Share your pictures

Sinner

i saw the picture in the saroop with nym very own eyes at hazoor sahib
that doesn't prove Guru Ji drew it. somebody could've done it later on.
thas y this picture is so famous at nanaksar kelara

baba ishar singh je put the pictures up at nanaksar and baba je said that guru nanak dev jes picture should be in every house

theyw ernt sayin do pooja of it, but when we see it we get inspired

w think of our guru je

and it is the same picture that led nanksar on the path of manmat. moreover they have pics of Baba Ishar Singh now which according to them goes to sleep at night, wakes up in the morning and kachera parna is placed by th epicture because sant ji needs these things to do ishnaan. no picture inspired any sant. it is the message of Guru Ji that needs to be in every house.

is sant baba gurbachan singh je wrong to say that there is a picture that is 90% like that of guru gobind singh je at hazoor sahib, i cant remeber if sant je drew it themselves, i thinkt hey described it to an artist and said its 90 percent true, the paining is at hazoor sahib today

was this moorthee pooja

is sant je a hindu?

I am not a sant follower. if any gursikh did something anti-gurmat then I say it is wrong. I don't care how great or chardee kala gursikh he is/was wrong thing is always wrong no matter who does it. why didn't Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji have an artist draw the picture? maybe taksal should start offering painting classes so students can draw cool pictures of Guru Sahibans and get inspired. Guru Sahib never drew his own pictures. there is no single source that can prove it wrong. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

post-1107-1114976253.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akaal108

Bijla Singh what is your defination of Gurmat? (please provide references from gurbani, rehit maryada's)

Also how would u define according to your interpertation gurbani when it says:

Gur Ki Murat Man Mein Dhyaan

Gur ka shabad mantar mann maan ||

According to steeks of siri guroo granth sahib ji.

1st verse is very beginning stage and final intial stage is- Gur Ka Shabad Mantar Man man in naam simran.

Loads of sants (ie - nanaksar, rara sahib, harkhowaley, hoti mardan, reru sahib) recommend a jaagasoo(begineer) in naam simran marg - to do upasana of a picture either in form of guru ji either picture or akhars or even barat upasana( bringing whole creation in dhyan) while reciting vahiguroo jaap..this is only done because so begineers can concentrate better to reach uper mandli (stages) of naam simran.

if you think that's murti pooja..ok..then let just say someone is bringin vahiguroo in akhar form their mind while doing simran... what do you think that is?? that is morat as well...

Live and let live..nothing is manmaat when someone is deciding to use different techniques to get better concentration to reach close to vahiguroo..

I think modern days sikhs will spent their whole life ..deciding what is gurmat and deciding what is manmat and off course anti-pantik?? i mean come on..don't you guys have nothing else to do.... i hear less naam of vahiguroo on forums than gurmat, manmat, rss, anti-panthic etc....

it's like the same stupid debate over mool mantar...as gyani thakur singh ji put it .. debate ta karri jandaie neh but japda mool mantar nuoii koi nahi...eh haal aa sada brava...

bringing morat actually works for load of people in first stages..by doing that they went further by guru's grace for ultimate goal- "Shabad Surat Marg" [upasana Of Nirankar using shabad dhun]

over and out !

all i ask is that we post our pictures of all or any individual Gurus.

Just share your pictures of our Gurus, and chill out ppl!

sorry if you don't like it but I really don't see the point of sharing pictures. why not share the message of Guru Ji which in true sense is our Guru. I only object to when people say this pic was drwan by Guru Ji and this so called sant said this.

Guru Ji defines Gurmat only in one way and I only follow it. I don't have my own interpretations like many sants today. Moorat of Guru Ji is Shabad. A person is supposed to concentrate on the dhunni of shabad or meanings of the shabad not a picture. I don't know what steek you are using but Moorat of Guru Ji is only Shabad because Guru is Shabad. Guru is not a physical body or a picture.

Loads of sants (ie - nanaksar, rara sahib, harkhowaley, hoti mardan, reru sahib) recommend a jaagasoo(begineer) in naam simran marg - to do upasana of a picture either in form of guru ji either picture or akhars or even barkat upasana( bringing whole creation in dhyan) while reciting vahiguroo jaap..
concentrating on a picture while doing simran is manmat unless you can prove me wrong by giving some Gurbani quotes. Anand Sahib clearly explains whether we should concentrate on pictures or real form of Guru which is shabad.
I think modern days sikhs will spent their whole life ..deciding what is gurmat and deciding what is manmat

they should stop following the sants/bhai sahibs and start doing some veechar on Gurbani. otherwise, their baba is never wrong which causes conflicts. Sikhs are supposed to follow the same path all the gursikhs followed i.e. Guru Ka Marag not "sant ka marag".

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest Akaal108
all i ask is that we post our pictures of all or any individual Gurus.

Just share your pictures of our Gurus, and chill out ppl!

sorry if you don't like it but I really don't see the point of sharing pictures. why not share the message of Guru Ji which in true sense is our Guru. I only object to when people say this pic was drwan by Guru Ji and this so called sant said this.

