Is Enough Being Done?

your absolutely right but im just saying that maybe we should try to maybe get some organisations to educate the youth and i would support it 100% (not that i dont support these organisations anyway)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

hmm Long Live The Khalsa jiyo thats exactly whut i mean..

ok so i agree 100% with Simmal Tree Veerji.. absolutely correct. its only for political reasons - or for personal gain - that ppl would rather start their own thing than help and support great organisations/ppl alread in existence out there.. i mean, i didnt even know about this book Veerji mentioned.. and the vid made by the doctor ji? never seen it.. we're so out of it as youths.. well, not all of us, but murakhs like me yeah.

i get the point about large scale projects.. but you've got to start somewhere... a Gatka class at a Guruduara Sahib isn't large-scale - but it helps.. we started one here recently, and its sooo good.. its like the thing most of us look forward to the whole week.. so many kids who never came to the Guruduara Sahib now come for the class, and started getting more involved in Seva, etc..

thank you very much Simmal Tree Veerji for your post - now im going to go check out this book and the vid. respect.gif

bhull chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

thats what i mean because it will help but its just organising it for example im from leicester and there has been no sikhi camp in leicester for ovr ten years and no gatka classes hardly any sangat

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!

khalsa jee,

there are so many wonderful resources out there but the problem is that we don't have "sikh public relations officers." i mean, in the USA, mayeb SALDEF (formerly SMART) was doing something but their mission is a little bit different now and there isn't really an international Sikhi promotions organization that can bring all of the wonderful things from around the world to the Sikhs that need it.

I'm telling you there are soooo many .. like *THOUSANDS* of Sikhs out there who have no idea that SikhiToTheMax even exists... and they would love it ...

Just like that there are many things that we don't know about but that's what these forums are for. We should go out there and find the real resources and share them with the youth so that they can be more accessible and more frequently used.

Examples are Isher Micro Media, and SikhiTotheMax, and SikhNames.com, and the Dastaar Videos on EktaOne.com, and those type of things.

"TeraRoop11" jee if you want to PM me with your mailing address I can send you a copy of the book. The video is on www.khalsa.tv

Simarjit Kaur bhainji will have a website for her writings soon.

I totally agree with "Long live the khalsa" jee. Starting things on a grassroots level is great.

Like in BC we have so many little programs, in houses, at the gurdwara, just a group of people, and it really helps them in their Sikhi. It might not be a big event, there might not be a lot of publicity, but it helps people in their Sikhi and it is chardee kalaa. These type of events are priceless. Having Sikhi events is not all about PR.

I think our community has been doing the wrong type of PR in the past 20 years. We promote Gurdwara Committees and big keertanis coming here for 10 days, and we make a big fuss over those things -- but we don't help the human rights organizations, or the people that are doing seva for 1984 Shaheed's families, or the people that are spending days and nights writing books for the Sikh panth. Those people don't bring money into the Gurdwaras golaks so they don't get publicity. But we need to publicize those efforts and stop putting so much effort into promoting the big-name keertanis (no disrespect to those that are chardee kalaa, but many of them are fooling us).

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaavaaheguroojeekeefathehhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use