Nanaksar Ardaas Required..jodari

Guru da Sikh

Khalsa Fauj, please try not to start a debate about Nanaksar, there have been numerous in the past.

As for ardaas you have to understand the meaning of the Ardaas, its not a mechanical process that you have to follow, the meaning of ardaas is to beg in front of akaal purkh for forgiveness, for thankfulness, and to plead.

As far as maryada goes, ardaas is the beginning part of // sri bhagauti jee kee, which also comes from Sri Dasam Granth. Depending upon your utshah you can add more to the ardaas if you want.

I personally feel nanaksar ardaas is the true ardaas, the mechanical process of ardaas is the false ardaas because you are following a set of rules to beg in front of akaal purkh, when ardaas has no boundaries.

khalsa fauj ..

i don tknow what your on about and please dont start a debate here on whether or not nanaksar ardaas is exceptable or not .. so what if its different then the 'panthic ardaas' your talking..

goto any jatha.. goto ANY gurdwara.. the ardas has been always ADDED to .. there not always the same ..

every jatha have their own way of showing pyaar.. cuz each jatha has their own pyarai gursikhs and they do their ardas in the ardas sometimes..

every gurdwara i went to .. i heard the raagi added their own tuks .. their own bentis.. etx.. there is NOTHING wrong wit that..

ardaas is a benti to guru ji .. through ur heart.. like veerji said .. that one part is from bani .. the other part can be ALL from the heart..

bhul chuk maph ..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think Khalsa Jee and Jaspaul Singh nailed it. Khalsa Fauj - clearly Nanaksar belongs to Khalsa Panth - or can you point out anywhere to where they were ex-communicated? blush.gif

This is what Baba Nand Singh Jee wrote about Ardaas (from my blog :) ):

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I heard some Katha about how Baba Nand Singh used to tell the sangat to Ardaas to Guroo Granth Sahib Jee. Baba Jee said that an Ardaas should be done according to the following principles:

1) When doing an Ardaas, an individual must lose his Ego (feeling of 'Me' or 'I') and believe that everything belongs to Waheguroo, everything is Waheguroo's power and that everything is Waheguroo.

Perhaps even the following shabad can be said:

kbIr myrw muJ mih ikCu nhI jo ikCu hY so qyrw ]

kabeer maeraa mujh mehi kishh nehee jo kishh hai so thaeraa ||

Kabeer, nothing is mine within myself. Whatever there is, is Yours, O Lord.

qyrw quJ kau saupqy ikAw lwgY myrw ]203]

thaeraa thujh ko soupathae kiaa laagai maeraa ||203||

If I surrender to You what is already Yours, what does it cost me? ||203||

2) When doing the Ardaas, the individual must believe that their Guroo Sahib will fulfill the Ardaas, because Guroo Sahib is Samrath. You must truly believe that Guroo Granth Sahib Jee is the Jot which contains the light of the 10 Guroo Sahib's and not consider it to be a book. Any shortage of shardha (faith and devotion) or doubts over Guroo Sahib will probably lead to the Ardaas not being fulfilled.

3) The Ardaas should be done with full sincerity, concentration, pyaar and shardha towards Guroo Sahib Jee.

4) The Ardaas must be done for purposes in accordance with Gurmat philosiphy, i.e., the Sikh should not ask for something which will not please the Guroo.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

:) Such respect for Nanaksar ardaas is much appreciated and as all my veerjis mentioned ardaas is from a Sikh's Heart...it is full of humility and pyaar towards the Guru [ :doh: ]. As i mentioned in my 1st ever post...the words of this ardaas make it so much easier for a Gursikh to express himself which otherwise, is not easy to do.

Thanks to everyone :TH: who posted their views and spend their time for Sadh Sangat on SS and this moorakh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In the words of BHAI INTU SINGH....."GUR GOOBIND SOOORA! SOORA! GUR GOOBIND SOOORA! SOORA!" (repeat)

ps: Intu is amazzzzing! pray.gifListen for Yourself...Courtesy of Jaspaul Singh