Soho Road Jatha to destroy another Gurdwara ?

kurtas

Khalsa Fauji

The person who got the UNESCO award did raise the matter at the time but as with everone else who raised concerned the Soho Road Jatha ignored them and even now Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh denies his project caused damage. Well why not commission a report to prove his case before it is too late.

The issue has been rasied with Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji by various people but it is like speaking to a brick wall.

As for employing people with no sources of income. Would you employ an unemployed car mechanic to build you a house ? I think not. Likewise you cannot employ and tom <admin-profanity filter activated> or harry to do a restoration project unsupervised. If they had been supervised by professionals then perhaps they could do some work as was the case when the UNESCO award winner did when she worked on the Guru Ka Maseet restoration.

Panth Da Nimana Nitana Sevadar,

I have nowhere stated I am an expert and I do not claim to be one, however I have attended seminars etc about conservation/restoration projects so whilst not an expert I do UNDERSTAND that such projects require expertise which Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh did not have and did not seek to get even when it was rasied as an issue.

As for the Darshani Deori, perhaps you could go into detail about how it was going to collapse and what was done to save it or is being done. Perhaps some kind hearted Jatha from the UK can then raise a lot of money to knock it down and replace it with a brand new bubble type building like that department store at the Bullring.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why not commission a report to prove his case before it is too late.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject but can’t someone else ‘commission a report’? I ask this as there is so much concern regarding the whole restoration project, is it not possible to take the required action independently?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject but can’t someone else ‘commission a report’? I ask this as there is so much concern regarding the whole restoration project, is it not possible to take the required action independently?

104970[/snapback]

Please do not apologise it is good to see people taking an interest in maintaining our heritage

Anyone could commission a report, but experts have criticised the Soho Road plating anyway so perhaps it is best they commission a report so they are forced to take action. Otherwise they just going to do what they have been doing over the years and deny the reports findings.

Khalsa Fauji

The person who got the UNESCO award did raise the matter at the time but as with everone else who raised concerned the Soho Road Jatha ignored them and even now Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh denies his project caused damage. Well why not commission a report to prove his case before it is too late.

The issue has been rasied with Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji by various people but it is like speaking to a brick wall.

As for employing people with no sources of income. Would you employ an unemployed  car mechanic to build you a house ? I think not. Likewise you cannot employ and tom <admin-profanity filter activated> or harry to do a restoration project unsupervised. If they had been supervised by professionals then perhaps they could do some work as was the case when the UNESCO award winner did when she worked on the Guru Ka Maseet restoration.

Panth Da Nimana Nitana Sevadar,

I have nowhere stated I am an expert and I do not claim to be one, however I have attended seminars etc about conservation/restoration projects so whilst not an expert I do UNDERSTAND that such projects require expertise which Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh did not have and did not seek to get even when it was rasied as an issue.

As for the Darshani Deori, perhaps you could go into detail about how it was going to collapse and what was done to save it or is being done. Perhaps some kind hearted Jatha from the UK can then raise a lot of money to  knock it down and replace it with a brand new bubble type building like that department store at the Bullring.

104949[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Veer Ji, i can not answer for Bhai Sahib Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji, but what i can say is over the space of 10 years not once has it felt like talking to a brick wall.

Those artisans who did do the seva, for specially qualified for each individual job they were carrying out, from those who did the frescos to those who beat the copper plates.

If you think Bhai Sahib Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji did not seek guidance from professional, then you have been completely misinformed.

What you must realise veer ji, is that there will always be room for criticism there will always be those who believe another method is the right one. That applies to every aspect of life.

Another thing society tends to do is look in hindsight. There will always be those who will say a better job could have been done. But as everyday passes, information increases. the variety techiniques increase, so there will always be a more effective way.

If everyone totally believes what has been done was wrong, then why don't you knock it down and start again, as those SGPC people did all those many years ago!!

