Going back into sikh history..

Vir Singh

Lets have lil fun here...

Let say u got one wish from sikh genie :nihungsmile: ..

HE granted u one wish which will take u to any famous sikh warrior/ruler/sant between the era of 1700's to 1999.. Whom u will choose and what possible advice u will give to em.. and tell us why u choose him/her :e:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bhai jaswant singh aka bauji.... when i met him i was 3, and was too busy playing with my hot wheels.. he had massive devotion to sangat... him and Gursevak Singh, yes... THE Gursevak Singh, the AKJ one, were the tightest of friends... but yeah..i'd love to meet him again... and atually i want the advice haha....i don't wana give any :)

Any of the Gurus are an obvious choice, but as for meeting true Sikhs, Bhai Randheer Singh Ji, he was a true Sikh, one of the few true sants out there, even though he didn't consider himself one. Mark of a true Sikh. And the fact that the sangat that he started is still is doing seva for Khalsa Panth, 100 years after it was created, surely says something. I would have loved to listen to him doing kirtan live.

The other choice would be Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhinderwale. I have seen his videos and have all of his speeches on cd, but I would have loved to meet him in person.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

But Guru Gobind Singh Jee passed away at 1708. That's why I chose Guru Jee.

Anyway, if I were to go back, then it would be during the times of Raja Ranjit Singh. Knowing the future, I would advise him to get rid of the Dogras (rhymes with Dodra… lol), and confiscate their territories into the Lahore Darbar. Furthermore, I would try my best to make sure to prevent the Shaheedis of Akali Phula Singh Jee and Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa as they were two best in the Raaj. With those two, the British would never have been able to defeat the Sikhs. Plus, I would also advise him to encourage industrialization so to give a huge boost to the economy.

Oh and I would also advise him against dynastic rule, and instead replace it with the rule of the Panj Pyaray, so the true Khalsa Haleymee Raaj would come about. Gosh, there are so many things I would have advised Ranjit Singh to do.

I find this topic really interesting. There's so many things I'd love to go back and see. My first choice though would be to meet Baba Deep Singh jee Shaheed and also Bhai Manee Singh jee. They were great Gursikhs, scholars, did sangat with Satguru Gobind Singh jee and gave amazing shaheedees.

Actually after reading Singh5's post, I would say that I would also like to do sangat of Baba Dip Singh Jee and Bhai Mani Singh jee. It would be amazing doing Sangat of those Brahmgianis. I would love to learn Shudh Gurbani ucharan from them, after all they learned it from Guru Gobind Singh Jee.