Why I Chose Sikhism

shanti

Dear Shanti,

First of all My Best Wishes to you For Becoming A SIKH.

You are just 19 years old & in these small period you were a Catholic, you have wanted to be Muslim & now you have taken up Sikhism.

YES, Sikhism is the Best & the most Simplest of all Religions to find the TRUE LORD.

Just a simple question, do you devote your whole time to the Religion or are you doing something else also like are you studying or doing a job?

I am asking you this because if you have devoted all your time to the religion then very soon you will be bored of it too & you will want to look out for something new. In Sikhism we are not asked to give away our worldly responsibilities till a certain age or if there is an emergency. Anybody who gives up these responsibilities will never be called a Sikh.

Once you know you are a Sikh you will remain a Sikh_a_Disciple for your entire life.

I know one thing that its people like you who can find the TRUE LORD faster than the children born in the Sikh Families. Cause we have started worshipping our Gurus & their Gurudwaras rather than finding the TRUE LORD from the Shabads of our Holy Guru Granth Sahebji.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

By the way penji congrats on becoming a Sikh.

TO the post above "you cant get bored of sikhism" n im telling you from my own experience, once i got into sikhi i couldnt get enough of it, n it stressed me out all the time because i wanted to listen to Gurbani all day-which i couldnt-coz for that i had to go on the net, which i couldnt go on it. N nothing seemed worth while- apart from Gurbani. N even to this day i never get bored of Sikhi

I do agree with the fact that people like shanti penji find the true Lord faster than us sikhs born into sikh families- (saying this from my own experience)

N this because we take sikhi for granted - i did i know most of you would of too, n i never bothered to learn about sikhi by myself either coz i must of thought i know enough to be a sikh- which i never really knew anything at all.

But the fact that i wasnt bought up in a strict sikh family also effected me on not wanting to know about sikhi, becuase e.g. if we get told to cut our hair, then as a kid (when i was small) it made me question my religion thinking why do we cut our hair, when God said no? N it confused me too. (But coz of this also im stronger in my faith in sikhi- coz this is waht made me learn about sikhi along with my experinece)

But i nearly converted to another faith too because of misunderstandings about my faith. (the misunderstandings eg why do we believe in so many Gods- n on some messed up hindu sites it said Guru Nanak was incarnations of this God- but i know he isnt now. N also i thought the Gurus were Gods themself ect coz of the lack of knowledge. N also many times i was going through a bad phase n someone asked me to convert to there religion n i was like it doesnt matter if i convert anyway coz i never knew nothing about my religion n i probs know about there relogion n it wouldnt make a differnce coz i thought i dont kow how to read Gurmukhi any way so ill just learn the other religions scripture. N by the way i thought the fact that loads ppl converted to that faith too i thougt that was the only true faith. But thankfully because of my "experince" that i had one day at night, when i told God to show me the way- because i was confused about faith, my life was a mess, had big problems, n i was crying like mad- probably the most ever n God showered his mercy. N im not joking that day all my misunderstandings about sikhi went away n i undertood reincarnation also-when it didnt make sense b4 n about other religions too n the fact that theres only one God n each different religion is just a differnt way to get close to God n the fact that we jst have differnt names for God out of love ie Ram, Allah like we have for our mothers mummy mam mama ect, i couldnt make sense of nothing before n suddenly everything made sense, n it was the best experience in my life becuase at the same time i was crying but i was so happy -something i cant describe in words N by the way i swerar to you on my life when i reserached about sikhi on the net in the next cuple of days thats what the sikh websites taught also.- it was totaly amazing. Coz i never knew this stuff before, n it was amazing coz on that day in the morning i never believed in sikhi ( remembering i was goijng to convert to another faith - 100% guranteed i thought, n i thought nothing will make me believe in sikhi again) n the next thing in the night i was totally believing in sikhi n that day it changed my view abot sikhi forever. N by the way ive posted about this experince some where before in gupt section though- as i didnt want anyone to know who i am- so they wont talk to me about it by pm-ing, but im not bothered any more (LOL got Gurbani on the radio at the mo- maybe thats encouraging me to write this i dont know.). But i tottly believe in sikhi now. N no misunderstandings will let me stop being in sikhi anymore because ive had that experince which no1 can take away from me n plus no one can take the feeling i have when listening to Gurbani.

Just like to say that between times i tried to become an atheist coz of these misunderstandings n evrthing was confusing at the time- but everytme i listened to Gurbani it dragged me towards it n i couldnt help believing that God does exist n everything didnt make sense without God- N obviously after i had the experince so im 100% sikhi believer.

By the way it just shows how misunderstandings about faith can take you into a step in your life that you wouldnt of ever imagined.- Thankfully Waheguru showered his mercy, otherwise i dont know where i would be today.

WAHEGURU JI KA KALSAH WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH .

Dear Shanti,

First of all My Best Wishes to you For Becoming A SIKH.

You are just 19 years old & in these small period you were a Catholic, you have wanted to be Muslim & now you have taken up Sikhism.

YES, Sikhism is the Best & the most Simplest of all Religions to find the TRUE LORD.

Just a simple question, do you devote your whole time to the Religion or are you doing something else also like are you studying or doing a job?

I am asking you this because if you have devoted all your time to the religion then very soon you will be bored of it too & you will want to look out for something new. In Sikhism we are not asked to give away our worldly responsibilities till a certain age or if there is an emergency. Anybody who gives up these responsibilities will never be called a Sikh.

Once you know you are a Sikh you will remain a Sikh_a_Disciple for your entire life.

I know one thing that its people like you who can find the TRUE LORD faster than  the children born in the Sikh Families. Cause we have started worshipping our Gurus & their Gurudwaras rather than finding the TRUE LORD from the Shabads of our Holy Guru Granth Sahebji.

119814[/snapback]

SAT NAM ji :-)

in response to your question....

Im actually almost 21 now.... i have been followin sikhi for nearly 2 years since i was 19 waheguuuru...and no i do not dedicate all my life to sikhi but the vibration of Waheguru resonates in my being 24/7...waheguru ang sang hug.gif

so.....i am at the minute not working or studying because i am looking after my mohter who is very ill now, she has been for a year....before that i was a translator. And i recently applied for a course to train as a holistic therapist...so i do learn about more than just sikhi....you have a very fair point though about becoming bored of religion in General...it may or may not happen, but its by Gurujis hukam.......and i still have more to learn about Sikhi....much more!

And to all the replies and comments...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH woohoo.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

its great to see such life time experiences and i feel very happy and touched by ur inner soul to find ur way in life. very few people are able to understand the purpose of their religion ur in the lucky ones who grasp it full.

but.. i dont get one thing.. about that sikh boy drinking.. and u tellin him that its not alloowed to drink as a sikh.. and his reply was somethin in the lines of... u wont understand im a sikh. how did that come about? How did u managed to find a positive outcome on researchin on a issue of drinking, thats beyond my understanding.

Its like this we go look for something through a path, but we come out of somethin totaly diff lol.

great respect to shanti, and the name speaks for itself

rabb rakha kuriye