Marital Advice

Hot Sausage

She herself finds sikhhism far too man made and a bit of a boys club, which is really what its become even if that may not have been the original intention of its founder ??....

And if that was it's original intention, then who can blame her for wanting out and freedom from it all cool.gif

You guys are just skewing too much of the facts in your favor.

First let me answer the thing about her parents choice being unemployed.

1) Have you met him? Until you havn't met him you can not conclude that.

2) Your girl said so. Her opinion of this guy was biased even before her first meeting with him.

Conclusion: His employment status is undetermined.

Now let me answer to "Sikhism is a bit of a boys club."

1) Thats a pretty strong statement for a guy whose firsthand information on Sikhism comes from his girlfriend.

2) Is your girlfriend a priest?

Conclusion: Don't disrespect a religion to justify personal situations.

Heres some statistics from the CIA World Factbook maybe her parents considered as well, if you want to look into this with more detail (or confirm) perhaps the boys club here at SikhSangat may not mind pitching in and sending you a copy free of charge.

Divorce Rate per 100 people

White (British) - 42.6

Indian - 0.005%

PS. Ill autograph you the copy :TH:

untitled19cf.gif

GS Dhaliwal & the rest of the boys club.

She herself finds sikhhism far too man made and a bit of a boys club, which is really what its become even if that may not have been the original intention of its founder ??....

And if that was it's original intention, then who can blame her for wanting out and freedom from it all  :lol:

131870[/snapback]

Question: What do you mean by ''boys club''? And why do you say it's a boys club? Because your girlfriend says it is? And why does SHE believe it's a boys club?

I'd really like to know. If you're going to insult our religion then you should at least explain your thinking.

Please anwer my questions and I'll try to respond as best I can with some actual facts.

Thanks.

Hot Sausage

You're posts in this thread are very confusing. You seem to making the same biased comments about Sikhism that Indian parents would make about white guys. If you want to learn about Sikhism then take time out and read about Sikhism. If you are stuck with your ignorant and pre-conceived notions about Sikhism and Punjabi culture ( arranged marriages + overbearing parents ) probably gained from Coronation Street and Eastenders then it's best for both of you to decide on what you want to do. It seems your gf is already going against her parents by dating you so i don't know how you're going to convince her parents that you are a good match for their daughter. Starting off as the guy their daughter is secretly and deceitfully dating isn't the best of starts. You need to understand this, in Punjabi culture as well as in Sikhism a great deal of emphesis is placed on the family and a son in law has to fit in with the family. I don't know whether you're gfs family is ultra liberal but even then they might take offence at your ignorant comments about Sikhism. As for the other guy, he has my sympathy, not only is your gf badmouthing him but she's also being unfaithful to him. You're gf called him a pimp and if he ever found out what you're gf is up to then i'm sure he would have some choice expletives to say about her as well as i'm sure most right thinking people would as well.

As for you're comment that Sikhism is a bit of a boys club and you're gf wants freedom from it. That should ring some alarm bells. Maybe she's someone who wants to live the western lifestyle, u know multiple partners, kids by more than one man, drinking and puking on the high street and her parents want her to grow up and marry a respectable Sikh guy. She probably sees you as a way of getting away from a respectable lifestyle and do all the stuff that is frowned upon by Sikhs. If it weren't you it would some next white guy LOL.gif

Sorry mate you probably came her thinking we would be telling your what a great match you are and how your gfs lucky to have you. Sorry but this is not some romance but real life!

Well not something to laugh at but he did have a point, I mean a lot of Indian girls will date a guy simply because he is white rolleyes.gif because that's their way to get out of what they don't like-the respectable life. This way they can getting upto all sorts of dodgy stuff and hopefully he wont mind blush.gif .

LOL abt the boys club though, sounds like his girlfriend has parents who are more Punjabi rather than Sikh. And it would make so much more sense if she bothered to meet and discuss this with proper 'Sikh' couples as to what sikhi is really about and then she can come to her own conclusions but no point in making ur mind up abt something u don't know anything abt lol.

If she wants to marry HS then total respect to her but why do they both feel the need to justify their actions by dissing everything and everyone around them. I'm getting the feeling that there are more reasons for her to not marry an Indian guy than there are for her to marry HS. :lol: @ :umm: @