Life Before Dhan Sri Guru Nanak

Shabad by Bhai Gurdas Jee in his Vaars

pihlW bwby pwXw bKS dr ipCoN dy iPr Gwl kmweI]

pehilaa(n) baabae paayaa bakhash dhar pishho(n) dhae fir ghaal kamaaee||

First of all Baba Nanak obtained the gate of the grace (of Lord) and then He underwent and earned the rigorous discipline( of heart and mind).

ryq A`k Awhwr kr roVW kI gur krI ivCweI]

raeth aak aahaar kar rorraa(n) kee gur karee vishhaaee||

He fed himself with sand and swallow-wort and made stones his bedding i.e. he enjoyed poverty too.

BwrI krI q`pisAw bfy Bwg hir isauN bix AweI]

bhaaree karee thaapasiaa baddae bhaag har siou(n) ban aaee||

He offered hid full devotion and then he was fortunate to have proximity with God.

bwbw pYDw sc KMf nwiniD nwm grIbI pweI]

baabaa paidhhaa sach kha(n)dd naanidhh naam gareebee paaee||

Baba reached the region of truth wherefrom he received Nam, the storehouse of nine treasures and humility.

bwbw dyKy iDAwn Dr jlqI sB ipRQvI ids AweI]

baabaa dhaekhae dhhiaan dhhar jalathee sabh prithhavee dhis aaee||

In his meditation, Baba found the whole earth burning (with the fire of lust and anger).

bwJhu gurU gubwr hY hYhY krdI suxI lukweI]

baajhahu guroo gubaar hai haihai karadhee sunee lukaaee||

Without Guru there is utter darkness and he heard the cries of the common men.

bwby ByK bxwieAw aud`wsI kI rIq clweI]

baabae bhaekh banaaeiaa oudhaasee kee reeth chalaaee||

To further understand the people, Guru Nanak donned robes in their manner and preached them to be detached (from the pleasure and pain).

ciVHAw soDn Drq lukweI ]òô]

charrihaaa sodhhan dhharath lukaaee ||aa||

Thus he went out to depurate humanity on earth.

pray.gifpray.gif

a singh sahib at out local guru ghar (well its a new local guru ghar) said to as he did a katha "if we maintain a strict rehat, thats how we get to sachkhand"

im not sure if he also said "rehat is the only way out" but i have definatly come across books like bhai rama singh jis saying "amrit is the way out"

my question to the sarbhat sadh sangat ji is

a) before sri guru nanak dev ji, what made people become mukat? my sister asked me (after listening to the sngh sahibs's katha) and also asked "so before guru ji, no-one was mukat?"

i had no answer to that because i thought all religions were equal..and there were many paths to reach akal purakh... but i dared not ask the singh for some reason.

i also wanted to ask, if all religions are equal, why does bhai gurdas ji say "sikhism is supreme"? (i remember coming across a //, but cant remember which one).

the two vaars i am reffering to are...

its 28.18 .it says theres lakhs of ppl hu do all sorsta things. but concludes by saying all the persons cannot taste an iota of the fruitful bliss which the practce of sikhism brings 2 the disciple....

gur sikhi sukh til na lahandey

and 28.9

gurmukh sacha panth hai sikh sahaj ghar jaai khalovai

meanin sikh way is perfect the sikh easily reaches the mansion of bliss

its these panktees i found interesting.

the gutka i have is written by gobind singh mansukhani and in which the 54th // in there (28.19) says "sikhism is supreme" "sikhi sarb shiromani hai" i am interested to know if bhai sahib did write this.

any idea?

gustaphi maaf

a singh sahib at out local guru ghar (well its a new local guru ghar) said to as he did a katha "if we maintain a strict rehat, thats how we get to sachkhand"

im not sure if he also said "rehat is the only way out" but i have definatly come across books like bhai rama singh jis saying "amrit is the way out"

my question to the sarbhat sadh sangat ji is

a) before sri guru nanak dev ji, what made people become mukat? my sister asked me (after listening to the sngh sahibs's katha) and also asked "so before guru ji, no-one was mukat?"

i had no answer to that because i thought all religions were equal..and there were many paths to reach akal purakh... but i dared not ask the singh for some reason.

i also wanted to ask, if all religions are equal, why does bhai gurdas ji say "sikhism is supreme"? (i remember coming across a //, but cant remember which one).

the two vaars i am reffering to are...

its 28.18 .it says theres lakhs of ppl hu do all sorsta things. but concludes by saying all the persons cannot taste an iota of the fruitful bliss which the practce of sikhism brings 2 the disciple....

gur sikhi sukh til na lahandey

and 28.9

gurmukh sacha panth hai sikh sahaj ghar jaai khalovai

meanin sikh way is perfect the sikh easily reaches the mansion of bliss

its these panktees i found interesting.

the gutka i have is written by gobind singh mansukhani and in which the 54th // in there (28.19) says "sikhism is supreme" "sikhi sarb shiromani hai" i am interested to know if bhai sahib did write this.

any idea?

gustaphi maaf

133000[/snapback]

I'm not too sure either....but i heard that only Amrit can make you mukt and even the 5 bhagats and all great gursikhs came to human life form during guru gobind singhji's time to take amrit. Also heard that panj peyare were tha 5 bhagats.

Bhul chuk maaf!

Shabad by Bhai Gurdas Jee in his Vaars

pihlW bwby pwXw bKS dr ipCoN dy iPr Gwl kmweI]

pehilaa(n) baabae paayaa bakhash dhar pishho(n) dhae fir ghaal kamaaee||

First of all Baba Nanak obtained the gate of the grace (of Lord) and then He underwent and earned the rigorous discipline( of heart and mind).

ryq A`k Awhwr kr roVW kI gur krI ivCweI]

raeth aak aahaar kar rorraa(n) kee gur karee vishhaaee||

He fed himself with sand and swallow-wort and made stones his bedding i.e. he enjoyed poverty too.

BwrI krI q`pisAw bfy Bwg hir isauN bix AweI]

bhaaree karee thaapasiaa baddae bhaag har siou(n) ban aaee||

He offered hid full devotion and then he was fortunate to have proximity with God.

bwbw pYDw sc KMf nwiniD nwm grIbI pweI]

baabaa paidhhaa sach kha(n)dd naanidhh naam gareebee paaee||

Baba reached the region of truth wherefrom he received Nam, the storehouse of nine treasures and humility.

bwbw dyKy iDAwn Dr jlqI sB ipRQvI ids AweI]

baabaa dhaekhae dhhiaan dhhar jalathee sabh prithhavee dhis aaee||

In his meditation, Baba found the whole earth burning (with the fire of lust and anger).

bwJhu gurU gubwr hY hYhY krdI suxI lukweI]

baajhahu guroo gubaar hai haihai karadhee sunee lukaaee||

Without Guru there is utter darkness and he heard the cries of the common men.

bwby ByK bxwieAw aud`wsI kI rIq clweI]

baabae bhaekh banaaeiaa oudhaasee kee reeth chalaaee||

To further understand the people, Guru Nanak donned robes in their manner and preached them to be detached (from the pleasure and pain).

ciVHAw soDn Drq lukweI ]òô]

charrihaaa sodhhan dhharath lukaaee ||aa||

Thus he went out to depurate humanity on earth.

pray.gif   pray.gif

132787[/snapback]

VAHEGURU!!! d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

thanks for sharing Penji