Shin Kin

britiah sikh lad

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shin Kin is a waste of time. Take up boxing and also attend wrestling classes.

I have seen many guys who do Shin Kin get good shithar from people without any real martial art skills.

128518[/snapback]

Remember that its the fighter not the art!

theres a story of a guy in china, he was at the Shaolin Temple and studied various styles for years and years. To gain entry to the world, you had to pass a test - your skill of Kung Fu. Unfortunatly he could never pass and would always lose his fights. He never once one!

One day he sat on the stairs in the gardens and saw a mantis fighting a grasshopper, grass hoppers are MUCH bigger. the mantis won. He then studied the mantis incorprating its attacks into human possibilities. he then won all his fights! Even against multiple opponents.

This is a true story, its how Seven Star Praying Mantis (the style came around).

Therefore you can see, this guy learned many styles but certain ones did not work for him.

I havent done shin kin but would like to check it out.

iv done both the vidiya and gatkha, i much prefer the vidiya as it teached you to use your hands aswel! so far in gatkha all i learned was how to use a large sized shastar! Now how often am i going to be walking down the street with a 3ft stick? Not likely!

Therefore its good to learn another art aswel. Shin Kin is fine, nothing wrong with it. If its not appropriate for you then dont learn it but dont knock the art. ANY true martial artist will say the same, if you respect the arts u will know its not the art, but the fighter!!

Boxers cant kick, iv beat them using kicks, kick boxers use elbows, they have beaten me with that! Grapplers floor fight, im not trained in that so again lost her! But then martial aritist such as karate who use square foot motions, i have beaten as they have no flexibility in ur motions!!

========

anonosingh Posted Today, 12:56 PM

forget shin kin

learn some gatka or shaster vidhiya - at least if u go to a proper ustaad u will learn get some proper vidhiya - n not the watered down version

========

No offence here or to start an argument with ANYONE!! but the only person who teached Shastar Vidiya, u all hate! lol so in that case might be worth takin up shin kin instead JUST to spite him as he hates it! lol

me personally, i would still go and train from him, its down to personal opinion.

If iv offended anyone, please forgive me!

WJKF WJKF

hehehe we used to do shin kin as little 10 yr old kids at sedgley st gurdwara hehehe it is very watered down believe me id go for gatka or shaster vidya depends what you waan do though

128551[/snapback]

Watered down is an understatement.

Use your time to learn a few decent arts not some home made martial art named after Shindo and her sister Kindo.