Ulterior Motive Of So-called Community Leaders

VahiGuruJiKaKhalsa,VahiGuruJiKiFateh!

Veer Gursa Singh Ji,

i couldn't agree more with EVERYTHING you say.

It is just sad that the majority of the people who get to have the say about how money will or will not be raised regarding Panthik Projects' do not have this level of thinking. i wish they did but they don't. Please understand that i too am totally opposed to money being raised via a 'dead animal dinner and alcohol' scenario.

It would have been nice if the restaurant said that for that evening, they would only serve vegetarian dishes and serve non-alocholic drinks...

To be honest, i am not sure whether money made from food/drinks will go to the Trust or whether just money 'pledged' during the evening by individuals will go to the Trust.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Jagroop Singh

No matter what, it means that in the name of Sikhi we have created an environment that promotes anti Sikh activities. Now it doesnt matter whether the monies collected are from donations or from drink/food. We will have turned our backs of what our Gurus taught us.

Basically, we need to get people drunk and fill their bellies with flesh in order for them to give a little bit of charity. Would Guruji accept their charity that has been collected in a way that is opposed in Sikhi?

Its Money coming before Gurmat. Guruji has become secondary and the primary important is a building. Thats all I can call it, if its supposed to be a Sikh School then Gurmat will always be put first by fundraisers.

Practice what you wish to preach. I think that sums it all up.

If we have faith in Guruji then we will not make excuses and try to cover up our shortcomings. Those who have faith in Guruji have created Gurdwaras, schools & hospitals within their lifetime and that from plots of lands within jungles. They stuck to Gurmat and the foundations of those institutes are strong for many years to come.

Bhai Tav Prasad Singh Ji,

i think that i've caused a misunderstanding here. That's because eventhough i agree with you 110%, it seems that you think i don't.

Veer Ji, i am sorry - let me clarify.

- i do not think that any such 'evenings' are needed to raise money for Siree Guru Sahib Ji's cause. Complete Visah/Bharosa/Faith in Siree Guru Sahib Ji would make all maya come begging at the door of this project.

- Personally, i would only feel that this event was respecting GurMat if this restaurant ALWAYS served vegetarian, non-alcoholic products and was a 100% non-smoking environment.Then i would say that them raising money via pledges would not be a bad thing...i am not sure if this is strictly GurMat so if others have thoughts please share.

- Also, i can't bear the thought of someone thinking i've taken Amrit when i haven't been belssed with such a gift, so i must tell you that i have not been given Amrit yet. i hope that Siree Guru Sahib Ji always continues to bless me with Sangat that takes me close to Him...and the day i am blessed with The Gift of Gifts.

Reflecting back over the posts i made, perhaps the comments that i made sounded as though i was 'chummy' with the Trust. The fact is that some Naujawan based in Slough have been contributing to the project, over the last several years, when we have felt it is progressing appropriately and we have distanced ourselves when we have felt it is progressing innappropriately.

As to the above event, for the record, i spoke to the Trust Chairman over the phone a few days ago and told him that:

- There was no need for this event despite the fact that money is 'taking longer to come-in' than anticipated

- The situation is being discussed on forums

- Ultimately, this event is anti-GurMat and the situation is simply sad.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Jagroop Singh

No matter what, it means that in the name of Sikhi we have created an environment that promotes anti Sikh activities. Now it doesnt matter whether the monies collected are from donations or from drink/food. We will have turned our backs of what our Gurus taught us.

Basically, we need to get people drunk and fill their bellies with flesh in order for them to give a little bit of charity. Would Guruji accept their charity that has been collected in a way that is opposed in Sikhi?

Its Money coming before Gurmat. Guruji has become secondary and the primary important is a building. Thats all I can call it, if its supposed to be a Sikh School then Gurmat will always be put first by fundraisers.

Practice what you wish to preach. I think that sums it all up.

If we have faith in Guruji then we will not make excuses and try to cover up our shortcomings. Those who have faith in Guruji have created Gurdwaras, schools & hospitals within their lifetime and that from plots of lands within jungles. They stuck to Gurmat and the foundations of those institutes are strong for many years to come.

89635[/snapback]

Its not a langar that they cannot serve meat. According to the SGPC Rehat Maryada Sikhs can eat jhatka. I personally do not eat meat but I do not force my view on others and condemn them for eating flesh.

I do have an issue with the alcohol and that is the issue you should be trying to address.