There Is No Such Thing As Sikhism

UntitledSingh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

veerji INternational Akali

Only guessing what Khalsa means because I don't have that much knowledge to say for sure what the correct meaning is.

BUT a sikh is not one that takes amrit but once having taken amrit he follows the Rehit.

Yes we can listen to Guru Ji but how many o us can apply what they say to our lives, in fact have you listened to Guru Ji? I think you should then agree with me that being a Khalsa or even a sikh of the Guru is not easy task.

Reminds me of the famous quote

''Vaalon niki hai Khanne di taaron tikhi hai Sikhi mere Satgur di'' (spelling soz).

Why is there no point in having a Khalistan, have Khalistan and people will be inspired to become Khalsas. Sikhi was harder to follow at the time Of the Guru Ji yet it did not die of then so why would it die off now?

At that time, I will kindly remind you, Singhs and Kaurs were becoming Sikhs of the Guru knowing they would have to live through such difficulties physically eg. be burnt alive, be cut joint by joint, be treated in the most inhumane ways imaginable, be boiled alive, see children cut apart.

Yet Sikhi did not die then.

As someone once said, the death of the Khalsa will never be celebrated only the birthday will.

The Khalsa will not be a past but always exist, it will never be history that once there was a Khalsa Panth.

No, please explain how Sikhi has decreased because of people like me making it difficult. Sikhi has not decreased but has not increased at the same rate as some religions perhaps because unlike other members of other religions we use contraceptives and not multiply like bacteria in order to make our sikhi grow.

No offence to anyone was intended here.

If we are referring to amritdharis not increasing as much then that is not due to any definitions of what Khalsa or Sikhi means but it is due to the simple pathetic and ridicluous fact that people have been introduced to B4U and Zee Music in India and here in the West they have been introduced to goras so for them hair is not so appealing unless its a designer beard.

Read this, its interesting:http://www.sikhmarg.com/english/khalsa.html#Anchor-18-62398 (didnt get time to read it all but looked relevant lol).

Khalsa basically means ''pure'' so to be a Khalsa one must be ''pure''. I'm assuming that also means control of the 5 vices including kaam especially.

How many men and women who take amrit have been able to control their dodgy thoughts?

Come on the train one day with me and I will show you a so called Khalsa who looks like the most religious man the earth was ever blessed with when he is at a Nagar Kirtan or the Gurdwara in general and when I happen to bump into him in the evening he has the yukkiest flirty facial expressions --pure hmmmm khalsa just by taking amrit..... I would never call him that. Thats why I cant simply call any chardikala looking amritdhari singh a Khalsa, not all deserve to be called that.

I may be wrong.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veerji INternational Akali

Only guessing what Khalsa means because I don't have that much knowledge to say for sure what the correct meaning is.

BUT a sikh is not one that takes amrit but once having taken amrit he follows the Rehit.

Yes we can listen to Guru Ji but how many o us can apply what they say to our lives, in fact have you listened to Guru Ji? I think you should then agree with me that being a Khalsa or even a sikh of the Guru is not easy task.

Reminds me of the famous quote

''Vaalon niki hai Khanne di taaron tikhi hai Sikhi mere Satgur di'' (spelling soz).

Why is there no point in having a Khalistan, have Khalistan and people will be inspired to become Khalsas. Sikhi was harder to follow at the time Of the Guru Ji yet it did not die of then so why would it die off now?

At that time, I will kindly remind you, Singhs and Kaurs were becoming Sikhs of the Guru knowing they would have to live through such difficulties physically eg. be burnt alive, be cut joint by joint, be treated in the most inhumane ways imaginable, be boiled alive, see children cut apart.

Yet Sikhi did not die then.

As someone once said, the death of the Khalsa will never be celebrated only the birthday will.

The Khalsa will not be a past but always exist, it will never be history that once there was a Khalsa Panth.

No, please explain how Sikhi has decreased because of people like me making it difficult. Sikhi has not decreased but has not increased at the same rate as some religions perhaps because unlike other members of other religions we use contraceptives and not multiply like bacteria in order to make our sikhi grow.

