Gatka

gagan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

no, the shashter vidiya is more of a tradition that was around well before Guru ji's time, some ppl say it dates bk to Krishan Ji's time some 2000 years ago. Guru Hargobind Ji took this idea and used it as a basis for Gatka at that time. The shashter vidiya is the backbone and Gatka the skeleton, if u wanna put it in2 words.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I met Nihung Nadar Singh at a local camp. He taught us the basics of Shastar vidiya, and its history. According to him, shastar vidiya is the martial arts of sikhs and gatka is just a 'showmans' sport. Shastar vidiya is more than knowing shastars, its an art of fighting. He taught us stuff that had nothing to do with shasters, so the idea of shastar vidiya is just based on knowing shastar doesnt hold true. You can see this at <banned site filter activated>/htmls/index_2.html . But i can see where get that idea from, that was the same perception i had of it. :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Beware of people like nihang niddar singh. Beware of his website! This is some next guy! I think he is some hindustani agent or somthin. Or maybe he is just been takin a little tooo much shaeheedi degh ( marijuina in it). This guy is bad sangat. My advice is, go get some other ustad ( if he is your ustad). Dont communicate with this guy boycott him. Beware! gurbai says when you see people like niddar singh ( moorkhs, papis) it is wise not to go near them. In fact, go in the opposite direction theyre going. If you wanna talk to him then just do it to explain to him the stuff he does is wrong.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, waheguru je ke fateh!