Agnostic And Proud!

Punjabi_Link

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To jap "har ko naam", one has to have naam, and that is only available from Guru Nanak.

What would an agnostic without a Guru do?

Guru Sahib has said clearly that no one has found God without Guru. It's not possible. "Bin satgur kinai na paayo bin satgur kinai na paaiya". Without Satguru, no one has found God in the past and no one will do it now.

I agree Guru is important without Guru one cannot get Naam or get anywhere. If you are born in sikh family, you should try to take Naam only from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Ghar through usual process of amrit.

However, if you are born in a hindu family, muslim family, sufi family etc one does not need to take Naam from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Ghar. They can take Naam from their Guru just like how hindu/sufi bhagats in Sri Guru Granth Sahib got Naam from their respective Guru's. They all existed before Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Unfortunately, some of sikhs these days think they have monoply over Naam.

How can divine truth can be hold by one dharam?

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is Nirankari Jot. Advait roop. There is no difference between Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Nirankari Jot roop and Bhramgyani who is also merged with God. People who see difference, they are still diseased with duality. When we do parchar distincation has to be made in the sangat. However, in essence there is no difference.

Namastang,

There is only one Gurmat Naam. That is what Guru Nanak revealed to the world. Otherwise why would there have been a need for Guru Nanak if all the other faiths were fine as they were?

There is only one truth. Just like Darbar Sahib: doors are open to all 4 directions, but the path is only one.

If you are claiming a brahmgyani and Guru Nanak are the same thing, I dont know what to tell you. Have you ever heard of a student in a class every claiming to be the equal of the teacher? The rights and position of the teacher are restricted. Guru Nanak will always be the only Guru. Only Guru Nanak has the right to give naam (not any sant or anyone else). The student can never claim to be the equal of the teacher.

Namastang,

There is only one Gurmat Naam.  That is what Guru Nanak revealed to the world.  Otherwise why would there have been a need for Guru Nanak if all the other faiths were fine as they were?

There is only one truth.  Just like Darbar Sahib:  doors are open to all 4 directions, but the path is only one.

If you are claiming a brahmgyani and Guru Nanak are the same thing, I dont know what to tell you.  Have you ever heard of a student in a class every claiming to be the equal of the teacher?  The rights and position of the teacher are restricted.  Guru Nanak will always be the only Guru.  Only Guru Nanak has the right to give naam (not any sant or anyone else).  The student can never claim to be the equal of the teacher.

132257[/snapback]

Admit it you got no gurbani references to back up your claims.

Gurbani is very clear on this.

Nanak Bhramgyani Aaap Parmeshvar.

Also regarding Gurmat Naam being only one or only restricted to Sikhs.

What Naam bhagat kabir japped? What Naam Bhagat Namdev japped? What Naam Baba Fared Japped? What Naam Bhagat Pipa, Bhagat Parladh, Bhagat Dharu japped?

Were they not Gurmat Naam?

Lets see if you say No then you are probably don't bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji with your full consceince just mere pakhand act because Sri Guru Granth Sahib have teachings of such great bhagats.

If you say "Yes" then Gurmat Naam is not only restricted to Sikhs.

I rest my case.

If you are claiming a brahmgyani and Guru Nanak are the same thing, I dont know what to tell you. Have you ever heard of a student in a class every claiming to be the equal of the teacher? The rights and position of the teacher are restricted. Guru Nanak will always be the only Guru. Only Guru Nanak has the right to give naam (not any sant or anyone else). The student can never claim to be the equal of the teacher.

Student cannot claim to be a teacher until that student hasn't passed exams. Once that student has passed exams- conquer all 5 vices and more then that student is not mere student than that student becomes teacher. That is the reality. Obviously that student will not claim to be a teacher. But it would automatically reflect that student has became a teacher.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji wasn't joking or being sarcastic when he wrote the whole pauri on Khalsa.

Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas

Khalsa Meh Hon Karon Niwas

It's up to you to accept khalsa defination written by Satguru. If you accept it, then there is no duality(dvait) and your mind will become advait.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

For starters to the Punjabi_Liink i would say brother/sister you are not agnostic- that means that you not sure if God exists.

You are a theist- means that you belive in God, but dont follow religion.

Without offence- Im a Sikh, n its my duty not to offend anyone (whether there not Sikh or not) but why have you came on a Sikh site to say that your proud to be agnostic?

N you said that you wanted to know about the Khalistan movement- why didnt you post in the Sikh politics section?

Non-Sikhs like yourself are welcome on this site-

im happy for you that you believe in God.

You said this:

No one in this world truly know how God looks, thinks etc…They just follow what some prophet or “Guru ji” told them what God looks, thinks etc…Which I don't have a problem with people following what some prophet or Guru Ji said at all.

Yes we dont know how God looks like that is why Guru Nanak said God is undescribable, that hes formless ect.

And yes the 'they' that your referring to have got names- Ie Sikhs,

N yes 'they just follow what some phrophet or 'Guru' said, because the Gurus were told by GOD to preach to the world about God, when man needed redirecting to God again- when man was concentrated on fighting about which religion is right or wrong rather than God.

I personally think that GOD only cares about your deeds instead of how many times you performed some ritual stuff like not eating meat or worshipping some picture of some Hindu god or Guru Nanak Ji.

Again brother/sister your mistaking Sikhi again,

Sikhi does only preach that God only cares about your deeds not creed caste etc

N Sikhs dont worship any images or photos of Hindu Gods or Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Why would a Sikh worship a phrophet?

And if you learnt about Sikhi you will also know that we only believe in a formless God, so why will Sikhs worship God in a form of a image?

You also said:

All I am saying is that if because a person doesn't wear a turban/keep his/her hair, it doesn't mean they're a bad person and they'll be punish by "Waheguru" for it.

Brother/Sister no where in Sikhi does it say if you cut your hair your bad person and God will punish you for it.

Yes Sikhi does say if you going to follow a faith be a true beliver ie follow it properly. Ie if your a Sikh follow it properly by wearing the turbin etc, but obviously its important for a Sikh to be a sikh in the inside first.

N by cutting hair you dont become a bad person, it just basicly shows 'how much love you really have to God'

Coz if a Sikh cuts his hair for him to impress someone, hows that showing love to God?,

N by not cutting hair its like your giving up looking how you want to, and looking how God wants too.

Which shows your true love.

Dont get me wrong i cut my hair but- but ive only started recently (couple of months) to get into a Sikhi coz i werent exactly bought up in a strict Sikh family. (by the way im 16).

N its important to me becoming a Sikh from the inside first before the appearance, n i aint exactly happy cutting my hair either-makes me feel ashamed of myself, not coz anyone tells me that i should be ashamed of myself, but because i wanna really know how much i really love God. N if i cant sacrifice looking how i want to, how can i say i love God?

N if i can i would like you to ask yourself some questions:

You believe in God,

and you say you dont have no knowledge of God, How are you gonna gain yourself knowledge of God?

Are you a true believer in God, coz if God revealed so many faiths to man, to allow man to gain knowledge of God yet you say dont have the knowledge of God?

Are you just denying yourself the knowlege of the Superior one?

You said that God is not religion:

Yes sikhs believe that BUT how you gonna feel God's love, glory without a path to him?

How you gonna gain knowledge of him?

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong or anything to offend you, but im asking you these questions, because without a path to God, Life can get miserable (saying from my own experience).

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH