Is It In Taksali Maryada

our gurdwara has quite a good few taksalis, and allow me to explain about 2 distinguished taksalis.

im sure some of you have heard of "gyaani gurdeep singh" a taksali who i think stayed with baba thakur singh and was supposedly the head granthi of the taksal for over 20 years. he is renowned for his fast running like speed when he does the akhand paaths.

last year, just before baba thakur singh ji did akal charaana, gyaani ji would normally come to the langar hall, and where the plates were washed and cleaned, he would normally take his own thaal, own spoon, own cup.

from there, he would not go upto the sewadars and be served like one is normally done, instead he went round the back to where the dhaals were normally made and would serve himself from there.

im just wandering, is this in taksal maryada btw to do this and not be served as one is normally served as?

ok and another scenario, im not sure of the name of this new taksali singh, but hes radiant ill say that.

anyway, this singh sahib comes to the place where the thaals are being cleaned, and takes a few thaals, cups, spoons etc, and takes them upstairs to have a langar taksali style with other taksali singhs.

the reason i find this strange is how come some taksali singhs prefer doing this rather than be served normally like the common folk like me and you?

gustaphi maaf

btw...for those of you who know these two singh sahibs and live out of leicester, these two singh sahibs are doing well and in chardikala.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

Kandola veerji i don't think it is a "maryada". Only the singhs could explain the best why they are doing this. I think you should ask them first, maybe you could have asked them even before you posted it here.

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

They special innitt tongue.gif

Lol nah, i thinks they doing suchum (sucham) rehat this is where, everything is on a nother level, like not eating outside, eating foods which only shastur dhari, kesdhari nd rehat dhai-yah make, and when they go to shake hands, thats wen ur prana (hojzoora) covers your hand, so u hands stays sucha, there fore the sucham, u have goto stay sucha.

Personally i have tryed this when i was at school, it was tough, did it for one day, nd wen i got home i fainted, lol (lack of food) so really one pumped up reall chardi kala nd big singhs can do it, big as in mentally big, like they know what they want nd they'll do it :)

Hope dis been helpfull

Kandola veerji i don't think it is a "maryada". Only the singhs could explain the best why they are doing this. I think you should ask them first, maybe you could have asked them even before you posted it here.

well, your right, i should ask the two singhs that do this, but really wouldnt want to ask gyaani gurdeep singh....that guy frightens me out for some reason wacko.gif , and if you ask him a question, he tends to go on a tangeant.

and if i asked the other singh, well i didnt want to sound stupid. besides, i dont want to interupt him if hes doing paath in his mind now do i?

anyway, before i posted this message, i did ask one singh on msn, who wasnt there and was set to away.

dont you guys see singhs (not just taksalis) doing this at your local gurdwara?

still, im just finding it strange.

can someone enlighten me please?

gustaphi maaf

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

okay...

so they could be doing it for sucham...but that they would do only if the langar is not being served in full suchamta to the entire sangat.

which is not a good thing no.gif

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

. wahe guru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ke fateh hai ji. veerji guruji tell all gursikh.

HOE IKATTAR MILOH MERE BHAI DUBIDAA DOOR KARO LIVE LAAE.

IN GURUSIKH LANGUAGE THIS IS YOUR DUBIDAA. GO IN GURDWARA SAHAIB

& DO ARDAS. GAVE HUKAM NAMA THEN GURUJI SAY WHAT IS MARYATHE.

IF U FILL BAD THEN PLZ FORGIVE ME. GURFATEH HAI JI. :)

erm? whats bibeki?

gustaphi maaf

112781[/snapback]

its where singhs eat from only hands of amritdhari, as far as i know it is a great action and it is too make sure that the person who made it isnt a mona, or smoker etc . also sarbloh bibeki is same as bibeki except only food cooked in sarbloh by an amrithdari is allowed.