Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sittin In The Gurdwara For Too Long

Guest Guest

i used 2 b able only cross ma legs for less then an hour and after tht they reely hurt thru the hole rainsbai

but afta going to more and more rainsbais u get used to it, and if u move ur legs evry once in a while when they hurt, ull find u can sit thru most of the rainsbai crossed legged

its all bout concentrtion.

then agein if u r more comfortable sitting in another position then do tht

guest veerji ..

please understand every individual persons issues.. not everyone is the same.. i have been going to raensbai for the last 3 yrs .. trust me .. if someone has a problem in their legs/knees then it has nothing to do wit 'keep at it .. and u will be fine' or 'keep practising to sit cross-legged' ..

challo guru kirpa karn pray.gif

Guest Guest

Sat Sri Akal:

japmans acting like his time ain't coming...don't you worry puttra, moms is already looking for you. Just wait till that one day where they throw the "Oi, Viaah kar le hun, banda bun ja."

diepig.gif

Guest Guest

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BE A MAN!

when you sit down next time, put a small seat underneat your butt only, so it sits higher from the ground and your legs are crossed onthe ground. That little raising in your uppoer body will help relax the pressure from your knees.

If it is becoming too big of a problem, go to your local outdoor store and pick up a fishing boat seat. it looks like this and its not too big either to haul around.

B0000AXX0I.01-AN9APEYXRHVW0._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Guest haha
when you sit down next time, put a small seat underneat your butt only, so it sits higher from the ground and your legs are crossed onthe ground.  That little raising in your uppoer body will help relax the pressure from your knees.

If it is becoming too big of a problem, go to your local outdoor store and pick up a fishing boat seat.  it looks like this and its not too big either to haul around. 

B0000AXX0I.01-AN9APEYXRHVW0._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

157317[/snapback]

hmm..i bet tha boat seat duz work but jus imagine ursself walkin around in tha gurduwara with it in ur hand :wub: BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL.gifLOL.gif

Guest _simmi_

I'm 21 and my joints crack whenever i stretch my arms or legs. Does this happen to anyone else? I do go to the gym and do aerobics but still get the creaking. It's a bit worrying considering im only 21.

:wub:

Guest Guest

Sat Sri Akal:

Joints...cracking...yeah, welcome to the Senior Citizens Club...go soak your feet in hot water and make some warm tea for yourself. We'll discuss how it was much better in the old days and complain about how the youth have no respect for their elders...after I put my dentures in that is...

Nah...I get popping joints too. It's normal, as long as you are not experiencing joint pain with the popping occurs. The trick is to coordinate all the popping so that you can create some cool music...

umm back when i was lil, at my punjabi school we had a cross legged competition to see who could sit crosslegged without moving for the longest amount of time

if you moved even a lil bit u were out of the competition

i think the record so far is four hours and somethin (and remember, these are lil kids)

but almost all the kids sat for at least an hour

from experience all i can say is dont focus on how badly ur back or legs or w/e r hurting

focus on simran rather than the pain

http://www.yogajournal.com/newtoyoga/821_1.cfm

i have heard teachers saying dont let kids sit cross legged becuse it can cause prblems in the long run. but i think it has more to do with less excersize, not eatin right, and not knowing how one is supose to sit!

here are some tipz :nihungsmile:

http://www.yogahealthsecrets.com/meditatio...meditation.html

bhul chuk muaff

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest nirguniaar

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee ki fateh jee,

Veer Guest jee,

How are you,

Veer jee can i ask how old are you, then if you are in Young Age then this is a problem with your nutrition. I just want to tell you that you eat and drink pure things every day if you want to live a non-painful life. Drink Milk, include some salads and fruits and each time you drink or eat take the name of waheguru untill this pain does not go out. and thereafter Do Nitnem every day. Do some pranyaam, like sit one day for 15 minutes, then sit 20 minutets for another day keep it for 7 days, now after days sit around 30 days (Do not sit IDLE Japo Waheguru during this period).

Wahegurujee will solve all your problems.

bhul chuk maaf.

Guest guest - topic starter

Thanks alot for the comments ppl :wub: ...

......hanji im a bhenji and only 16.. ...and having problems already :@

yhh i suppose i should try these things out ...aint got anything to lose!

and the other day someone goes to me its because your tall :wub: @ ....like does that really effect your ability for sitting down with your legs crossed for what so ever time? :@ @

oh yh to add a bit....as i do have problems... but i know i shouldnt make it as an excuse.... but is it k if i could do my paath on da sofa or bed or sometihng lol...until i get into the routine of sitting with my legs crossed for a certain time? :cool: