SSP - SikhSangat Press Release

Sewadar

This month is dedicated to Parents & Respect by Manvir Singh Khalsa

parentskids.jpg

In Guru Nanak’s house, seva, selfless service, has been given a high status. Until we make our selves pure and clean inside, only then will Naam (the nectar of Waheguroo’s name) reside in our body.In accordance to the Guru’s Maryada, tradition, the seva of our parents has been given high recognition and status. If we do not serve our parents and do their seva, selfless service, then the seva we do at the Gurdwara is not accepted, according to Guru Ji.more...

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

but wat if it is blatent that the parent is rng in wat he/she is doing? wat then? awful things the parent is inflictin on the children, r they 4given? is the child still to kiss their feet?

wjkk wjkf

but wat if it is blatent that the parent is rng in wat he/she is doing? wat then? awful things the parent is inflictin on the children, r they 4given? is the child still to kiss their feet?

97577[/snapback]

good question

im sorry i can't answer it!

i guess most our parents can be difficult at times because they still hold onto that old school Punjabi mentality, when you get older it may beceome easier to talk and negotiate and sort things out properly because then they see you for your own person

but Manvir Singh ji - a great read!! learnt so much!!! :):) :cool:

Guru Nanak Sahib ji's father didn't want him to do sewa.... what did Guru ji do?

He listened to His True Father - Akaal Purkh and humbly listened to his father but rather than get angry he showed calmness yet steadfastness in his stand for Gurmat.

No compromise in Gurmat -- but u can still show respect to parents by not swearing at them, showing anger and shouting at them (easier sed than done when u feel ur parents are preventing u from guru ji's path)

i am a moorakh -- these are my thoughts

bhul chuk maaf