Amrit vela

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Well.. late night tv is evil..

Bhai Jagdish Singh's thing to me is a bit complicated and hard for me to repeat.. basically theres no point when you miss amritvela to go crying oh i missed it blah blah.. this stress will cause u a LOT more harm than missing amritvela. You need to accept that you missed it, its not your weakness, its not guru sahib, its YOU.. you missed it, accept that and move on. Do ardas, guru sahib will give you amritvela sooner or later when the time is right. Otherwise dont stress, dont cry and scream, thats useless. You can make up for it by even doing naam simran before sleeping, rehras, while just doing things around the house, thats what can make up for it.

I havent really captured his words but thats best i can do :nihungsmile:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

very very very good quote ^_^

-emo&^_^-->mellow.gif controling ur mind is everything in spiritual life rolleyes.gif

Guest mehtab

dont worry preet...my case is worse...i look at the clock...it says 3 AM...4 AM...and i stare at it...and before any other thought comes to my mind, i switch of all the lights and go to sleep :'(

so u are better than me wubb.gif

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!

I have a couple of suggestions to get you in the routine for getting up..you could always tell your parents to wake you up, and believe me, that works for mee! :umm:

Or you could get a friend to call you at Amritvela and tell them to wake you up, that way you could motivate each other and like then get them to ring 5/10 mins after to make sure that your awake!! hehe, that works too... rolleyes.gif

Just my 2 cents...

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee Fatehh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

:umm: i ahv da smae problems evryday.......i allways gett my sis late for skool evry day cos i don wake up on tym :umm: @

GOD HELP US ALLL ^_^

i allways try my hardest......put da alarm on, tell my, tell my mum.............but im toooo lazy......an allways get up late :St: an hav to du my banis runnin around eating an at skool :D @ :@ @ :@ @

GOD HELP US ALL

Guest mehtab

a few more suggestions :

(1) do NOT take a hot water bath or shower. it makes u more lazy, especially now that its winter. what u can do is take bath/shower with mixed water, as in mixed hot and cold. not cold enuff to make u scream in the bathroom at 4 am and wake every1 up (LOL) and not hot enuff to make u more lazy. yes its gonna be harder now in winter but juz try it. another thing u can do is that before getting into the shower, jus wash your face, throat, neck, ears and arms (panj ishnaan i believe) with COLD water. and i mean COLD!! this will freshen u up, and then when u take bath/shower with moderately warm (NOT hot/cold) water, it will be better.

(2) when sitting down to recite nitnem, make sure your back is straight. this too will be hard in the beginning. sit up straight. u will be able to concentrate better and will feel less lazy/tired/sleepy and will not yawn that much. if it is uncomfortable after a while, then sit with your back bent for some time to relax. what will happen is that u will start yawning after a while coz of the sitting posture. so when u yawn, sit with your back straight again. keep changing postures and in some time u will get used to sitting with a straight back.

my half cent ^_^

Guest balwinderkaur

oh good ideas. thanks rochak bhai :umm: .....but the cold water thing sounds soooooooooooo daunting :umm: if only hot water had the same effect.... *sighz*