Kaam After Nitnem

Guys I have thought about this many times...

Why is thinking about sex so shameful ??

I am somewhat versed in Bible and I couldn't find much of a clue there, esp in old testament it is a bit vague. Adam & eve did sin..etc etc. In bible Adam is the first man and Eve the first woman...in hinduism Shiva is the first man and Uma is first woman.

Shiva (or Adam) had to promote human life on earth and thus was tuned by God (para brahama) to re-enact the cosmic art of procreation and this was done with help of eve (Uma).

Everything was pristine and hunky-dory until Eve (Uma) messed things up a wee bit by doing some sin (christians say eat from the forbidden tree/what hindus say I don't know what exactly/other sources say Eve had relations with Lucifer and their union gave birth to the evil seed...that lurks amidst humans etc). But whatever be the reason, both Adam & Eve were cursed due to this act committed by Eve.

Thus what was once the cosmic act of reunion became the most shameful and 'hush-hush' things in the world. Almost everyone does it, but at same time they are also ashamed about it.

What bible says later or one infers from it is that by the time 'human journey' on earth is complete and the before earth is destroyed for ever, humans would loose their guilt that was attributed to the act of Adam & Eve.

try making sense of this !

Summarizing from what I said, without understanding the beginning of mankind through cosmic union, if one does not understand that then one would truly be incomplete. So knowing about sex and thinking about sex is not wrong per se because we are thinking about our creation and the creation of humankind and life.

What is more important is how we use this knowledge, to what affect ??

Are we right when we are putting this knowledge to practice...?? Those sort of things are the more difficult & tricky things to decide ? I don't have an answer....and my guess is no one has because it is not one size fits all.

I think each and everyone has to make their own call ...

Summarizing from what I said, without understanding the beginning of mankind through cosmic union, if one does not understand that then one would truly be incomplete. So knowing about sex and thinking about sex is not wrong per se because we are thinking about our creation and the creation of humankind and life.

What is more important is how we use this knowledge, to what affect ??

Are we right when we are putting this knowledge to practice...?? Those sort of things are the more difficult & tricky things to decide ? I don't have an answer....and my guess is no one has because it is not one size fits all.

I think each and everyone has to make their own call ...

130472[/snapback]

Raju

A common mistake we make is to think Kaam = sexual thought's. It is clearly not!

Kaam = Lustfulness, or lust which is an OBSESSION with sex.

Just like:

Hankaar = Egotism = An OBSESSION with self

Krodh = Anger/Stubborness = An emotional OBSESSION

MOh = Materialism = Material OBSESSION

Lobh = Greed = An OBSESSION with accumalation.

It is the OBSESSION on has to be wary of. :e:

randip singh je, obsession exists because we desperately seek to know something, we desperately need to connect the dots innit ?

It is a very human thing, and if one does not go through obsession and study it closely how does one know what harm it can do or how good can be derived from it ??

Everyman needs to know their purpose in life, their role in the cosmic universe ! And until we figure it out, it bloody well creates a tremendous confusion in everyone of us.

We are clueless and suddenly we see a light, we get obsessed...

something like someone has thrown us a rope or even a blade of grass.

Obsession = integral part of the (imperfect ?? ) human journey IMO

randip singh je, obsession exists because we desperately seek to know something, we desperately need to connect the dots innit ?

It is a very human thing, and if one does not go through obsession and study it closely how does one know what harm it can do or how good can be derived from it ??

Everyman needs to know their purpose in life, their role in the cosmic universe ! And until we figure it out, it bloody well creates a tremendous confusion in everyone of us.

We are clueless and suddenly we see a light, we get obsessed...

something like someone has thrown us a rope or even a blade of grass.

Obsession = integral part of the (imperfect ?? ) human journey IMO

130485[/snapback]

True Obsession is about being imperfect, but what the Guru's have demonstated with clear example's in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is that these Obsession will derail you on your spiritual journey!

What we as Sikhs are trying to do is move from Munmookh (a person obsessed with xyz), to a Gurmookh (a person who is NOT obsessed with xyz).

Scientific view is that you should take atleast 7-8 hours sleep daily andif u dont take it on regular basis, then people do find themselves in this kind of situation...

secondly veerji, although u do alot of paath and goto guruduwara, the reason of kaam thoughts coming to your mind is coz you are having some curiosity about it in ur mind at some place and this is common coz nobody can be able to control his her mind coz if he does, he becomes the soul of guru.

so wat u do is either u wake till that time u find urself fullsleepy or u can start doing pehli paudi path continuosly until u get sleep..that willhelp u up...

otherwise this is dcientifically proved that brain never rests although its activity slows down in night (sleep) but still that dream part of brain becomes more active in night...