Why Does Volumes Of Sggs Does Not Need Parkash ?

N30S1NGH

I have this question on my mind for a while now,

I think Sikhs who makes rehat maryada (sgpc etc) in general are confused on concept of guru at the first place? is it jot shabad roopi ever flowing resosance or guru is only bound to mere certain bindings, certain format of caligarphy(laridvar/pad ched), ink?

My question and concern is - just because sri guru granth sahib (pandhar of wisdom) is written in set of volumes , does that make those volumes any less valuable compare to sri guru granth sahib saroop in one binding? if no then why this hypocrisy of doing parkash of sri guru granth sahib saroop and not doing parkash of sri guru granth sahib in form of volumes (translations, explanation, historical spiritual meaning provided)?

I beleive some sort of protocol or procedure maryada need to be in place regarding sri guru granth sahib ji in volumes?

I saw similiar type of maryada in nanaksar where they also do parkash of sri guru granth sahib ji (faridkoti teeka).

what's sangat thoughts on it ?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer jeeyo, this would mean that we would sortly after start doign Parkash of Gutkey Sahibs too. In that case we should be taking HUkamnama and doign Parkash/Sukhasan of each and every Gutka you have in your house. There is a significanse of the whole saroop as compared to Gutkey Sahibs and Senchiya. And what about if you only have one of of two Senchiya?. How do you do Parkash of several senchiya?

Sukhasan/Parkash are only for the readers advantage. The Guru doesn't care the least if you have an extra smooth rumalla below the normal silky one. 'Mera pyo', is above all the physical. My Guru doesn't need those pillows. They are all there for a practicle puhe Extra smooth rumalla below the normal one is so that the angs don't rip - agian practicle purpose. I don't think we should make Sukhasan and Parkash as some rituals. Because they are not rituals. Parkash is doen in the morning, so that anyone who wants to read and learn from the 'pandar' (treasure of knowledge) can do so during the day. During the evenign Sukhasan is done is order to get the saroop into 'resting position' (i.e. NOT SLEEPING, but as in where the saroop and the binding of the saroop will not be damaged as quickly if it is SHUT when no-one is reading from it). Agian this is all practicallity and not some rituals we should start doing.

I do not see anything wrong with the Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada (which btw has nothing to do with the SGPC, which is only responsible for publishing it) in this matter... :wub:

Bhull Chukk maaf

typically the maryada that i have heard is that if there are, for example, four pothi sahibs making the full length of guru granth sahib, as long as they are together they are suroop of guru sahib, but when you put them in seperate places they are to be respected as pothi sahib and not as parthakh satguru sahib da suroop.