Sikhism in Hindi films/ Dramas/ Soaps

Guest Sukhjeet Panesar

Guest Sukhjeet Panesar

VJKK, VJKF

Today I was at my Masi's house and they have Zee TV, and I saw a programme on their (dont know what it's called, as I dont have Zee TV at home) and they had a family, which was Sikh, then this hindu actress had just got up without having a bath or anything she went up to Guru Nanak Dev Ji's picture (without her head covered) Then she put on Vaheguru Simran, once again with no Chuni no covering of the head.

This situation may feel minor, BUT it's not the first time I've seen this. Even in Hindi films they have Sikh Sardars and take the proper piss out of them, as most of the time the Sardars play a role of jokers or they get bashed about, very rare they play a decent role. It puts across the image that the sardars are jokers. WHY?

Then on the internet they have so stupid jokes about sardars. I dont find this right, isnt there a way to stop this from happening?

Does anyone else agree with me or am I just the only one with these feelings?

VJKK, VJKF

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry buddies

sikhiism/khalsa panth is a diamond

imagine a donkey is hungary u keep 2 packets in front of donkey

one containing gold , another carrying grass

of course donkey will choose grass not gold

foolish donkey doesn't know tht the gold packet can buy him as much as grass he requires

same WAY WE THE diamonds cannot be priced byTHESE fools of TELEVISION JUST IGNORE IT.

AND CHANT WAHEGUROO DAY AND NIGHT pray.gif

GOD BLESS !

WJKKWJKF

Even the films which have sikh characters play a "brave" role,there are dirty tricks played by the directors.Example

Movie Gaddar

1.Over emphasis of jatt jatt,sikh word never used

2.sunny deol converts to islam for love of muslim girl but becomes mad when he is asked to say hindustan murdabad(what a distortion of sikhism in which 7 and 9 year old sahibzadis gave up the pleasures of this world and did not convert to islam)

3.sunny deol in a fight scene hits a Nihang Sikh and the Nihang sikhs goes flying in the air.

Movie Border

1.Non sikhs like akhsay khanna and sunil shetty get major roles(to show hindus always fight along side sikhs against common enemy pakistan) where in reality it was all in all a sikh regiment.THe director acknowledged he had to put these characters for the movie to be popular throughout the country.He had told earlier that he is making a real life story.

2.Sunny deol playing a sardar abusing and bashing muslims(trying to create hatred between sikhs and muslims).

Unfortunately these movies were greatly appreciated by sikhs(just tells us how brainwashed some of the sikhs have become in india and elsewhere too)

Khalistan Zindabad

Even the films which have sikh characters play a "brave" role,there are dirty tricks played by the directors.Example

Movie Gaddar

1.Over emphasis of jatt jatt,sikh word never used

2.sunny deol converts to islam for love of muslim girl but becomes mad when he is asked to say hindustan murdabad(what a distortion of sikhism in which 7 and 9 year old sahibzadis gave up the pleasures of this world and did not convert to islam)

3.sunny deol in a fight scene hits a Nihang Sikh and  the Nihang sikhs goes flying in the air.

Movie Border

1.Non sikhs like akhsay khanna and sunil shetty get major roles(to show hindus always fight along side sikhs against common enemy pakistan) where in reality it was all in all a sikh regiment.THe director acknowledged he had to put these characters for the movie to be popular throughout the country.He had told earlier that he is making a real life story.

2.Sunny deol playing a sardar abusing and bashing muslims(trying to create hatred between sikhs and muslims).

Unfortunately these movies were greatly appreciated by sikhs(just tells us how brainwashed some of the sikhs have become in india and elsewhere too)

Khalistan Zindabad

110403[/snapback]

I undastand wa u sayn but da fing iz das only a cuple ov filmz, even i agree in cuple ov filmz sikhs r given major roles n etc...but in sum filmz sikhi's bein made in2 a joke. E.g. Jo bole soh Nihaal. Now Sunny Deol bein a Sikh imself had stared in dis film, i duno if itz tru but he had produced this film azwel. Now y shud our Jaikara b used wen da film iz full ov CRAP. Filmz r stil ok i gues but itz mainly the jokes onlyn n da soapz n serialz.