Guru Gobind Singh Jis Past Life

some singh

ur not gettin the point. i agree the dasam granth is not our guru and it has some dubious things in there which appear not to be gurbani.

BUT if youre telling me that u think that jap ji sahib is "higher" or "better" than chaupai sahib then ur rong. gurbani is gurbani, you admit that guru nanak dev ji had the same jot as guru gobind singh ji, so why should their bani be any different???????? how can u question gurbani? to even say that certain gurbani is lower than others is maha paap and i dont think you can call yourself a sikh if u have no faith in guru gobind singh ji's bani. so in ur nitnem 3 banis are less important than the other 2?

With all due respect, i understand ur concern that no sikh can tolerate someone challenging the authenticity of gurbani or calling one shabad of gurbani better or higher than other. And i agree that no one shud do this.

However the point i am trying to explain and which everyone seems to keep forgetting or overlooking is very simple. To call something GURbani means we are saying it is GURU DHI BANI, and guru dhi bani without argument is our guru. We can not just go around calling anything gurbani simply because we feel like it, or that someone told us, or that we see the words patshahee dasmee at the beginning of the writing. The only thing we can EVER call gurbani is the gurbani Guru Gobind Singh told us to accept as our guru. Meaning ONLY THAT WHICH IS CONTAINED WITHIN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI.

Guru Granth Sahib itself tells us that the gurbani alone can make one perfect for gurbani itself is perfect:

siqgur kI bwxI siq srUpu hY gurbwxI bxIAY ]

The Word of the True Guru's Bani is the embodiment of Truth; through Gurbani, one becomes perfect.

Now if one considers that some outside compositions are of the same level or status as that of guru granth sahib ji then that implies that gurbani is not complete on its own, that it is lacking something, and hence is imperfect. But the guru himself is telling us that this gurbani we read in guru granth sahib is 100% complete and perfect.

guru pUrw pUrI jw kI bwxI Aink guxw jw ky jwih n gxy ]1] rhwau ]

Perfect is the Bani, the Word of the Perfect Guru. His Virtues are so many, they cannot be counted.

Furthermore, the guru does not stop there. The guru tells us to accept this gurbani as being perfect:

siqgur kI bwxI siq siq kir mwnhu ieau Awqm rwmY lInw hy ]14]

Accept as True, Perfectly True, the Word of the True Guru's Bani. In this way, you shall merge in the Lord, the Supreme Soul. ||

If something is perfect it means it does not need anything else. It means that alone is enough on its own. So what authority does any sikh have to say well yes guru granth sahib is perfect but this composition (even tho we accept its not our guru) is also just as perfect as the guru? How does that make any sense??? There shouldnt even be need for argument on this point.

Im sure even after this explanation many will continue to say this thinking is wrong that dasam granth is also of same calibre or status as guru granth sahib. Well i gave an example before. Bhai Gurdas ji's writings were deeply regarded even by the Guru himself as a 'kunjee'. No other writings have been mentioned with such respect n love (outside of guru granth sahib). However, even after saying this the guru did still not consider these writings to be the same status or even equal to that of guru granth sahib. The guru considered only compositions within guru granth sahib as guru and nothing cud even come close to comparing to it. So how now can we change this policy and say no the guru himself was wrong, for we have found something that whic can compare to it?

I will leave u all with one simple message. THERE IS ONLY ONE GURBANI, THE SAME GURBANI WHICH IS OUR GURU, AND IT IS THIS BANI ALONE WHICH EVERY SIKH SHOULD FOCUS ON. And if anyone disagrees with this statement, then they are directly disagreeing with guru ji himself:

iekw bwxI ieku guru ieko sbdu vIcwir ]

There is One Bani; there is One Guru; there is one Shabad to contemplate.

If someone can still argue against this, the words of our own guru, then i shall say i am deeply sorry and that very little hope exists for such a person.

sincerely.

u sed tht to be gurbani it has to be from the true guru . i u saying that guru gobind singh isnt the true guru? the same jot of guru nanak dev ji through to guru gobind singh ji and now in the guru granth sahib ji is the same. so all bani by any guru is equal. but as i know u will not accept this. im not prepared to argue anymore cos neither of us are gonna change our minds. i jus feel sorry for you that u doubt guru gobind singh jis bani (not talkin bout bachitar naatak jus talkin bout jaap, chaupai. bani that, without a doubt was written by guru gobind singh ji. all the quotes u sed support my argument of guru bani is gurus bani full stop.