Baisakhi/Vaisakhi

Princess

actually i lied, i hav more than one question :wub:: tricked u LOL.gif

k well

firs, which is the correct spelling ? Vaisakhi or Baisakhi, i always ask ppl, n sum say both r right, sum say one is for hindus and one is for us , so which one is it?

nex question, so at the nagar kirtins we see ppl tryin to promote their businesses by giving out flyers n what not, is that rite? ya my dads guilty of doin that as well, n wen we were kids, we'd b forced or bribed wit money to go out n hand them out

but ive noticed that most flyers jus get tossed around and city hall (in toronto nagar kirtins) ends up lookin like a dump, and its also a great waste of paper

also i noticed that no1 reli listens to those long speeches given by sum politician, r those reli necessary?

me for one am guilty of walkin 'round wit friends n not payin attention to wha they're sayin

also nagar kirtins hav become a place for the youth to go out n jus hang out n check out the opposite sex

how many times hav we gone to a nagar kirtin only to b hit on by 10 different guys in half hour?!?!?! (and GURLS hittin on guyz as well, mind u, not only guyz hittin on gurls) kick.gif

there shud b things to get youth involved n not jus let em roam around like its a place for them to hook up n get phone numbers cuz they're too bore from listenin to lengthy speeches from sum politician jus talkin bout how its good to see so many ppl show up blah blah blah <_<

jus few questions

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh :wub:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many times hav we gone to a nagar kirtin only to b hit on by 10 different guys in half hour?!?!?! (and GURLS hittin on guyz as well,

im telling you its always the girlllsss who start it, but there undercover about it, and the guys get booked red handedd!!! unlucky guys <_< @

This is one of my blog post of last year regarding my kinda local yuba city parade:

11-12-04 @ 02:40:56

So today i was checking the yuba city nagar kirtan pictures and noticed some major *Self Edited* issues..

what is Nagar kirtan?

keertan with sangat and then a parade without involving fights and bare heads.

These days.. what we see is more like punjabi parade rather than Sikh parade.. Thousands of ppls attend the parade but how many attend the keertan program a night before the jallus? Only few dozen...

I don't see the purpose of Yuba City parade as the sikh parade. What about the kids holding banner saying "Sikhs love America" and so on.. what the hell is that?? Of course we do love the country where we live.. but making that kinda statement in public is like fobish.. If we wanna prove that we love this country, then WE should VOTE and have our ppls in congress.. But i guess they choose easy way of just showing banners saying "Proud to be Americans" and so on. lol

fight.jpg

Thugs about to fight

huh.jpg

What this club has anything to do with SIkh Parade.. Okay let say they have some input but WHAT?? just a banner and matching clothes?

OR maybe im complaining a lot.. But anyway, i FOR ONE still love going to parades don't know why but i guess its how to stick with your culture and your community!

how many times hav we gone to a nagar kirtin only to b hit on by 10 different guys in half hour?!?!?! (and GURLS hittin on guyz as well,

im telling you its always the girlllsss who start it, but there undercover about it, and the guys get booked red handedd!!! unlucky guys <_< @

91108[/snapback]

always the GUYZ kick.gif

okay.. enuf of girls and boys hitting each other.. discuss what needed to bring change tongue.gif i wonder how cool it will be if we take hitting word literally  <_<

91110[/snapback]

lol then we'd hav a problem blush.gif

but good post

thas exactly wha i mean bout it bein more of a place to hang out these days

we need education

me especially cuz :wub::

maybe the youth can get together n do sumthin special that educates instead speeches

:TH:

91108[/snapback]

always the GUYZ kick.gif

91117[/snapback]

Muuuhahahhwhaha LOL.gif i hav a partner (my twin sis blush.gif ) to pick on Shaheed

im telling you its always the girlllsss who start it, but there undercover about it, and the guys get booked red handedd!!! unlucky guys :wub: @

91108[/snapback]

always the GUYZ kick.gif

91117[/snapback]

Muuuhahahhwhaha LOL.gif i hav a partner (my twin sis blush.gif ) to pick on Shaheed

91119[/snapback]

hehehehe <_< :wub: