Evidence Against Tytler, Sajjan

jagsinrags

Nanavati report finds credible evidence against Tytler, Sajjan

August 08, 2005 13:33 IST

Last Updated: August 08, 2005 14:43 IST

The G T Nanavati Commission, which probed the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, has said that there is "credible evidence" against now Union Minister Jagdish Tytler that he "very probably" had a hand in organising attacks on Sikhs, and recommended the government to take further action as may be found necessary.

The Commission, in its report tabled in both Houses of Parliament on Monday along with the government's action taken report, also noted that "there was credible material" against Congress leaders Sajjan Kumar (now member of Parliament) and Balwan Khokhar that they were "probably involved as alleged by witnesses".

However, the ATR observed that it was clear from the "very probably" against Tytler remark that the one-man panel itself was not absolutely sure about his involvement in the attacks. The ATR observed "it may be pointed out that in criminal cases, a person cannot be prosecuted simply on the basis of probability".

Read the complete news at:

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/aug/08nanavati1.htm

August 08, 2005 13:33 IST

Last Updated: August 08, 2005 14:43 IST

The G T Nanavati Commission, which probed the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, has said that there is "credible evidence" against now Union Minister Jagdish Tytler that he "very probably" had a hand in organising attacks on Sikhs, and recommended the government to take further action as may be found necessary.

The Commission, in its report tabled in both Houses of Parliament on Monday along with the government's action taken report, also noted that "there was credible material" against Congress leaders Sajjan Kumar (now member of Parliament) and Balwan Khokhar that they were "probably involved as alleged by witnesses".

However, the ATR observed that it was clear from the "very probably" against Tytler remark that the one-man panel itself was not absolutely sure about his involvement in the attacks. The ATR observed "it may be pointed out that in criminal cases, a person cannot be prosecuted simply on the basis of probability".

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/aug/08nanavati1.htm

Wherz my earlier thread gone ??????????/ wacko.gif

R there any pro-jagdish titler/ sajjan kumar moderators here ?????? rolleyes.gif

Admin: Thanks for the comments, but your thread was moved into the News Section as you had posted a news item. Look around before passing judgements.

Probably not deleted. There is the same thread in the News area. I hope admin would be more decisive on what is news and what is not. Some news items are left in the general group and others are moved.

This report like the previous ones is not going to result in any action. The likes of Badal and his son are using this for their own political games, these badal buffoons always make a noise about the 84 genocide when it is election time but forget about everything when they are in power. The commission was set up by theme and the NDA, the remit for the commission was set by them. The stupid badals were too busy making money on the side than looking at the remit of the commission and now they complain about the remit.

The action taken reports show how much the Congress care about the report. They do not give a damn. The SGPC could have funded test cases to see if private criminal prosecutions against the accused were possible in India (as the state has failed in this duty) but they too have their heads stuck up their behinds and are more interested in money.

The former Jathedar of the Akal Takhts (Ranjit Singh) brother was complicit in stopping a court case but putting pressure on a witness (victim). Ranjit Singh said he would sort his brother out, still waiting for him to do this. All these "leaders" are on the take.

Well I think Sikhs shud not expect anything from GOI......no justice....no compensation

All I want the Sikh organisations like DGPC,SGPC shud help those who were victims and shud not waste money on polishing gurduwaras and pocessions. Help them, Give them employment, give them Homes......and be unmoved with this report.......this is wat was expected of India....nothing new

Well I think Sikhs shud not expect anything from GOI......no justice....no compensation

All I want the Sikh organisations like DGPC,SGPC shud help those who were victims and shud not waste money on polishing gurduwaras and pocessions. Help them, Give them employment, give them Homes......and be unmoved with this report.......this is wat was expected of India....nothing new

112996[/snapback]

Your right these survivors and victims of the genocide are still living it disgusting conditions why arent our so called sikh leaders of various organisations giving them aid and money to live in better conditions. Where is all the money that was donated by Sikhs worldwide to help them? First of all I think we need to hang some of these so called leaders who have stolen the money and resources of the sangat instead of sending it on to where its needed.