How to bow...

Guest SScom

FATEH JI

I read form Sant Niranjan Singh Ji's Book, that by matha tekking u r reversing ur karams. Lyk a stamp, it is 1 way ont he actual stamp and wen u stamp it on a paper, the image stamped is opposite to the 1 actally on the stamp. Same wid ur paaps on ur forehead. Therefore, touch the floor wid ur forehead! alsao the views my fellow khalsa jis gave are fab respect.gif Keep it up ji :)

FATEH!

WJKK WJKF

AMg 256

ang 256

Page 256

sloku ]sulok

Shalok:

fMfauiq bMdn Aink bwr srb klw smrQ ]

ddunddouth bundhun anik baar surub kulaa sumuruth

I bow down, and fall to the ground in humble adoration, countless times, to the All-powerful Lord, who possesses all powers.

foln qy rwKhu pRBU nwnk dy kir hQ ]1]

ddolun thae raakhuhu prubhoo naanuk dhae kar huth

Please protect me, and save me from wandering, God. Reach out and give Nanak Your Hand. ||1||

There are many ways you can matha taek in front of guru sahib. All is through pyaar. Yes there are some written ways that taksali_singh has outlined... but we can get many answers from bani to like this one. I have seen many singhs do this (when you lay flat on the ground in front of guru sahib on ur stomacha and parnaam/matha taek). There is no right or wrong way, any way you do is you are GIVING YOUR HEAD and your doing it out of pyaar. The more we say how we have to do certain things this way is we are changing it to a realistic form WHICH IS WRONG.

The basic objective of matha taekin is giving your head to the guru ... if you know this and know what it means to give your head... than thats all you need... guru ji will than embrass u for sure...

bhul chuk maph