Saloks & Lessons

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

Khalsa Ji,

I would like to welcome all SIKHSANGAT.COM Members to post unlimitedly in this topic. We will be discussing all sloks by all bhagats in this topic:-

1.) 1 Saloks each day

2.) We will discuss wht they means

3.) We will discuss the lesson from each salok we get

4.) And if there is a story related a slok we will discuss that too.

So, May Waheguru Bless me, you and all the World..... and help us Discuss each Salok Correctly...

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/25/2005

-------------------

GURMUKHI:-

kbIr myrI ismrnI, rsnw aupir rwmu]

Awid jugwid sgl Bgq, qw ko suKu ibsRwmu ]1]

ENGLISH:-

Kabeer may- ree si-ma-r-nee, ra-s-naa Uppa- r Raam

Aaa-di ju-gaa-di sa-ga- l bha-ga-t, taan ko su-kh bi-s- raa-m ||1||

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Raam is on the tip of my tongue

O Kabeer, my rosary is this

By praising Him from time immemorial

Devotees attained ever lasting bliss

BREIF:-

The Lord is remembered by numerous names and Raam is one of them. In this verse, Kabeer is not condemning the use of rosary as long as it helps a person focus his attention on the Name of the Lord. Kabeer says, as far as I am concerned, the name of the Lord, which is always on the tip of tongue, is my rosary. I don’t need any other prop to recite His Name because my tongue is unequivocally reciting His endless virtues. From the very day the world was created and, thereafter, all through the ages, His devotees have been singing his Praises while enjoying the everlasting state of bliss.

Please Post what you think or anything you know more about this slok, your ideas or if i made any mistake. Thanks!

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/26/2005

-------------

kbIr myrI jwiq kau, sBu ko hsnyhwru]

bilhwrI ies jwiq kau, ijh jipa isrjnhwru]2]

Kabeer may-ree jaa-ti ko, sa-bh ko ha-s-nay-haa-r

bali-haa-ree Is jaa-ti ko, jih ja-pi-oh Sir-ja-n-haa-r | |2| |

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:-

Kabeer , everyone used to make fun of my class,

Simply as a matter of detestation,

However, I am thankful of my class,

As it helped me render my adoration.

BRIEF:-

According to the caste system, all Hindus are divided into four classes. The class system has become so rigid, that the class (social status) of a person is still being determined by one’s birth and not by one’s actions. Kabeer was born in the lowest class of Shudras. He says that people used to laugh at him because he was born in the lowest class. In those day s, a great majority of the persons belonging to the lowest class were illiterate. Since he was able to worship the Lord, he is thankful that he was born in this class. Those, who belong to the highest class of Brahmins (Pundits), are supposed to be well-versed in the spiritual knowledge because they are free to read and recite the holy book s. Brahmins used to consider themselves as superior ( in almost all over India they still do) due to their highest rankling among others. Indirectly Kabeer says that if I were born in the highest class, it is just possible that I might have neglected the Lord's worship because of my arrogance and pride.

Please Post you Ideas, Questions and anything else you know and want to tell us about this SLOK. Thanks!

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/27/2005

---------------

kbIr fgmg ikAw krih, khw fulwvih jIau]

srb sUK ko nwieko, rwm nwm rsu pIau]3]

Kabeer dag-mag ki-Aaa ka- reh, ka-haa Du-laa-veh ji-O

sa-ra-b soo-kh ko naa-ee-ko, Raam Naam ra-ss pi-O ||3||

Kabeer, how come you are so shaky?

How come you have a wavering soul?

The Lord is the Provider of all comforts

To taste Hi s Name’s essence must be your goal.

Kabeer says that if you want to attain peace of mind, you have to remember the Lord's Name. One cannot attain bliss by wandering aimlessly in all possible directions. Recite His Name, taste its mind-comforting essence, and consequently enjoy everlasting bliss. Do not seek any favors from anyone else since the Lord alone is the Bestower of all gifts.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/28/2005

----------------

kbIr kMcn ky kuMfl bny, aUpir lwl j Vwau]

dIsih dwDy kwn jIau, ijn min nwih nwau]4]

Kabeer kan-cha-n kay kun-dal ba-nay, Uppa-r laal jarhaa-O

dee-seh daa-dhai kaa-n ji-On, ji-n ma-n naa-hin Naa-O | |4||

Kabeer, if one wears the earrings made of gold,

Studded with precious gems

If the Lord's Name is not in the wearer’s mind

They are like the burnt-reed stems .4.

