Sehajdharis to move court

akjforever

Sehajdharis to move court

Tribune India

Wednesday, 22nd October 2003

Ludhiana -- The Sehajdhari Sikh Federation (SSF) has condemned the decision of the Ministry of Home Affairs disenfranchising Sehajdharis to vote in the SGPC (Search) elections stating that the move will create a “minority within a minority.” The party will challenge the notification in court.

“This is the culmination of the attempts by the Akalis to deprive Sehajdhari Sikhs from voting in the SGPC elections. This is a deep-rooted conspiracy to drive a wedge between the already fragmented minority community, besides denying representation to more than 80 per cent of the Sikhs in the world,” says Dr Paramjeet Singh Ranu, national president of the SSF.

Talking to TNS on the issue, which is threatening to snowball into a major controversy, here today, he said it was unfortunate that the present Sikh leadership had taken the emotive issue of the Sehajdhari Sikhs in a casual manner. Of the total population of the community in the world, more than 80 per cent were not Amritdhari (baptised) Sikhs.

Contrary to popular belief, Sehajdharis, he reasoned, are the nursery of Sikhism since the eroding social and moral values today underline the fact that Sehajdharis should be encouraged to come to the Khalsa fold over a period of time and not pushed out into the cold, as has been done now.”

“The decision is all the more unsavoury since the federation feels that the definition of Sehajdhari as provided in the Sikh Gurdwara Act does not leave any ambiguity and has stood the test of time for almost half a century.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031023/main5.htm

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I found this on another forum:

Somebody brought the following message to my attention to drive home the point.Please see how far these people can go.

Subject: Re: Fwd: [bAS] PLEASE HELP STOP HINDUS FROM VOTING IN GURDWARA ELECTIONS

Oh yeah.. It's my local Gurudwara Sahib.. This sunday i was there..

so was two private personal security gaurds as well as two cops to

overview the election thing. The voting cancelled after some Sikhs

discovered that Other party (Who are against current leadership)

brought 600 some fake Votes... That's what i heard.. I didn't even

got a chance to vote.. .. I think Young Sikhs should come

forward.. to take care things... That's really sad to see my

gurudwara sahib turned into Political Battle Field..

--- In AmericanSikhs@y..., Sarabjit Singh wrote:

>

>

> PLEASE HELP STOP HINDUS FROM VOTING IN GURDWARA ELECTIONS

>

> Gurdwara Sahib Bradshaw Sacramento

> Several hundred Hindus have registered to vote for the election of

management committee in the Gurdwara Sahib Bradshaw Sacramento.

While Hindu brothers are welcome to get spiritual enrichment by

listening to Kirtan, Katha or eat Langer, giving them the right to

vote would be direct interference into the Sikh affairs. On June 30,

2002, these Hindu brothers registered with Sharma, Patel, etc. last

names and carrying "Jai Mata di" banners on their cars came to cast

votes in the Gurdwara elections.

> Please write ASAP to the following two attorneys who are taking

this case to the court tomorrow.

>

> Navneet Singh Chugh

> navneet@c...

>

> Robe

rt I Harris

> rihesq@a...

>

> Please help stop the Hindu influence before it becomes a trend of

allowing Hindus to select Gurdwara management committees.

>

> Request: If you are upset with the interference, please control

your emotions and kindly use decent words in expressing your views.

Your e-mails may be presented to the Judge.

>

>

> ** http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAreaSikhs ** BAS Group Page

> * http://www.sikhcoalition.org * Sikh Coalition

> * http://www.sikhwomen.com * Updates on action across the nation

> * http://www.sikhe.com * Global Sikh Daily News

> *Create a Yahoo ID to access all previous BAS messages

>

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

there is no way ne one other then amritdhari/shasterdhari gur-sikhs should be able to have weight in decisions made for the khalsa paanth, (unless there are extaneious circumstances).

i dunno what ppl are thinking, they can dis-obey direct orders from the king of the unverise him self, and still count them selves his children, decision makers for the familly?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!