No offence to anyone was intended here.

If we are referring to amritdharis not increasing as much then that is not due to any definitions of what Khalsa or Sikhi means but it is due to the simple pathetic and ridicluous fact that people have been introduced to B4U and Zee Music in India and here in the West they have been introduced to goras so for them hair is not so appealing unless its a designer beard.

Read this, its interesting:http://www.sikhmarg.com/english/khalsa.html#Anchor-18-62398 (didnt get time to read it all but looked relevant lol).

Khalsa basically means ''pure'' so to be a Khalsa one must be ''pure''. I'm assuming that also means control of the 5 vices including kaam especially.

How many men and women who take amrit have been able to control their dodgy thoughts?

Come on the train one day with me and I will show you a so called Khalsa who looks like the most religious man the earth was ever blessed with when he is at a Nagar Kirtan or the Gurdwara in general and when I happen to bump into him in the evening he has the yukkiest flirty facial expressions --pure hmmmm khalsa just by taking amrit..... I would never call him that. Thats why I cant simply call any chardikala looking amritdhari singh a Khalsa, not all deserve to be called that.

I may be wrong.

126989[/snapback]

SSm i understand what you are sayiong BUT llike i said before if you follow the teachings of shri guru granth sahib ji you will automattically become khalsa... as shri gruu granth granth saihib gives yo the path to akal purukh... like you said that include folowwing guru rehit.....

You got me wrong i am not saying khalistan is pointless.... i am acctully for khalistan but isnt defention of khalistan "the land of the PURE" And the defention of KHALSA means PURE right.... what are you gonna do with pure land if theyre arent any pure people... what i am trying to say is that we have made it so hard in our books to become khalsa... as i said before if you foloow gurmat yu will automattically become khalsa....

SSM no offence i think you need to get some facts straight.... there were much more popultion wise sikhs during guru ji's time... but how come people are falling so much away from sikhi???? SIkhi is so perfect.... SIkhi hasnt changed at all its always been perfect.. WE have changed sikhi by our own defention and made it much more difficult... i hope u cann see what i am saying veerji....

i forgot o add this in... can you tell me the meaning of when someone says Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

dont that mean like Khalsa belongs to Waheguru and all Victory is to Waheguru, forgive me if I'm wrong.

OK Int. Akali as long as u understand me, I think we are both saying the same thing except I'm saying not many ppl really follow Guru Ji completely or should I say dont try to so would we still call them Khalsa?

Soz, did I say I thought u dont want Khalistan, I know u do lol, the writing at the bottom of ur post sort of gives it away :)

Er... I read somewhere that at one point there were like only a hundred or so Singhs left, maybe I read that wrong, but we got like 24m sikhs now I think and dunno how many are actually sikhs but my facts arent wrong then are they :doh: @

Sorry no.gifblush.gif but I dont get what ur trying to say, I dont know how we changed definition .

defention of khalistan "the land of the PURE" And the defention of KHALSA means PURE right.... what are you gonna do with pure land if theyre arent any pure people...

I wanna ask you one question... you think there are not a lot of khalsai in this world rite... then can you tell me.. Has guru sahib made sikhi hard or have we made sikhi hard... isnt sikhi supposed to be a relgion of where it is not difficult..Just follow the path of shri guru granth sahib ji and you will becme pure and be one with god???? so you are saying that there are a not of people who follow the philosiphy aof shri guru granth sahib ji... and that makes them not khalsai correct? cuz as far as i know those who follow the path of guru granth sahib ji are indeed khalsai because they have found a way to be pure... and indeed follow gurus path.... if they follow the path of guru granth sahib ji they are khalsai too me

OK bro I agree on the first part.

I'm not sure how many ppl there are in this world who are worthy of being a part of the Khalsa Panth and I'm not even sure our interpretation of Khalsa or even pure is correct but yes I think there are much less Khalsas than sikhs lol.

I mean everyone calls themselves sikhs so long as they born into a 'sikh' family.

Or then even amritdharis, like if thats the only sikhs then lets ignore the rest.

But I dont think every amritdhari is Khalsa if i interpret it right.

Khalsa I think follows the rehit, an amritdhari may not.

But I think we are saying the same thing. I mean read ur 2nd para bro and it seems we are in agreement, u saying same as me there. Apart from Sikhi being difficult bit.

Sikhi isnt difficult to the extent that you have to be detached from society etc.

But can be hard to the extent that some ppl are weak and fall into kaam and insecurities abt kesh etc.

Its all dependent on how strong one is I think and how much love one can feel for God. For some people that love is there and for others well it isnt and thats why some ppl show little respect for Guru Ji although they have read bani.

And just to add, yes ur line abt following Guru Ji = Khalsa, I agree,... only the Q then arises as to whether they do lol.

MONEH N OTHERS HU DRINK SMOKE ETC.. N CALL THEMSHEVLES SIKHS IS JUST OFFENSIVE TO REAL SINGHS N SINGHNIYA

THINK ABOUT IT IF SUM1 DNT FOLLOW THE RELIGION HOW CAN DEY CALLEMSHELVES SIKH'S? PEOPLE THESE DAYS JUST SAY DER SIKH CUZ DEY JUST WANA BE PART OF SOMTHING A RELIGION IS A WAY OF LIFE ONE CHOOSES TO LIVE NO1 IS BORN IN A RELIGION WE CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THIS PATH BY CHOICE AS 4 OTHERS THEY JUST FINK THEY ARE SIKH BECUZ SOMWER IN THE BACKGROUND DER FAMILY MITE HAD BEEN SIKHS SO AUTOMATICLY THEY CONSIDER THEMSHEVLES AS SIKHS THINK ABOUT IT

IF A WHITE PERSON WANTED 2 BECOME A SIKH HE WOULD HVE 2 TAKE AMRIT N KEEP KESH N FOLLOW THE REHAT SO WHAT MAKES SOME PEOPLE (ASIANS) SO SPEICAL THAT THEY DNT NEED 2 TAKE AMRIT TO CALL THEMSHELVES SIKHS N CONTINUE DRINKNIG SMOKING CUTING HAIR ETC..BUT THEY STILL CALSSIFIED AS SIKHS

''WITHOUT REHAT ONE CANNOT BE CALELD A SIKH''

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh!

* Rahni Rahae Soi Sikh Mera

Only, he is my sikh who leads his life of a Gursikh as per Guru's commandment.

* Oh Sahib Main Os Ka Chera

Only, that Sikh is my master and I am his disciple

* Rehat Bina Nahin Sikh Kahawai

without following Guru's Reht a person cannot be called a sikh.

* rom rom mehi busehi muraar

On each and every hair, the Lord abides

* Gurumuckh rom rom har dhhiaavai

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

* Jub lug khhaalusaa rehae niaaraa

As long as the Khalsa remains distinct

* Thub lug tharj keeo mai saaraa

So long I will give him My Glory

* Jub eih gehai bipurun kee reeth

But if he should adopt the ways of others

*mai n kuro ein kee prutheeth

I put no trust or faith in him then.

:)

Hope this helps!

For example if someone was to say..."i cut my hair and eat meat, i'm a sikh." well in that case who isn't a sikh? :doh: @

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh!

Its also kind of wierd that we had to come up with the word Amritdhari, to describe the people who took Amrit and donned the 5ks, because they are so few. I mean there was no such thing as Amritdhari back then, I know i sound kind of confusing, but i just dont get why we had to make a name like "Amritdhari" for the true Sikhs, for they are Sikhs, but the name for the ones who aren't complete Sikhs is non-amridhari Sikhs.

If you look like this right now wacko.gif , just ignore me. lol

Untitled lol u made it pretty clear i got u but hey thats kind of interesting but lets look at this realistiicallly yeh. ppl aint gonna stop callingthemselves sikh cos if they dont then what do u they call themselves lol and u tell themto stop and they wont exactly be like ok.

but i learnt from this thread really interesting points thank you.