Lord of the Universe; through His guidance, He shall lead me to the Lord.

hir nwmu dieAw kir pwieAw myry goivMdw jn nwnku srix qumwrI jIau ]4]3]29]67]

har naam dhaeiaa kar paaeiaa maerae govi(n)dhaa jan naanak saran thumaaree jeeo ||4||3||29||67||

I have obtained the Lord's Name, by Your Mercy, O my Lord of the Universe; servant Nanak has entered Your Sanctuary. ||4||3||29||67||