Singhs 'n' Salons

Nama Singh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

khalsa fauji man, that's brave of you.. it would feel so weird for me to go into a salon and watch someone cut their kes and die it and everything. I wouldn't want to see that. Even if some of my friends may cut their hair, I wouldn't wanna tag along with them to the Barber shop lol to see them remove something off their bodies that's so precious to me, my ancestors, my khalsa family, my Guru ... Don't know if that makes sense. But wow

I recall going to a salon many years ago, girls used to go there to get their eyebrow hairs plucked out of their faces ( :@ @ ) and what not. Colour their hair with disgusting chemicals and all that. I went there with a few friends, I used to cut my hair as well so it was not a problem. It was about 5 pm and they had the Punjabi radio playing, and then boom, Rehraas Sahib came on. So the ladies were sitting there listening to Rehraas Sahib while having their hair ripped out by the roots, getting hair trims, streaking their hair, getting their nails done, etc. That's when I froze and I was like hey, this feels kind of wrong... Even the ladies working there were reciting some of the Bani while cutting peoples hair and waxing peoples legs and stuff :cool: My soul was telling me to get the heck out of their as fast as possible :umm:

So in my humble opinion, I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a place where kes is mutilated because I've grown to love kes more than anything and it would be weird to go somewhere where kes it being cut and stuff in front of your own eyes.

No one can really say if it's against rehat or not, sometimes we should just listen to your gut feeling.

p.s. you can buy salon brand conditioner and use it at home if you want your hair conditioned properly tongue.gif

Gurfateh!!

Actually Veer Ji, it hurts me seeing hair being cut, i seriously get a weird feeling go through my stomach. I've been bought up in an amritdhari family and never cut my hair or seen anyone do it, that was the 1st time and last time i went into a salon. I feel pain when i run my kangha through my hair every morning and see so much hair fall out.... I'm not even that old or even that stressed i stopped using a sly bout couple of years back because even that i noticed can cut away at hair.

But my mate was a goree and was really against her religion to get her hair cut coloured etc etc. and im a strong believer in Karam. So maybe she wasnt goin against Akaal Purukhs wish for her....and she wasnt being anti gurmat. So i just had to accept that.

Anyway before i start feeling all emotional for Kesh, just a reminder.... most of us are Sikhs on this forum and its anti gurmat to cut hair, also to show your hair in public..... which is what a salon is.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!