Wedding Advice

tricky

Hello all

I came here looking for some inspirational quotes that may be suitable for a wedding.

My sister is getting married tomorrow and has asked me to say at few words at the reception on her behalf. During the speech I would like to add a few 'words of wisdom' to express the way I feel about them both.

Both of them care deeply about the world they live in - it's people and environment - and I'm looking for a few ideas that reflect this.

Quotes from Gurus (esp. Nanak) would be good.

Hope you can help

Thanks....

Why would quoting Gurbani be demeaning it?

If both families were Gursikh...there was no meat or alcohol at the function....then wouldnt the quotations provide the basis of what the marrage should be about? Woudln't it be a guide for the two Gursikhs to be as one with the light of the Guru?

I dont see it being an issue.

It would be, if there was alcohol or meat at the venue..otherwise you could use the same thing about websites who quote Gurbani or even other Sikhs and Non-Sikhs who quote Gurbani...

Lets not take things too extremes and lets use our common sense and see that this would be a valuable thing for a couple begining the start of their married life.

My sister is getting married tomorrow and has asked me to say at few words at the reception on her behalf.

152006[/snapback]

Dont demean Gurbani by quoting it at a wedding reception.

152178[/snapback]

as long as there is no meat or alcohol / smoking it shud be ok, but who knows with one quote from one shabad from Gurbani someone might fall in love with sikhi.........