Rehit Maryada

curious_man

vjkk vjkf

i watched a vdo on rehit maryada ...couple of days ago.... on gursikhijeevan.com

it was good!!

in tht vdo ....tht sant ... was saying like damdami taksal's maryada is the original... becoz its frm guru's time.... ok i agree!!

then he says... tht sgpc and akal takhat maryada... is changing and breaking sikhi...becoz the leadership is in corrupt hands... and then he provides proof abt some change in maryada in 1930's...

my view is... tht if this is the case...

y not all grt mahapurakhs... decide a meeting and combine all maryada's into one universal maryada??

grin.gif

if sgpc is not in good leadership these days... ok leave it... anywys these ppl get elected thru some voting in punjab and surrounding areas....

so y not held a meeting of all the heads or sant samaj ... and make a universal ... whichever the mahapurakhs decide is the original rehit!!

i m not saying tht any maryada present today is wrong... i m no one to say..not even to think

but instead jathas like akj.. chalda vaheer... etc etc... have different rehit...

the sant in vdo was saying tht for sangat in canada ..dadami taksal offers help in BC...

y not all combine into 1...

no more tension... no more prblms.... and slowly but truly sgpc will be filtered out 1 day pray.gif

srry if i have offended...

i m not amritdhaari.... just thinkin yesterday... tht if i take amrit tomorrow... i dont wanna meet a person ... who will say .. tht amrit frm keshgarh sahib is best becoz its whre all started.... other will say..nono its DDT... etc etc

amrit is amrit.... but still stressing again... y not 1 universal rehit??? :@

vjkk vjkf

i watched a vdo on rehit maryada ...couple of days ago.... on gursikhijeevan.com

it was good!!

in tht vdo ....tht sant ... was saying like damdami taksal's maryada is the original... becoz its frm guru's time.... ok i agree!!

then he says... tht sgpc and akal takhat maryada... is changing and breaking sikhi...becoz the leadership is in corrupt hands... and then he provides proof abt some change in maryada in 1930's...

142044[/snapback]

Dear Veerji,

Have u wondered why those changes were made and who made those changes???

Prior to Establishing a Universal Sikh Rehat Maryada, there was utter confusion in Sikhs (even more grave than current one). Coz there were so many articles of Rehat which had been written by various Sikhs of 18th century PLUS all those rehat passed by mouth to mouth among common Sikhs. Here are few of those Rehat Namas:

1 .Tanakhah-nama

2 The Prahilad Rai Rahit-nama

3 Sakhi Rahit ki

4 Chaupa Singh Rahit-nama

5 Desa Singh Rahit-nama

6 Daya Singh Rahit-nama

Now all these articles were written by different individuals and hence different views and opinions. So SGPC which was formed at that time and which was NOT corrupt at that time, formed a panel of some eminent Sikh Scholars, Sants, members of various sects were made to sit together and discuss a common Maryada which was acceptable to all. These guys discussed it over a period of YEARS before they were able to reach an article acceptable to all.

Its a shame that some of our so called sects and some so called Sants have started their own Maryadas when they all know that Sikhs have a common agreed upon Maryada.

Yes I accept that SGPC has become corrupt. Yes I agree that we still have differences. But for the sake of Panth, I feel that we should all abide by SIkh rehat Maryada which is enforced by Akal Takhat. Although I feel that with time, we are in a need of a Revision so that the issues which were not discussed in that artice can be added and some of those which need editions can be edited.

:@ so.. in other words ....akal takhat maryada..though made by corrupt sgpc

is supreme and correct!! ?????

in the vdo ...the sant told that even Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale didnt accept the akal takhat maryada...

the sant told tht Sant Ji.. use to say tht "i will follow the maryada laid by Guru Gobind Singh JI and the sikhs of those time"... and tht is the maryada of DDT!!!

the revision wht u talkin abt is in other words wht i m saying , i.e. universal maryada!!

it seems tht all jathas have different maryada than akal takhat ...so r they lower??? ...like biggest difference is on Meat Eating.. etc ( no.gifno debate on this.. plzz)

so thts wht i m saying ...if revision/ universality of maryada is needed.. then y not have it??

since we can give petitions.. to PMs.. and other organisations.. they work too

y not give a suggestion like tht to someone in india... who can rectify and take action on this matter!!!

am i saying toooo much :@

the akal takht reyat maryada is supreme!!!!! SGPC was not the same back then as it is now... now it is just messed up with badal running things...

Sikh reyat maryada was made by great scholars and indicuals that have great knwoeldge about the understanding of banis. Bhai khan singh nabha who wrote mahon kosh(sikh encyclopedia) was at those meetings those are just a few..can someone tell me what is wrong with the sikh reyat maryada rather then the meat issue that everyone always argues about... i dont see anything wrong with it... people say 5 banis at nitnem should be done wellif you can do 5 ithat is great.. 3 banis at nitnem is essential for a sikh to do.... I know sangat is this forum cant even do 1 because they are lazy.... then why complain about 5 if you cannot even do at least 3... 3 is the minimum the moe time you have the more bani you can read... There is no law that you can only do 3 banis and not anymore but this is just the minimum.... I saw a lot of things that are wrong however in the damdami taksal maryada... if anyone would like to know what inthink is wrong with there maryada please post and ask if anbyone would care to liten to my views.

rub rakha

vjkk vjkf

it was good!!

my view is... tht if this is the case...

y not all grt mahapurakhs... decide a meeting and combine all maryada's into one universal maryada??

grin.gif

if sgpc is not in good leadership these days... ok leave it... anywys these ppl get elected thru some voting in punjab and surrounding areas....

so y not held a meeting of all the heads or sant samaj ... and make a universal ... whichever the mahapurakhs decide is the original rehit!!

i m not saying tht any maryada present today is wrong... i m no one to say..not even to think

but instead jathas like akj.. chalda vaheer... etc etc... have different rehit...

the sant in vdo was saying tht for sangat in canada ..dadami taksal offers help in BC...

y not all combine into 1...

no more tension... no more prblms.... and slowly but truly sgpc will be filtered out 1 day pray.gif

srry if i have offended...

i m not amritdhaari.... just thinkin yesterday... tht if i take amrit tomorrow... i dont wanna meet a person ... who will say .. tht amrit frm keshgarh sahib is best becoz its whre all started.... other will say..nono its DDT... etc etc

amrit is amrit.... but still stressing again... y not 1 universal rehit??? :@

142044[/snapback]

ahhhhh paji we all share that dream....

when it happens il be one of the first to shout

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.....and more!

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is NOT by SGPC.

SGPC stands for "Shiromani GURDWARA MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE". How could a Management Committee of Gurdwaras make a Maryada of the Panth?

The Sikh Rehat Maryada was made by the GURU PANTH. Please read the first few pages of the Sikh Rehat Maryada. You will find that in making the Sikh Rehat Maryada the majority of Sikh institutions, jathebandis, organisations, Maha-purakhs, scholars and intellectuals were consulted.

Mahapurakh BABA SUNDAR SINGH jee Bhindranwale, the Jathedaar of Damdami Taksal was consulted when making the Sikh Rehat Maryada. Also Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee was consulted. These are few names from the many people consulted when compiling the Rehat Maryada which is in accordance to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Guru Sahibaans utterances recorded in Rehatnaamas, Dasam Paatshah Di Bani, bhai Gurdas ji's vaars and Bhai Nand Lal Ji's poetry.

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is not made by a Saadh, Sant or one individual. It is collective work, which is made by Panthic Scholars and passed by Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, which is the Sikh's highest authority since the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji. SO Curious Bhaji and Proud_to_be_Sikh Bhenji you have your UNIVERSAL MARYADA :@ - you don't need to make another one!

The SGPC are the "PUBLISHERS" of the Maryada, who took responsibility to print the Panthic Maryada.

We should all accept and respect the Sikh Rehat Maryada as the Maryada of the GURU KHALSA PANTH. We may have PERSONAL opinions and differences in interpretation or practice of Rehat but the Fundamental Rehat of the Khalsa Panth has been provided by the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada, which provides a simple and basic reading guide to how a Sikh should live his or life and how code of conventions should be practiced.

Baba Jarnail Singh jee Bhindranwale while staying at Sri Akal Takht Sahib respected the Maryada of the Panth and Sri Akal Takht Sahib. I read in a book by Dr. Jodh Singh that Baba Jarnail Singh jee said that our personal Rehat and Maryada is for the Dera or Taksal, however on Panthic level and in Gurdwara Sahib we should respect and follow along with the agreed Panthic Maryada. Baba jee seems to make great sense. If we all did this - we would have PANTHIC EKTA :@

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is NOT by SGPC.

SGPC stands for "Shiromani GURDWARA MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE". How could a Management Committee of Gurdwaras make a Maryada of the Panth?

The Sikh Rehat Maryada was made by the GURU PANTH. Please read the first few pages of the Sikh Rehat Maryada. You will find that in making the Sikh Rehat Maryada the majority of Sikh institutions, jathebandis, organisations, Maha-purakhs, scholars and intellectuals were consulted.

Mahapurakh BABA SUNDAR SINGH jee Bhindranwale, the Jathedaar of Damdami Taksal was consulted when making the Sikh Rehat Maryada. Also Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee was consulted. These are few names from the many people consulted when compiling the Rehat Maryada which is in accordance to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Guru Sahibaans utterances recorded in Rehatnaamas, Dasam Paatshah Di Bani, bhai Gurdas ji's vaars and Bhai Nand Lal Ji's poetry.

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is not made by a Saadh, Sant or one individual. It is collective work, which is made by Panthic Scholars and passed by Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, which is the Sikh's highest authority since the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji. SO Curious Bhaji and Proud_to_be_Sikh Bhenji you have your UNIVERSAL MARYADA :@ - you don't need to make another one!

The SGPC are the "PUBLISHERS" of the Maryada, who took responsibility to print the Panthic Maryada. 

We should all accept and respect the Sikh Rehat Maryada as the Maryada of the GURU KHALSA PANTH. We may have PERSONAL opinions and differences in interpretation or practice of Rehat but the Fundamental Rehat of the Khalsa Panth has been provided by the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada, which provides a simple and basic reading guide to how a Sikh should live his or life and how code of conventions should be practiced.

Baba Jarnail Singh jee Bhindranwale while staying at Sri Akal Takht Sahib respected the Maryada of the Panth and Sri Akal Takht Sahib. I read in a book by Dr. Jodh Singh that Baba Jarnail Singh jee said that our personal Rehat and Maryada is for the Dera or Taksal, however on Panthic level and in Gurdwara Sahib we should respect and follow along with the agreed Panthic Maryada. Baba jee seems to make great sense. If we all did this - we would have PANTHIC EKTA :@

142136[/snapback]

Well Said Sir. d_oh.gif