KPS Gill was only doing his duty?

From the following site:

http://www.jattworld.com/exoops/modules/ne...id=1952&forum=1

where that well known anti-Sikh figure Johal Jatt stated:

KPS Gill was just doing his duty. He ended terrorism in Punjab and brought peace to the region. He is still a JattSikh despite the allegations by the Khalistanis

So My question:

1) Was KPS Gill just doing his duty?

2) Do the ends justify the means i.e. torture and muder to bring peace into Punjab?

3) Is Johal Jatt a pro-Indian Government Agent? :doh:

hahaha, well although i have come from a "jatt" family, but not really into cast, i just have to say one thing for these people who call goats (get it.."put jatan di balondi bakri")

PEASENTS!

ah well, you do get the odd backward peasents who call goats...and of course watered down most of the sikh dharam thanks to them, bringing land feud poltics into the gurdwara.

anyway, back to this...

1) Was KPS Gill just doing his duty?
killing so many people is his duty? excuse me, KPS gill's job was of course to protect law and order, how does he justify killing people, not to mention knocking off paags of others, how does he justify that as "just doing my job?"

not a good excuse, many people have said the same, but never justifies the actions.

2) Do the ends justify the means i.e. torture and muder to bring peace into Punjab?

of course not! how has it brought peace to punjab? you still have robberies and killings in punjab either way. and thats mainly down to the BJP/RSS fanatics. bit like the "kalay kachai wale" did anyone stop them?

3) Is Johal Jatt a pro-Indian Government Agent?

hey i said alot of things on this site that some people would call me a congressy sarkar (manmohan singh doing matha theek as a classic example) doesnt make me a congressy does it?

but we do know he is a backward peasent! :doh:

gustaphi maaf

hahaha, well although i have come from a "jatt" family, but not really into cast, i just have to say one thing for these people who call goats (get it.."put jatan di balondi bakri")

PEASENTS!

ah well, you do get the odd backward peasents who call goats...and of course watered down most of the sikh dharam thanks to them, bringing land feud poltics into the gurdwara.

100587[/snapback]

Hi Kandola........some interesting comments BUT don't lets throw the baby out with the bath water.............

for every one trator like KPS Gill there are hundreds of Sikhs from Jatt backgrounds who have laid down their lives for Sikhism..........they are the backbone of Sikhism..........

So for every one who has watered it down there are hundreds who have not........lets not forget that and not make these disparaging remarks about Jatts.........

Nutter like this johal would love people to say that so he can call us all Jatt-Haters and call divisions amongst Sikhs..........

lets not go there.......

However You have pointed out excently some of the things that people justify in the name of duty.......... grin.gif

for every one trator like KPS Gill there are hundreds of Sikhs from Jatt backgrounds who have laid down their lives for Sikhism..........they are the backbone of Sikhism..........
working wise, hands down ji thats true, but i said this as a remark against caste...not to the hardworking people but in fact aaj kal di people who say they are jatt, but not actually the hard working jatt their ancestors were many years ago.

every hardworking sikh has contributed in some way to the sikh dharam, in world war one, harnam singh a turkhan sikh did something legendary (i cant remember, i saw a sketch of the guy and that was it)

So for every one who has watered it down there are hundreds who have not........lets not forget that and not make these disparaging remarks about Jatts.........

again, remark against people who dont actually work as that occupation and now use it as a caste to say they are better than others.

Nutter like this johal would love people to say that so he can call us all Jatt-Haters and call divisions amongst Sikhs..........

leh leh, johal kera khaat ya :doh:

the labour sarkaar is right, we should not go this way. only another war would be started.

sangato, if i have offended, please forgive me.

gustaphi maaf

Sat Sri Akal:

As a police officer, you are bound by ethics as well as a code of duty that you are to adhere to. Obeying direct orders is all good, but obeying them within the parameters of the professional ethics is supremely important.

saddam Hussein was just doing his duty, and so were all the Nazi officers who were convicted of war crimes after WWII. If your duty involves mass murder, then I think common sense should tell you something. Our people are very thick, very thick, many of our people think this way, it is so irrational. Duty, Duty, our people have been brainwashed to think that their duty is to fight for Hindustan, rather than fight for Sikhi and the Quam.

saddam Hussein was just doing his duty, and so were all the Nazi officers who were convicted of war crimes after WWII.  If your duty involves mass murder, then I think common sense should tell you something.  Our people are very thick, very thick, many of our people think this way, it is so irrational.  Duty, Duty, our people have been brainwashed to think that their duty is to fight for Hindustan, rather than fight for Sikhi and the Quam.

101323[/snapback]

:doh:

PRECISELY- mass-murder "because we were ordered to do so" or"we had no choice" "we were doing our job" are NOT justifyable. These were precisely the lines also used by Nazi officers at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials and they were rejected. If Slobodan Milosevic & other such murderers were arrested on war crimes then surely Gill siyo deserves punishment no matter when or where