True Story in Conneticut

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WAHEGURU SAMRATH... SAMRATH… SAMRATH are the words on the lips of the entire Sangat (congregation) of Connecticut and we would like to share our story with all Sikhs at-large.

We, a small group of Connecticut Sikh families, have been assembling for Kirtans (Prayers) and religious discourses since May 1996 on the second floor of a building we were renting at 220 Main Street, Ansonia, Connecticut. Everyone in our Sangat was enjoying our Gurdwara, we called The Guru Nanak Darbar. Our children were especially encouraged to assimilate the teachings of our Gurus and learn to practice the Sikh way of life.

Sadly, on Tuesday, October 20, 1998, our Gurdwara building suddenly caught fire. The fire, that is suspected to have started from malfunctioning of the heating system in the basement, quickly engulfed the whole building. The fire became so fierce that the firefighters from three adjoining towns were called in to fight the blaze. It took 32 hours of struggle by some one hundred firefighters to extinguish this stubborn fire. All three floors of the building collapsed and fell to the basement. It is estimated that 1.5 million- gallons of water were poured on the building to contain the fire.

The Connecticut Sangat lost their place of worship they called The Guru Nanak Darbar.

The members of our congregation, who helplessly watched the building burn down, were stricken with a deep sense of grief and restored to prayers and to ask for Waheguru's (Almighty God's) forgiveness. Some members were literally crying. There was no hope that they will ever be able to see Sri Guru Granth Sahib and other religious books that were in a small room where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji were reposed.

On Wednesday morning, the whole world saw that everything in the building was reduced to ashes except the small room where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji were reposed. Even Guru's Golak containing Sangat's humble contributions was safe. Furthermore, the Chandoa Sahib (the canopy over Guru's bed) was also intact and still inplace. The fire fighters and Mrs. Nancy Valentine, Mayor of Ansonia, respectfully passed our Scriptures and other artifacts to the President of our Association Hargurpreet Singh.

The mayor of Ansonia, the fire-fighters, the television and press reporters that were gathered at the site, all looked at the scene with total surprise and wonderment, some of them calling it a miracle. Who protected the Guru's room from the blazing fire that lasted so long? All these folks could only imagine the sense of joy and happiness that the congregation of the Connecticut Sikh Association felt when they got their Guru back. This incident has strengthened our faith (and especially our children's faith) in the Guru. Please share this with others.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

At times like this, Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj takes the heat of a fire on themselves... there is a Sakhi I shall post when I get home that relates to this...

Maharaj is soooo amazing, sooo amazing.. he never lets His children go without...

WOW

Thanks Paaaaaji!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

thaathee vaao n lagee paarabreham saranaaee ||

The hot wind does not even touch one who is under the Protection of the Supreme Lord God.

chougiradh hamaarai raam kaar dhukh lagai n bhaaee ||1||

On all four sides I am surrounded by the Lord's Circle of Protection; pain does not afflict me, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1||

sathigur pooraa bhaettiaa jin banath banaaee ||

I have met the Perfect True Guru, who has done this deed.

raam naam aoukhadhh dheeaa eaekaa liv laaee ||1|| rehaao ||

He has given me the medicine of the Lord's Name, and I enshrine love for the One Lord. ||1||Pause||

raakh leeeae thin rakhanehaar sabh biaadhh mittaaee ||

The Savior Lord has saved me, and eradicated all my sickness.

kahu naanak kirapaa bhee prabh bheae sehaaee ||2||15||79||

Says Nanak, God has showered me with His Mercy; He has become my help and support. ||2||15||79||

:):) :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguru > I am Speechless reading This... <

Awwwww ma Guru ji was ok durin the fire... :)

may Guru ji bless the sangat there...

Waheguru Je Ka Khalsaaaa

Waheguru Je Ke Fateh

this is soooooooooooooo inspirin for those who have not much faith in Guru ji and need true stories like these to wake them up and realise that Waheguru actually exists.. if u kinda no kinda wa kinda i kinda mean...

Waheguroo!!!!

:)pray.gif

Guru Maharaj is Great!!! This is a Miracle. And i have heard a similar miracle in Delhi as well. Also there many more true stories where Guruji's kirpa has blessed us all. All these experiences strenghtens our faith in our beloved Guru Maharaj.

Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru....