Taking Hukum From Sggs Ji- Use Of Parchia?

swordsedge

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, veer ji/bhenji sabresword has sent me a message asking me to comment. But I do not see what more there is to say. I have already said everything on the tapoban thread. Pyare jio, I do not see what is so confusing about it.

here is a cut and paste of my final comments.

Re: Taking hukum and parchia

Author: Jagjit Singh

Date: 12-14-05 05:01

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I fail to see how putting two pieces of paper with YES/NO, in front of Guru Maharaj, then doing ardas, and then picking one up is right? What is the difference between doing that and doing ardas then tossing a coin and saying heads for yes, and tails for no? Nobody would do the latter, so why do the former?

A hukamnama is always specific. However the same hukamnama from for example, Darbar Sahib, can mean specifically different things to thousands of different Gursikhs around the world. This is a the amazing power of the Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

No living person who claims to be a Guru in false Gurudooms can ever do this.

The only reason, things like parchaain start is because of our lack of knowledge of Gurbani, lack of faith in Guru, or laziness in trying to find the interpretation of the hukamnama. If this is the case, then solve this problem, do not add another problem to it. Guru Sahib will be happy to take ownership of a decision which is made in line with Gurmat, but people are passing ownership of decisions based on chance.

To the veers who are in dilemmas because they may have lavan da paath or other hukamnamas. It is impossible for me, to interpret the shabad for you, as I do not know who you are , or what your circumstance is. I will not even try on this messageboard. If you are in UK, approach me in the sangat, and we can discuss it further.

The lavan shabad for someone can tell them to marry, others remove doubts about marriage. For others, it may mean concentrate more on naam and spirituality at these stages of your life are passing, or as you become one with soul - bride and Akaal. For others it is the accomplishment of achieving this.

It all depends on you, your state of sikhi, and what is happening in your jeevan. Guru ji has spoken to you accordingly.

Hukamnamas are there as a means for Guru ji to give you advice and direction. They remove your dilemmas. But as is the case for some, who have been unable to interpret it, and it has put them more in dilemma or dubda. Then there is nothing wrong in doing ardas. In this ardas asking Guru ji to remove dubdas and dilemmas from your mind, and taking another hukamnama.

My benti is leave all other avenues in life, of chance, trickery, blind worship, and fall in front of sahib siri Guru Granth sahib accepting Guru ji as the sole guide in your life, by accepting his words of Gurbani. - the SHABAD GURU.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

ok i too received a message to reply to this post...

well, my take on this thread is this:

when asking these questions go to the fundamentals of sikhi. Who is Guru? Guru Granth and Guru Panth. If the parchia were used in that time, ask yourself, why? That is what the khalsa panth decided to do as you stated in the story of the tath khalsa. In our faith decisions are made according to Gurmat and agreed upon in the sangat. Whenever you are in this kind of situation you can go to Guru Granth or Guru Panth khalsa. IN the sadh sangat ask for advice. In the olden days when there was a major decision to be made it was made in the sangat and the sangat woud give a jaikara if they agreed.

If you are trying to live up to old sikh maryada then always remember to go to our fundamentals: Waaheguru is samrath(all-powerful), Satguru SGGS ji is Puran Satguru(perfect Guru), khalsa panth is the embodiment of guru sahib, and we are all under akaal purakh's hukam. In sikhi, if you are really a gurmukh, unlike manmukhs like myself, marriage with a particular person is less important than the marriage of the soul with waaheguru and this is what the lavaan are actually about.

just my two cents....

peace.

BTW good luck.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Swordsedge veerjee/bhaenjee sent me a PM to comment as well. To be honest, I'm not sure really on this topic, so I would prefer to assess the comments of others before coming to a decision on this one.

The only comment I would make is, and I would be grateful if Jagjit Singh Jee could further elaborate on this matter is, the difference between using Parchia to choose a gurudwara committee (in Slough) and using Parchia to reach a personal decision. Above, Jagjit Singh is advocating against using Parchia in general decision-making. But if I recall collectly, were you not arguing for a return to the Parchee system of committee selection in Singh Sabha Gurudwara, Slough?

I recently read that Bhai Rama Singh Jee (in his Autobiography) commended the Parchee system previously used in Slough as a way of submitting to Guroo Sahib's will and accepting the Parchee selection as the best way forward.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo