What Makes A 'sikh'?

SSM

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhaen Jee - don't let people who laugh at or pick on your weaknesses intimidate you. My experiences tell me that those who enjoy searching for the weaknesses of others rather their than own, are personally the most insecure. It takes a brave person to admit their weaknesses, and it takes a person of Ego to ridicule the weaknesses of others.

Guroo Guroo Jap Meet Hamarae :)

Waheguroo

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh,

to all sikh bros' and sistas'

Those are really some nice stories - about ur sikhi, well i for one am going to give a brief introduction of my self for those who dont know me and my story rolleyes.gif

WEll lets start of with me....

My name is Harsimran Singh Chana, from Botswana - Southern Africa

Born in Kenya, Nairobi....we have a huge family.....am the oldest in my family with one younger bro.......well i wont go into detail!

So we were lyk to go to australia when i was lyk born and somehow we ended up in bots!, bots is a peaceful place it has one gurudwara - thank GOD.

So now we were growing up and we used to play in gurudwara too......my dad was always making us sit inside and i was lyk playing hide and seek with him - i was really young, lyk 10 until i started realising vaheguru, so well my dad is not looking and next thing i am out

missed my friends..........so well lets skip my childhood coz we want the inspiration part! - btw when i was young me and my bro hav never cut our hair,drink alcohol,smoke,go out,eat meat till now...still arn't - thank vaheguru and my parents for that!

Why i would say my parents is because unlike other parents my parents made sure we were on the rite path - in grade seven my dad told me about life - you know sex,drugs..all that what happens and all !..........me and my dad are lyk best of buddies we are lyk friends we never hide anything we share everything together lyk best bros! - my dad always told us of gud sanskar, bringing up a gud family and all.

so now our family was about to have a third child - our sister, apparently guru ji din't agree with it - it was guru ji's test for us and the biggest - after the death of my sister, well she was born dead, ppl kept saying she was a blessed soul she came for a purpose and fulfilled it.

You may ask me what was the purpose?? - its got to do with guru ji's tests

so now we were totally out financially, coz my dad broke out - chotta dil, he couldn't take the death of my sister so he lyk stopped going to work for about 6 months and u kno wat happens - we had our own work.

So now our family kept struggling and wanting to meet guru ji, suddenly out of nowhere a canadian jatha called - nirankar premi jatha came along - first i wondered y would ppl lyk them come here - there purpose and main aim was us i would say.

Guru ji sent them from what i see - we took amrit from them and from that day our whole family was blessed, so called "jaddhu toona" went from our family, we stayed strong did amrit vela........and by now u should be knowing this its not u who lead urself - u get influenced by other ppl, my dad kept tellin us this and how this goes and ppl will come in ur life to turn u!

We lived in a country where there was not much sikhi, ppl started to come to gurudwara for there own purposes now - politics!

......when we took amrit there was my mom's brothers family and some other families who have all abandoned amrit now from what i can see and tell u.

they took it as a joke they didn't realise it - they thought well what will happen if i drop it later on??? - i wont die!

and others well....the usually - not prepared.

but when the jatha came to ask us - me and my brother Prabhjot Singh were doing gatka (were actually learning from the jatha members) we said without hesitation yes! - and it was not lyk me talking, i felt my fello brothers, the char sahib zades taking frm within me - and thats when i also realised that to first know sikhi inside and out, meet with guru ji - u must conquer urself! - this is done throw naam simran, a lot of it and bani ofcourse.

They, the jatha kept asking us, are u sure, are u sure u can cope up with it? we were lyk yes, if our guru ji - Guru Tekhbahadur Singh ji gav his head for another faith to show us what sikhi is about!, y woudn't i go in his way, his teachings.oh vaheguru i said in the past and say now and will forever say - you have gave us a wonderful life by giving us sikhi, i for one never new anything bout sikhi - well not that much until now, i never knew what was a chola and all that, but i started knowing everything around me realising it and asking myself again and again - oh vaheguru great one, y couldn't u just show me the rite path earlier?, i got my answer, i was sure, its was a mission for me to accomplish.

so this is typically my life and the sangat which took amrit - vaheguru...bless them as we know u do and plz make them come to the rite path again, and my dad and my self also try and influence my cousins and all to take amrit but they are lyk later later and i am lyk always when will that come and so on........

well i had taken some time out to write this, i know i made some mistakes so bul chuk le maff karna!

and if u want to kno anything else, plz feel free, i am open minded!

i know i havn't covered a lot of thing so plz ask.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh blush.gif

122577[/snapback]

:doh:

k, i promised i wont post again, butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

but ermmmm, its not everyday u get a singh from Botswana :doh:

lol, Harsimran Singh, you've made my day bro :doh:

ahhhhh, i remember when we visited gaborone....lol....the gurudwara sahib there is exactly the same as the one in lusaka :)

btw, amazing story bro :doh:

122557[/snapback]

thanks bro

and Harsimran Singh great story and so true abt Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji giving their head yet us guys are so weak even though our head is given to Guru Ji for our own sikhi yet Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji gave their head for saving another faith.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh