Nihung Singh Documentary

Akal Warrior

Just found a documentary on the internet about Nihang Singhs...except for some wrong info, its a very well made documentary, almost 1 hour long!

link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...56964103&q=sikh

157275[/snapback]

I agree with you its a good documentary... is that the <banned word filter activated> Mark Tully doing the commentary. WHat an a**hole calling the shaheeds of 84 terrorists, and saying that guru nanak dev sahibjee wrote the Guru Granth Sahib when it was Sri Guru Arjan Dev Sahibjee and also stating That Desh mesh pita was buried at Anandpur Sahib.

Obviously goes to show he knows jack!

Next time when I go to India I will make a documentary on the Nihangs [Harian Bela].

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

to be honest i dont think its a good documentary. in a sense its good cos it highlights nihang tradition etc BUT its not really got the essence of sikhi in terms of basic principles.

at the start hari singh was referred to as being part of the nihang CASTE warrior caste etc...do i even need to comment on that?

then u had stuff like them doin matha to the baba ji, fair play he may be chardi kalla but we shud only do matha to Guru Granth Sahib Ji...

even then Guru Ji was compiled by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Guru Arjan Dev Ji compiled Adi Granth which is part of Guru Granth Sahib ji.

im sure in 1 part of the documentary they mentioned that they save mutton to be eaten on special occasions aswel :wub:

then at hola mohalla they had bhang goin on :@

oh yeah and how they referred to the 1984 shaheeds as extremists was wrong aswel, the was it was all interpreted is wrong.

maybe the guy that made the documentary just misunderstood some of the basic principles of sikhi which therefore failed to make the documentary totally gurmat.

please forgive me if my views offend anyone

to be honest i dont think its a good documentary. in a sense its good cos it highlights nihang tradition etc BUT its not really got the essence of sikhi in terms of basic principles.

at the start hari singh was referred to as being part of the nihang CASTE warrior caste etc...do i even need to comment on that?

then u had stuff like them doin matha to the baba ji, fair play he may be chardi kalla but we shud only do matha to Guru Granth Sahib Ji...

even then Guru Ji was compiled by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Guru Arjan Dev Ji compiled Adi Granth which is part of Guru Granth Sahib ji.

im sure in 1 part of the documentary they mentioned that they save mutton to be eaten on special occasions aswel :wub:

then at hola mohalla they had bhang goin on :@

oh yeah and how they referred to the 1984 shaheeds as extremists was wrong aswel, the was it was all interpreted is wrong.

maybe the guy that made the documentary just misunderstood some of the basic principles of sikhi which therefore failed to make the documentary totally gurmat.

please forgive me if my views offend anyone

157433[/snapback]

FAteh Ji

yea that documentry really annoyed me, if they are gonna talk about sikhi they should get it right, otherwise we dont need ppl to do the documentrys. There was alot of wrong things said.

someone should make a documentry properly.

anyway i dont think it was much on the part of the Nihang , cos we cudnt here him , but they gora who was commentating.