Kurtas veer ji, you started a thread called 'soho road jatha to destroy another gurudwara?' thats your own opinion, if i was you i would not make such accusations on the internet, why don't you go down there and tell them what you think and why you think it and how it can be improved. Thats how we are going to achieve unity as a Panth not by just stirring up issues on the internet.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

:doh: Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!! :doh:

I agree 100% with "Khalsa Fauji"!!!

Kurtas and the others alike - I hope you understand one day and manage to appreciate the amount of sewa Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji and the Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha have done, are doing and will do for the Sikh Panth on an international level!!!

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PAPERS!!! - THERE ARE MANY CRITICS OUT THERE TRYING TO SPREAD HATRED IN GURU GOBIND SINGH JI'S KHALSA PANTH!!!

Bhull Chuk Maarf Karni Sangat Ji!

104970[/snapback]

Please do not apologise it is good to see people taking an interest in maintaining our heritage

Anyone could commission a report, but experts have criticised the Soho Road plating anyway so perhaps it is best they commission a report so they are forced to take action. Otherwise they just going to do what they have been doing over the years and deny the reports findings.

104987[/snapback]

Oh rite, I see where you’re coming from but considering you said,

‘The issue has been raised with Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji by various people but it is like speaking to a brick wall.’

Would it not be viable to have a report commissioned (independently) just so that there is solid evidence for people who don’t accept that the job done is detrimental to the building.

If there is independent evidence that shows that changes need to be made before irreversible damage takes place, it may help get the attention that’s required (both public and of those who carried out the work).

If there is no direct evidence to suggest there is anything wrong, the criticism the work is receiving may be perceived as trivial and unfounded information.

I agree 100% with "Khalsa Fauji"!!!

Kurtas and the others alike - I hope you understand one day and manage to appreciate the amount of sewa Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji and the Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha have done, are doing and will do for the Sikh Panth on an international level!!!

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PAPERS!!! - THERE ARE MANY CRITICS OUT THERE TRYING TO SPREAD HATRED IN GURU GOBIND SINGH JI'S KHALSA PANTH!!!

Bhull Chuk Maarf Karni Sangat Ji!

105029[/snapback]

Well is it not time they acted acordingly and ordered a review of the gold plating job. Enough independent experts have raised doubts about the quality of the work and the long term effects it will have on the structure of the Harmandir Sahib.

Kar seva wale do a lot of seva, but when you start destroying heritage it is not seva but blatent misguided destruction.

So is any1 else here taking up the task? Or any other organisation offering to do this sewa?

Problem is, theres always critics who mouth off but none who are going to back up their words with actions. You think they doing a bad job? Go see the guys at Soho Road or woteva and get a statement from them, publish it on this thread word for word, and lets discuss this fairly.

Soho Road Gurdwara is wicked. The newish one in Africa is.. amazing. Amazing architecture and structure. So to believe you guys sayin they bodging up jobs on Gurdwaras in india... it dont make sense. Not sayin y'all wrong, but you gorra back up your claims a bit more strongly than u have and i would like to here gnnsj's response to this.

So is any1 else here taking up the task? Or any other organisation offering to do this sewa?

Problem is, theres always critics who mouth off but none who are going to back up their words with actions. You think they doing a bad job? Go see the guys at Soho Road or woteva and get a statement from them, publish it on this thread word for word, and lets discuss this fairly.

Soho Road Gurdwara is wicked. The newish one in Africa is.. amazing. Amazing architecture and structure. So to believe you guys sayin they bodging up jobs on Gurdwaras in india... it dont make sense. Not sayin y'all wrong, but you gorra back up your claims a bit more strongly than u have and i would like to here gnnsj's response to this.

105121[/snapback]

I have emailed them but no response.

Harmandir Sahib is not a new Gurdwara like the other ones the Soho Road Jatha have worked on. It required restoration which they have no experience of. They rasied money from the Sikh quam to do the job and the Sikh quam trusted them to do a proper job. The work is shoddy so it will have to be them that put it right.