A reed is a bushy plant that catches fire very easily especially when it is dry. Its stems scorched by fire may still be standing tall and glittering in the sun. However, if you break one of these stems, you may find nothing but black soot on your hands. Such is also the case of a person who has forsaken the Lord. Outwardly he may appear prosperous and happy but inwardly he is burning in the f ire of five deadly passions (lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego).

Please Post Your Replies, Comments and Addons. Thanks!

08/28/2005

----------------

A reed is a bushy plant that catches fire very easily especially when it is dry. Its stems scorched by fire may still be standing tall and glittering in the sun. However, if you break one of these stems, you may find nothing but black soot on your hands. Such is also the case of a person who has forsaken the Lord. Outwardly he may appear prosperous and happy but inwardly he is burning in the f ire of five deadly passions (lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego).

116525[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

very interesting, keep up the good work,by the way you missed one day 28/8/5. lol

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
08/28/2005

----------------

116525[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

very interesting, keep up the good work,by the way you missed one day 28/8/5. lol

116665[/snapback]

Thanks! but bhaji/bhanji 28/8/5 is same as 08/28/05

Please keep reading and remeber to post wht you want to add on in for eg: a story related to slok etc.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/29/05

--------------

kbIr AYsw eyku AwDu, jo jIvqu imrqku hoie]

inrBY hoie kY gun rvY, jq pyKau qq soie]5]

Kabeer Aai-saa Ek Aaa-dh, jo jee-va-t mir-ta-k ho-ay

nir-bhai ho-ay kai gu-n ra-vai, ja-t pa-kh-ao ta-t so-ay | |5| |

Who remains unaffected by the wordly affairs,

O Kabeer, such a person is very rare!

Who fearlessly sings the Lord's praises

The very Lord, wherever one looks , is there

Consider him as a rare person who is not influenced by the earthly pleasures while taking care of his household responsibilities. He is spiritually alive because he has complete control over his senses. Such a person enjoys carefree sleep because he treats happiness and sorrow alike. Lust does not sway him and the anger does not control him. Greed does not affect him and the infatuation does not restrain him. He is always contemplating about the Lord. Kabeer says as long as one aspires for the worldly pleasures, one cannot obtain eternal bliss. A person who fearlessly recites the Lord's Praises and prays for His forgiveness realizes the ultimate truth that the Lord pervades everywhere. With love for all and fear from none, he devotes his entire life in chanting His name while carrying out all the expected worldly responsibilities.

Please post your Replies, Ideas & Addons on this Slok, Thanks!

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

08/30/2005

---------------

kbIr jw idn hau mUAw, pwCY BieAw AMndu]

moih imila pRBu Awpnw, sMgI Bijh goibMdu]6]

Kabeer jaa di-n ha-On moo-Aaa, paa-chhai bha-ee-Aaa A-nan-d

mo-hay mili-O p-ra-bh Aap-naa, san-gee bha-jih Go-bin-d ||6| |

Kabeer, that very day I lost my ego

I began to enjoy the blissful state

Not only i have found the Lord of the Universe,

But my companions also began to meditate

Kabeer explains a very simple technique that can help one obtain everlasting bliss .

All one has to do is to overcome one’s ego. It is believed that a very thin veil, like the wings of a butterfly, exists as a wall that separates one from the Lord. Once the wall of ego is torn down one realizes the Lord's presence within oneself. Thereafter, the Lord’s Name begins to permeate from all parts of one’s body. A unique awareness takes over one’s mind and soul. Then, all the preceptor organs of a person take delight in singing His glorious praises.

Please post you ideas and anything you want to add on this slok. Thanks!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sikh_Singh_Khalsa, you enspire me. great idea.

oh! and i just want the Ikomkar member to know that he/she spelt his/her membership name thingy wrong. its: Ik-Oankaar...its a shame really how many Ppl dont know how to pronounce the very first Gurbani word ever written. no.gif

but plz dont feel offended Ikomkar member. we all make mistakes. i just thought i should tell you in case no one else would...its our duty as Sikhs to help others out. its all in due respect Veerji/Bhanji. respect.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.