Guru Ji defines Gurmat only in one way and I only follow it. I don't have my own interpretations like many sants today. Moorat of Guru Ji is Shabad. A person is supposed to concentrate on the dhunni of shabad or meanings of the shabad not a picture. I don't know what steek you are using but Moorat of Guru Ji is only Shabad because Guru is Shabad. Guru is not a physical body or a picture.
Loads of sants (ie - nanaksar, rara sahib, harkhowaley, hoti mardan, reru sahib) recommend a jaagasoo(begineer) in naam simran marg - to do upasana of a picture either in form of guru ji either picture or akhars or even barkat upasana( bringing whole creation in dhyan) while reciting vahiguroo jaap..

concentrating on a picture while doing simran is manmat unless you can prove me wrong by giving some Gurbani quotes. Anand Sahib clearly explains whether we should concentrate on pictures or real form of Guru which is shabad.

I think modern days sikhs will spent their whole life ..deciding what is gurmat and deciding what is manmat
they should stop following the sants/bhai sahibs and start doing some veechar on Gurbani. otherwise, their baba is never wrong which causes conflicts. Sikhs are supposed to follow the same path all the gursikhs followed i.e. Guru Ka Marag not "sant ka marag".

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

96711[/snapback]

were you person who was moaning about how disunited our panth is before. if i recall correctly you made huge post on sikhsangat on this ??

well well mr bijla singh.. it's the attitude that you hold along with many modern day sikhs who wouldn't work for unity in the panth instead of you make mockery of sampardha's and sants ways..everything they do it's within gurmat.. it just we don't expect you to see it or understand it because you follow modern day sikhi same ideology as sgpc, missionary, akj (there is only one way to akaal purkh, one interpertations of gurbani, one way of meditation )...you don't see diversity in sikhi neither you apperciate diversity because the environment your thinking bought up with is- simply do and don't's/ manmat/gurmat, panthik/antipanthik... you never were taught about grey area nor you are making effort to learn it.

this post is not a attack but observation and besides if it was attack .. it would be blunt .. sikh of siri guroo gobind singh ji is not scare of this duniya.

btw, i agree person should be following dhuni of shabad .. like this- vahiiiiiiiiiii gurooooooooooooo...but that's upper stages i m merely stating at beginning since loads of people can't follow dhuni obviously they don't have kirpa of satguru yet like you have it.. they bring guru ji's saroop in dhyan or vahiguroo creation in the dhyan as i mentioned earlier that is called- guru morat upasana either in form of picture or in akhar, and 2nd one is barat upasana- bringing whole creation of akaal purkh ie- seeing light in every being (from person/place you hate the most and move onwards).

were you person who was moaning about how disunited our panth is before. if i recall correctly you made huge post on sikhsangat on this ??
panth is not united because baba/sant/bhai sahib is never wrong. I still support getting rid of all groups and it will happen whether you like it or not.
well well mr bijla singh.. it's the attitude that you hold along with many modern day sikhs who wouldn't work for unity in the panth instead of you make mockery of sampardha's and sants ways..everything they do it's within gurmat..

I mock the way people follow other gursikhs blindly. For me there are no physical sants but my elder gursikh brothers. They reached the avastha of sant by following Guru Ji so I rather follow Guru Ji and listen to Gurbani than any sant. I want to walk along with my brothers not behind them. Gursikhs follow gurmat but their chelas don't. tell me which sant concentrated on picture?

you never were taught about grey area nor you are making effort to learn it

In Sikhi it is either Guru's way or your own way. Guru Ji described everything so there is no gray area. Sikhi is all colorful, the path of Guru Ji. I am taught to think and then follow. I am certainly not taught to follow any gursikh of high avastha. When it comes to Sikhi it is only Guru's way. You gave no Gurbani quotes to prove your point of using pictures. From my posts you can see that I am not against having pictures but against using them in Naam Simran. They help no one on the path of Sikhi. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest Akaal108

alright that's it mate... i m off in this debate.. good luck to you bringin unity in the panth by destroying sampardha's(lineages) which were created by guru themselves...

I already gave you references from gurbani- Gur Ki Morat Mann Mein Dhyan... it's a matter of interpertation now...some people take that tuk as shabad and bring shabad morat in to dhyan and some people bring guru's photo(saroop) in dhyan to reach upper levels... real simran is with dhuni no doubt... no one is denying that but to get to that level one needs to gur ki morat either - shabad akhar form /guru saroop form or bairat upsana form.. you decide... it's all individual choice...it's not always my way or highway.. if bringing shabad akhar forms helps in your case that does not mean it will help in everone's case...so one suggestion- live and let live.

everything is in hakum.. you, me, this universe..it's a human nature that whatever he/she wants ..he/she wants it to happen.. but hakum of nirankar does not hold to individual's desire or ideaology, beleifs.

Sants as nit avtars/karaks will come in this world for human benefit until this whole universe ends... neither you or me can't stop them coming... sants will also create future dera/asharam to spread sikhi of guru nanak dev nirankar...again neither you or me can stop that because they are send by nirankar themselves.. they don't need your support or my support ... only support they need is guru maharaj da support and gurparasad.

whatever you do .. just don't end up like that arashi gyani on tapoban who dreams of burning sants and their dera's even in his dreams..lol.

GuruFateh.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!

First of all, Admin Jee, whats the deal with allowing users here to slate comments about memebers from other forums?

Secondly, how can you actually relate a painting to the image of VAHEGUROO? I agree 100% with Bilja Jee, the Moorat and only Moorat we should concentrate on is Shabad Guru. Guru Sahib Jee clearly says:

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee a(n)mrith saarae ||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained

Guru Raam Daas Jee

Ang 982

Within Bani, Ambrosial Nectar(Naam) is contained, so why the need to look at pictures for concentration or to reach a higher level?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!